At a loss for dining ressies any suggestions?

Hi all,
Its almost time to start thinking about my ADR’s, actually it is time, I am able to make them March 2nd.
But I am having a dilemma, I am literally at a loss here, I need at least 2 or 3 char. meals, 1) because its DS’s bday so we always have to do a char. meal for our kids bdays, and 2) because i need them to be happy and occupied by the chars., and honestly I just love them!!

I wanted to try new things this trip…we’ve done chef mickey 3x and I really don’t want to go to CRT again, the other thing is we did not get park hopper tickets so I have take that into consideration as well, don’t want to waste a day in a park that I really don’t want to be in. We are doing the water parks this year, for the 1st time.

So where else can I try that the kids would not be bored in, every suggestion welcomed!!!

Just a little info on my kids, 2 boys 2 girls, ages are at time of trip
ToniAnn 9
Paul 7
Nicole 6
and birthday boy Joey 4 (well he will be turning 4 when we come home) his bday is sept. 7th and that is the first day of school so we are going the week before his bday for his bday trip.

Thank you again!
Danielle

1900 park fare is a great one! For breakfast they have Pooh, the Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, etc… and for dinner they have Cinderella, the prince, the stepsisters (which are great!!!).
Also, there is Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and friends.
Hope that helps a little!

Have you thought about going to a resort? How about 1900 PF at the GF, or Cape May at the BC. We also like the CP in the MK and the GG in Epcot. We like the char. also.

I was thinking Cape May might be 1 of the ones I will be picking as we never did this one before.
Ohana we did 1x, and I was considering doing this again.
What can anyone tell me about Whispering canyon? and Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue?
would my kids be some what entertained and not bored?

CP we’ve done 2x, unfort. my kids are a little bored with pooh and friends…
GF we did 2x as well, dinner and breakfast, so that might be a last resort.
and we did Ohana’s 1x, so that might be another choice, as DH really loved the food there.

It’s times like this that I wish they had a character meal more geared to little boys.

There is the Garden Grill in Epcot…I don’t know if you’ve tried that. Hoop-de-do Review is very popular; I’m sure your kids would love it; but there are no characters and it would be a little “over-the-head” of a 4 year old. We did the Ohana Breakfast one year; it was lots of fun with Lilo and Stitch.

[QUOTE=llama;1067498]It’s times like this that I wish they had a character meal more geared to little boys.

There is the Garden Grill in Epcot…I don’t know if you’ve tried that. Hoop-de-do Review is very popular; I’m sure your kids would love it; but there are no characters and it would be a little “over-the-head” of a 4 year old. We did the Ohana Breakfast one year; it was lots of fun with Lilo and Stitch.[/QUOTE]

Yes!!! llama!!!
they seriously need to upgrade the char. dining rather then messing around with the reserving ride times!!!

[QUOTE=llama;1067498]It’s times like this that I wish they had a character meal more geared to little boys.

There is the Garden Grill in Epcot…I don’t know if you’ve tried that. Hoop-de-do Review is very popular; I’m sure your kids would love it; but there are no characters and it would be a little “over-the-head” of a 4 year old. We did the Ohana Breakfast one year; it was lots of fun with Lilo and Stitch.[/QUOTE]

its ok if they are not all char. dining i def. need at least 2 or 3 to be char meals. they really got a kick out of the 50’s prime time, the waiter there was great and picked on DH the whole time and the kids thought it was a hoot!!!
I’m willing to give it a try non char. meals a try to!!!

1900 Park Fare for dinner… the evil step sister and step mother… then cindy and prince charming. it was a lot of fun.

If you’re considering using 2 credits for Hoop-de-do have you ever considered the Luau? Mickey is there and the flame throwers may interest the boys as well as the hula dancers for the girls.

Thank you, i didn’t realize HDDR was 2 credits till i just read it on allears.
what is the Luau?

I know you don’t want to do chef mickey again, but it doesn’t require park entrance and has all of the main characters.

I am considering this again because the last time we were there my baby was only 15 months old, and the last trip we did in March 2010 we did a princess meal because it was my dd’s 5th bday trip…so we didn’t do Chef Mickey.
So this might be the bday meal we’ll be doing for him.

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1067506]Thank you, i didn’t realize HDDR was 2 credits till i just read it on allears.
what is the Luau?[/QUOTE]

I haven’t heard good reviews for the entertainment part of the Luau. . .I had heard kids will get bored. :confused:

We’ve done Cape May at BC a couple of times for breakfast and like it. Goofy, Donald, Minnie. . .all good.

We also did Donald’s breakfast at the AK. Kids didn’t really like the food.

[QUOTE=Magic;1067510]We’ve done Cape May at BC a couple of times for breakfast and like it. Goofy, Donald, Minnie. . .all good.

We also did Donald’s breakfast at the AK. Kids didn’t really like the food.[/QUOTE]

I am considering Cape May 1) because we never tried it…
I am also considering CM again and possibly Ohana’s again

I am just wondering about the non char. meals now…maybe i will try the Sci fi one…ack!! lol I told DH since this is our last kid and we went so far for everyone’s bday trip, next trip we will just get the QS dining plan so we don’t have to worry about what char. meals to do, that is of course they decide to change and add more char. dining.

never done sci-fi, but I have heard all good things! Have fun!!

We are doing no reservations this vacation and it is unbelievably “freeing” not to be tied to reservations to eat, etc.

If you don’t want to go to a park you can always go to Ohana. They do dinner or breakfast and they have Mickey, Stitch, and more. Great food and great atmosphere.

:wink:
we’ve done the breakfast 1x and loved it, i might be considering this!!
Never did the dinner, I’ll have to check out the menu on that.
Thank you!

Cape May Cafe Breakfast is good. The characters spend extra time because it is a smaller restaurant.

How about Mickey’s Backyard BBQ?? My son was 8 when we went and he had a blast. The kids get to dance with the characters, learn line dancing and there is a western band. The BBQ is 2 hours and most people only stay 1, long enough to eat and meet the characters, which by the way, do not go from table to table. It really is a lot of fun.

ESPN club is fun too, for the older children. Sometimes they have sports figures come in and do a mock interview while you are eating or sit in one of the booths with the Play Station. DS loved that one!

Ohana’s dinner is good. They have games for the kids, hoola hoops, coconut races.

Whispering Canyon would be fun if you get a good server.

If paying out of pocket, T-Rex or Rainforest are good for kids too.

[QUOTE=hiner;1067605]Cape May Cafe Breakfast is good. The characters spend extra time because it is a smaller restaurant.

How about Mickey’s Backyard BBQ?? My son was 8 when we went and he had a blast. The kids get to dance with the characters, learn line dancing and there is a western band. The BBQ is 2 hours and most people only stay 1, long enough to eat and meet the characters, which by the way, do not go from table to table. It really is a lot of fun.

ESPN club is fun too, for the older children. Sometimes they have sports figures come in and do a mock interview while you are eating or sit in one of the booths with the Play Station. DS loved that one!

Ohana’s dinner is good. They have games for the kids, hoola hoops, coconut races.

Whispering Canyon would be fun if you get a good server.

If paying out of pocket, T-Rex or Rainforest are good for kids too.[/QUOTE]

awesome Kim, thank you for your input!!!