Attendance in September

I was curious if anyone can give me an idea of what the attendance is like in September. My DW and I are going Sept. 10th-16th. I know Florida schools start this week so I am hoping for a lighter crowd but with the free DDP it may off set this.

So if anybody has gone in years past with the free DDP please let me know what you encountered.

Thanks! :smile:

In my opinion, September, the week after the Labor Day holiday, is absolutely the best time to go! The weather is hot and perfect and the crowds are LOW. Free dining does attract people, but I still believe its one of the lowest crowd times!

Have a magical trip!

Thanks for the info. I sure hope it is that way!

Any thoughts about Labor Day weekend itself? We are going down there VERY last minute…just made the ressies a few weeks ago…I’ve never taken a trip with so little planning time, but we got such a good deal I couldn’t pass it up.
So how crazy are we to go Labor Day weekend? Nutso crowds? Average crowds? I’ve gotten VERY conflicting info from different sites.

We’ve done September the last 3 years (and this year) and it’s been a walk in the park. Even on premier rides there’s been little to no wait. Some rides were walk-on and the FastPass system was shut off some some rides.

It seems like Soarin’ is busy any time of the season though. But last year we walked on to Tower of Terror, Rockn’ Rollercoaster, Test Track, Splash Mountain and a few others.

We arrived last year on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. It was crowded to us, as we usually go later in the month, but it was very manageable. The water parks were the most crowded, as I recall…but most of September I think is frequented by the preschool crowd, which while significant, does not get in our way much. Toontown and Fantasyland are packed, we saw lines for Dumbo over an hour ?!?, but you could walk into HM. For the bigger kids, September is great. Hot, though, it is hot. We are going on the 22nd this year, and hope for similar crowds, but cooler weather.

I went 9/10-9/17 in 2003 and the longest line I waited in was 15 minutes and that was for Space Mountain!

[QUOTE=skunis1;987310]I was curious if anyone can give me an idea of what the attendance is like in September. My DW and I are going Sept. 10th-16th. I know Florida schools start this week so I am hoping for a lighter crowd but with the free DDP it may off set this.

So if anybody has gone in years past with the free DDP please let me know what you encountered.

Thanks! :smile:[/QUOTE]

Hey there We are going to be down there the same time as you. Sept 11th thru the 17th. We havent gone in Sept either but from what I have heard the crowds arent bad at all, although it is still HOT the wait times for everything isnt bad at all. Maybe we will run in to each other… Hey did you know that we are having a MB meet and greet on Monday Sept 14th? Its in WS in front of the totum pole in Canada… Its a great time to meet fellow MBer’s and chit chat etc…

Well from what I have been reading it looks like we may luck out and get to go on all the rides and see all the attractions we want without any major hassles.

Actually we will be at DHS that day and won’t be getting over to Epcot at all.

Where in NJ are you at?

Too bad that you cant make it but thats ok… We are in Brick,NJ which is in Ocean County which is about 45 mins north of atlantic city…

I know Brick. I am originally from Howell.

Seems like a lot of Jersey ppl decided to go down to WDW this September.

We have done mid Sept 4 times, 2 with the free dining. Crowds in the park are not bad at all, with the exception of a few rides, namely Dumbo and Toy Story Midway Mania. Both normally had a minimum of an hour wait. TSMM normally was longer and fast passes are completely distributed by noon. Most other attractions were less than 15 minutes, if not walk on.

Dining reservations are a MUST. Without them it is nearly impossible to get a seat, even with lower attendence.

We used to prefer this time frame, but now the weather has gotten progressively hotter- last time was about 94 degrees all days but one, which at 89 and felt like heaven. DD does not do well with heat, therefore we now pick cooler times. Last time was February and the next will be Oct-Nov to avoid unnecessary crabbiness.

Have a great time!

[QUOTE=skunis1;987310]I was curious if anyone can give me an idea of what the attendance is like in September. My DW and I are going Sept. 10th-16th. I know Florida schools start this week so I am hoping for a lighter crowd but with the free DDP it may off set this.

Thanks! :smile:[/QUOTE]

In Sept. 11-18 in 2005 and we had a great time… no crowds.
I think it is the best time as almost all kids are back to school.

Yes, it was hot and we maybe waited 15 minutes for Soaring, but that was for Fastpass.

We will be leaving Sept. 12-19 for a week and can’t wait.

My nephew is calling me every morning to tell me how many days until we leave.
He is really excited, he goes to school for 4 days, before we leave.
Pity the teacher… :laugh:

[QUOTE=simplytall;987376]We have done mid Sept 4 times, 2 with the free dining. Crowds in the park are not bad at all, with the exception of a few rides, namely Dumbo and Toy Story Midway Mania. Both normally had a minimum of an hour wait. TSMM normally was longer and fast passes are completely distributed by noon. Most other attractions were less than 15 minutes, if not walk on.

Dining reservations are a MUST. Without them it is nearly impossible to get a seat, even with lower attendence.

We used to prefer this time frame, but now the weather has gotten progressively hotter- last time was about 94 degrees all days but one, which at 89 and felt like heaven. DD does not do well with heat, therefore we now pick cooler times. Last time was February and the next will be Oct-Nov to avoid unnecessary crabbiness.

Have a great time![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Since we do not have kids yet those rides won’t be an issue for us.

We have all our ADRs done and even got Le Cellier and California Grill!

Again, thanks for the information.

Even without kids, do the Toy Story Midway Mania at HS. It is a blast! If you guys are the least bit competitive, it will be right up your alley. DH and I both loved it, probably more than the kids:laugh: We are very competitive with the score against each other.

If you decide to try it, go straight to it in the early morning and the wait isn’t too bad.

Enjoy every minute of you vacation. Can’t wait to hear about it.

[QUOTE=simplytall;987383]Even without kids, do the Toy Story Midway Mania at HS. It is a blast! If you guys are the least bit competitive, it will be right up your alley. DH and I both loved it, probably more than the kids:laugh: We are very competitive with the score against each other.

If you decide to try it, go straight to it in the early morning and the wait isn’t too bad.

Enjoy every minute of you vacation. Can’t wait to hear about it.[/QUOTE]

Ok we will definitely try it. Thanks for the tip!

Does anybody know exactly when FL kids go back to school? Our trip is from 8/31-9/8 and we hope the crowds are low. We once went the last week of Sept. 2006 and found it was very managable…although I’m pretty sure there was no Free Dining.

in 2006 we went for our anniversay from sept 11 for six nights… just the two of us of we had the best time. weather was hot but the crowds were not bad. we never waited very long for a ride or show except for sorin… and that was free dining.

Today was the first day of Fl. schools, is my understanding. Have a facebook friend who just moved away and she was wishing them a good first day of school today. (how’s that for the grapevine??:laugh:

maybe I’ll see you in the food court! :laugh: We’ll be there the 26 - 4th.