At Sea with The Mouse 10/17

Another one of my abbreviated trip reports. I can’t compete so I won’t even try. :laugh:

Delayed 30th Anniversary trip. Just me, DW, THE Mouse, and 2000 Disney fanatics.

Quicksilver hooked me up for a nice ride.

At cruise terminal, we had a private meet and greet with Mickey.

Following morning on way to Key West, room service, overcast sunrise, then roaming around Key West. Held a 74 oz gold bar at the treasure museum. Still trying to figure out how to get it out of the case.

And still tring to figure out what the heck this staute is? :eek:

We had decorated halloween magnets. I added a few more to surprise DW.

To be continued…

So ummmm, Richard…what’s the deal with the ladies in a state of undress? Is this something we should know? :confused:

I really like the pic from the veranda. I guess the balcony looks like it’s worth the extra dough.

Great pics so far, I really want to go on another Disney Cruise. That is some statue. The people in it are so funny, look at the guy laying down and that poor child will be scarred for life. So funny!

Congratulations on 30 years!

[QUOTE=timkelmom;1001536]That is some statue. The people in it are so funny, look at the guy laying down and that poor child will be scarred for life. So funny!

Congratulations on 30 years![/QUOTE]

The guy on the ground is party of the statue. The guy standing and the kid are real.

It’s pretty strange. Maybe I needed more RUM to appreciate it. A LOT MORE RUM! :laugh:

Yep, there is a reason that the newer ships are 60-70 balcony cabins. Well worth the difference. With little one’s I might be ok with one of the BIG porthole windows but nothing less!

Sunday night left Key West WITHOUT one of the legandary sunsets. Bummer. Luminare for dinner and tried escargo…LOVED’em!!! DW tried bite but wasn’t her thing.

Monday nice day at sea. Couples choice in the Spa for 2 hours. Expensive but man that was nice. Formal night in Palos. LOTS of comments on my Mickey Tux vest. Great meal, service and…

So last trip we got a picture of you in a shower and you make a comment about you in a tux but no picture!!! We want to see this so called tux.

I clean up nice…

Tuesday - Grand Caymen. Overcast, scattered rain showers, scattered bucket sized drops. (DW will NEVER question my advice to pack rain jackets!) We hit shops then decided to use the local “bus” system - vans that run back and forth. But the price was right. Yes, sinners, you can take the bus to HECK (not the real name but you can’t type it here!) and it’s only $2.50 US.

It is a crazy rock formation of vocanic or coral rocks.

There is an “official” post office. I was expecting a DMV office :eek: but didn’t see it.

Oh, yeah, it rains in HECK too. Got to meet the Devil - actually pretty nice chap. Runs a gift shop. :laugh:

Wednesday - Where is the week going so fast?!?!

Wake to find showers - AGAIN. Cozumel. Hit shops and mess around a bit in town. Sky is clearing so headback to ship, book snorkel/sail/beach trip. Back to room to change into the infamous speedos, look outside, AND IT’S RAINING AGAIN! Oh, well, can’t snorkel WITHOUT getting wet…

Weather breaks and we have a great time. Fury Catamarans trip. Open bar (weak drinks but price was right), music, sailing, and beach trip. Highly recommend this trip. Only issue was we had an older woman (larger sized) who had a fit getting back onboard. The first step on the boarding latter is only 6" below the water and she couldn’t swing her feet up. I got her to lift up her butt on the stair, then swing around. Still not easy but it worked with some crew assistance.

Well congratulations on 30 years!! What, did the two of you marry in elementary school?:wink:

Thursday - BEAUTIFUL weather for day at sea. NATURALLY. Eat, nap, eat some more, show, eat, drink, sleep, DW chased me around the cabin (hey, it’s MY story!)

Friday, Castaway Cay. Rough seas in am but died down as we docked. Managed to get in parasailing - later AM got cancelled! Lunch then to the adult beach to hang out before our Cabana Massage. Sky opens again and 27 inches of rain fell in an hour. Cabana has tin roof so massage was extra relaxing.

Till we meet again show, more food, drink, and DW chasing me around the cabin again.

How did it get to be Sat AM and Port Canaveral already?!?!?

Thanks. She stole me from the hospital nursery. :laugh:

Saturday back in limo for ride to AK. 11AM and the unit is ready - 1 BR in Jambo house. A little dark for my taste but we enjoyed the animals right outside the rooms. Throw a load in the wash and dryer, bite for lunch then hit MK.

MAN is it packed. THERE WAS A WAIT FOR SMALL WORLD. There is NEVER a line there. Were they giving something away? Fortunately, DW said no way to the line so we’ll never know.

Then it was time to hit EPCOT and try to prevent another “situation.” We ALL know about BossMouse and the infamous Epcot Fountain Streaking Incident, well I heard that he had JUST been sighted again INSIDE Epcot - either security has gotten awful lax or someone removed the posters with his picture.

Found him drunk in France, so plastered that he actually offered to buy me a beer.

Meet his wife (that woman deserves SAINTHOOD), his cute neice (got to be the wife’s side of the family) who keeps WDW from falling into the swamp, and a few other women that he CLAIMED to be related to but it WAS F&W weekend and he WAS buying so how much can you believe?

Dumped him in England at the pub so I felt like they’d be rolling him out at park closing. The fountain was safe, for a while anyway.

Mrs. BossMouse, BossMouse, RLCarmichael, & some chick I picked up at the park.

Sunday. It CAN’T be time to go home ALREADY!!! :angry:

After a MUCH delayed bus to HS, we made it to Toy Story at 9:20. Twenty minutes after rope drop and the return time is 12:45! Before long I’m kicking the DW on TS, and it’s ALMOST pickup time for the airport. :crying:

Monday AM. It’s cold and raining. Just like when I left. Only difference is the AMEX card balance is somehow much higher. Donations gladly accepted. I accept, cash, master card, visa, paypal, and Disney gift cards. :laugh:

Yes, you do. Must have taken your DW a lot of work to get you looking that good.

Great trip TR.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1001596]Saturday back in limo for ride to AK. 11AM and the unit is ready - 1 BR in Jambo house. A little dark for my taste but we enjoyed the animals right outside the rooms. Throw a load in the wash and dryer, bite for lunch then hit MK.

MAN is it packed. THERE WAS A WAIT FOR SMALL WORLD. There is NEVER a line there. Were they giving something away? Fortunately, DW said no way to the line so we’ll never know.

Then it was time to hit EPCOT and try to prevent another “situation.” We ALL know about BossMouse and the infamous Epcot Fountain Streaking Incident, well I heard that he had JUST been sighted again INSIDE Epcot - either security has gotten awful lax or someone removed the posters with his picture.

Found him drunk in France, so plastered that he actually offered to buy me a beer.

Meet his wife (that woman deserves SAINTHOOD), his cute neice (got to be the wife’s side of the family) who keeps WDW from falling into the swamp, and a few other women that he CLAIMED to be related to but it WAS F&W weekend and he WAS buying so how much can you believe?

Dumped him in England at the pub so I felt like they’d be rolling him out at park closing. The fountain was safe, for a while anyway.

Mrs. BossMouse, BossMouse, RLCarmichael, & some chick I picked up at the park.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Love the pictures, fun and relaxing, they way all vacations should be.

I love BossMouse’s t-shirt! Lets hope he gets to wear the 2009 version soon!

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1001607]Yes, you do. Must have taken your DW a lot of work to get you looking that good.

Great trip TR.[/QUOTE]

It was that BLT shower from last time. :laugh: Water sprays out of everywhere! Atleast it will if you turn the divertor JUST right!