Attendence in Aug

planning on going aug 17-21 how crowd do you think it will be?

The crowd will be manageable, but it will be a little full. Just nowhere near capacity. Most attractions should only have 20 minute waits during the day. Of course, the major rides will be up around the hour mark.

I’ll be there! We’ve never been in Aug. before, but we’re going Aug. 15-23, and we have a few other families joining us. We’re also hoping the crowds will be manageable. Being a teacher, I never have the luxury of going during the off-season, so I’m expecting crowds will be similar to what we’ve experienced during June, July, or after X-mas trips that we’ve taken in recent years.

We were there last week and I didn’t think the crowds were bad at all. Even Soarin’ wasn’t as bad as it usually is during the summer. We’ve seen 100+ minute waits but not this time. The parks weren’t empty by any means but I noticed a decrease in wait times. We walked on most of what we wanted to do and used Fastpasses for the major attractions. We hit the parks early and got most of what we wanted to do done by noon and took a break or did some non ride stuff.

I do think that our week will be a little more crowded than it is now because it’s the beginning of free dining. I’m sure we’re not the only ones who start school the following week, and who are trying to squeeze in a free dining trip before we go back.

Thats what has me worried

We have been during that time frame in the past, and it is busy, but not crazy busy. I think if you have a plan, you will be fine. It seems like it hasn’t been as busy this summer as it has in years past, so that might work out to your advantage, free dining or not. Do you have all your adrs?

Me too…I went last year after the 16th and the crowds were totally manageable, but I don’t think free dining started just yet. This year I’m a little scared.

disneylovers5 and asp8tis,

I’d appreciate a quick status post when you get back…not a trip report or anything, just a response to the question “how crowded was it?” We leave on the 25th and are hoping that many schools across the country are starting early!!

I’d like to know what August is like as well. We start school tomorrow and taking the kids out to vacate gets frowned upon as they get older. Also as much as we :heart: the perfect FL weather in the fall the park hours are getting to short for them to get everything they want to do in.
If it’s worth squeezing a trip in before school then we may start looking at another time of year to go.

Here’s a hint, all Florida schools are open by August 24.

It will be a bit heavy on the crowds, but lighter than July.

[QUOTE=Tiggerific;984195]disneylovers5 and asp8tis,

I’d appreciate a quick status post when you get back…not a trip report or anything, just a response to the question “how crowded was it?” We leave on the 25th and are hoping that many schools across the country are starting early!![/QUOTE]

Will do! We get in late on the 23rd, so I’ll try to get something up as soon as I can. The main reason I’m worried has to do with the hour that I spent on hold at 6:00 am at my 90 day mark to get my ADR’s!:ohmy: That was before online booking started.

[QUOTE=Tiggerific;984195]disneylovers5 and asp8tis,

I’d appreciate a quick status post when you get back…not a trip report or anything, just a response to the question “how crowded was it?” We leave on the 25th and are hoping that many schools across the country are starting early!![/QUOTE]

Just got back tonight. The crowds were heavy, but manageable. We definitely needed to use fastpass in order to experience major attractions. Soarin’ & Test Track were up to 80-100 min. waits in the stand-by lines at mid-afternoon. Fastpasses for those were also gone by early or mid-afternoon. I think crowds will dwindle significantly after this week. We checked into POR with a room-only ressie on the 15th, the day before free dining started. We needed to check-in again on the 16th to get our new cards and parking pass. They had so many people doing the same thing that they set up 4 tables in Boatwrights divided up by last initials where you could go in the morning to pick-up your new materials. They told my friend that besides the several hundred that they had picking up new materials in Boatwrights, they also had 700 families checking in that day! :ohmy: The pool was ridiculously crowded last night. I have a feeling there were a lot of people checking out today in order to get back for school starting. Overall, we had a great week and were able to manage the crowds and do almost everything that we wanted to.

Thanks for the crowd update. How was the weather?

The weather was great for the most part. We’ve been to WDW in June and July, but never in Aug., so we weren’t sure what to expect. Even DH said it wasn’t as hot as he thought it would be. The avg. high was between 89-92 on the days we were there. Disney does such a good job of keeping you cool when waiting for attractions, there were really only a couple of times when I was uncomfortably hot. Once was while trying to hold my DD4 up to see the parade at DHS, and the other was while waiting 5 min. to get into Ellen’s Energy Adventure with all of those mirrors reflecting the hot sun on us, yikes! It did rain on several days, but it was usually brief, and often occured while we were in eating or on a ride, so it didn’t interfere with our plans at all. Have fun!

hi everyone!!
just wondering if anyone knows how the crowds are in aug? were going the 25th thur sept 2. weve been down in the 2nd week in sept and it was nice and slow there im hopping it is in aug also…thanks

[QUOTE=annie91077;1111859]hi everyone!!
just wondering if anyone knows how the crowds are in aug? were going the 25th thur sept 2. weve been down in the 2nd week in sept and it was nice and slow there im hopping it is in aug also…thanks[/QUOTE]

The crowds after the first half of August go down to manageable level…according to the Unofficial Guide…not packed like the height of summer season but not dead like Sept…we are going in August too…but crowds don’t really bother us…we’ve been on July 4th and New Years Eve and seen the crowds at their worse…August should be a piece of cake! :laugh::laugh:

If its any help it’s still British school holidays until the first week of September. We’ve been in August and its fine.

Were going 8/21 -9/2. Crowds should be about a 5/10 average. Free dining has nothing to do with crowd levels as disney resorts are about 90% full year round. Its the off site crowds that determine crowd levles. Head on over to www.easywdw.com and read up on the august crowd predictions.