Attendance in October

We are going to be there the last week of Oct. how are the crowd levels and are there any special events other than the Mnnshp nights that can make for bigger crowds?

Crowds are not too bad. Epcot had the food and wine fest…That is a must do!!

Looks like you may be planning it just right. Other than F&W and MNSSHP on the weekends of the 17th & 24th there’s Germanfest under the big top and from Nov 9th to the 15th there’s a major Golf classic.
Not sure about all the other resorts but the 586 rooms at ours are booked EVERY DAY except 1 for the next 4 months straight.:ohmy::blink::wacko:

With the “Free Dining”, I expect bigger than usual crowds. We go the last 2 weeks of Oct. every year and there usually is not any free dining, so this will be a new experience.

Then - throw in the fact I will be there on the 24th and it will be armageddon all over again.

oh my well I guess it is big enough for the both of us at one time.HAHA

I have gone the last week in October twice. It’s a wonderful time to visit WDW. the crowd levels are hardly at peak and you should be able to tour with ease. I utilized EMH in the mornings to gain an edge over what little crowds their were and did whatever at night. Downtown Disney celebrates Halloween and has trick or treating for kids and there is a “haunted” hay ride at fort Wilderness…trick or treating also at your resort. Tons of fun in Epcot as well.

Are these things going on this year? Oh my, I have to go and find out They sound like so much fun!

I Know that they do have haunted carriage rides at fort wilderness a carriage cost $60 for four to have a 25minute ride on. Still trying to figure out as to if we want to do it or not. We are going to be on a limited budget.
Now is this trick or treating only on Halloween night than? and How does one find out what all is going on ahead of time before arrival for ones stay at Disney that last week. As we are checking in on the twenty fourth and leaving right now on Halloween unless I convince my DW to stay one more night at ASMovies or perhaps at Wilderness Lodge for one night to just relax and head out than first thing Sunday morning for the sixteen hour drive home.

[QUOTE=zoomaster;989305]I Know that they do have haunted carriage rides at fort wilderness a carriage cost $60 for four to have a 25minute ride on. Still trying to figure out as to if we want to do it or not. We are going to be on a limited budget.
Now is this trick or treating only on Halloween night than? and How does one find out what all is going on ahead of time before arrival for ones stay at Disney that last week. As we are checking in on the twenty fourth and leaving right now on Halloween unless I convince my DW to stay one more night at ASMovies or perhaps at Wilderness Lodge for one night to just relax and head out than first thing Sunday morning for the sixteen hour drive home.[/QUOTE]

Trick or Treating at DTD is usually the entire weekend before Halloween and of course the night of Halloween. the last time we were at WDW for Halloween they did it that way. Trick or treating at the resorts was Halloween day only and from like 4 - 6pm or something.

We’ve gone the last part of October the last few years. It seems to me that each year has been getting progressively more crowded. But still much better than peak times.

Thanks for the info re Halloween. We just booked a spontaneous trip over Halloween just for a long weekend. Didn’t plan on attending MNSSHP since it is double the price that evening $64pp (at least that is what our DVC reservationist told us). We were thinking of just playing it by ear for the 3 days we will be there.

One of the biggest indicators or how busy WDW is, is park hours at DHS and to a lesser extent AK.
During much of October DHS closes at either 7 or 7:30 nightly.
AK closes at 5 (well, the sun does set earlier too).
Even MK doesn’t stay open past 9 most nights, excepting Saturday nights and of course the Halloween party nights. But the party is a hard ticket event, so that doesn’t really count.
Earlier closing=less guests.