August ADR help

I need ideas for a 13 night stay. It’s just 3 of us Dh, DD(10) and me. We try to do a nice sit down meal for most nights. Just a few breakfasts: Kona and Donald’s Safari Breakfast So far for dinner I’m thinking:

Narcoossee’s (anniversary tradition)
T-Rex (new for us)
Rain Forest Café (new for us)
Hoop Dee Do
Le Cellier (new for us)
Fantasmic package - The Brown Derby (new for us)
The Garden Grill (new for us)
Tony’s Town Square (new for us)

I can book next week…Suggestions???

My DW and DS were there in Decenber and they said the best meal and service was Chef De France. They enjoyed it more than Le Cellier.

You have some great picks on your list!

I second the Chefs De France suggestion. Our food was fabulous – I enjoyed my duck very, very much. And then you walk outside for fireworks. Doesn’t get much better than that.

Can I ask about Rainforest Cafe, though? I ask only because they seem to be at malls all over the place, and maybe you could take a pass on RC at WDW and fill that spot with a special just-at-Disney meal?

Other meals we have truly enjoyed were at California Grill and Yachtsman Steakhouse. the food at Yachstman was prepared perfectly and service was great. the California Grill is indescribably good food with a zillion dollar view and the opportunity to watch the MK fireworks from atop the building. Incredible!

Biertgarten is a requirement for my dh and boys. This upcoming trip I told each one to pick a restuarant they want to go to. All three picked Biertgarten, and then argued that we have to go 3 times, seeing the rule was each person pick one. (I made adr’s so they lost the argument, only going once!)

I would definately do T-Rex! it is so much fun and kind of like the Rain Forest Café, but better(in my opinion). The Hood Dee Do Review is always a great idea and so is the Fantasmic Package. We always eat at Hollywood and Vine though, but its great because you dont have to wait to get good seat! :laugh: hope that helps!

I like the idea of Chef De France, but DD and DH think it’s too fancy, I’ve heard a couple of times “I’m not eating snails”. The menu looks a little intimating, is it in the actual restaurant?

I’ve penciled in the Yachtsman Steakhouse, I love a good steak my DH on the other hand loves seafood. Tell me your opinions on this one.

My DH loves the Beer from Germany but I’m the hold out for Biertgarten. I’ve eaten at a couple of real German restaurant and am not a fan of the food.

Rainforest Café – its one of DD pick, but may be the first to go if we find better options. My DH will be working the first 5 days of the trip so I need some nice relaxing meals, I’m pretty sure Rainforest will send him over the edge.

Rain Forest Cafe is on the DDP?

'OHana! Our favorite WDW restaurant, although Cape May is now a close second.

Rain Forest Cafe is on the DDP?

I don’t think so; we aren’t doing the DDP this time. Since my DD is now 10 and considered an adult by Disney it’s not a very good deal. We are also trying to avoid buffets and family style restaurants this time.

[QUOTE=NinerMouse;1015354]Rain Forest Cafe is on the DDP?

I don’t think so; we aren’t doing the DDP this time. Since my DD is now 10 and considered an adult by Disney it’s not a very good deal. We are also trying to avoid buffets and family style restaurants this time.[/QUOTE]

Rain Forest Cafe is NOT on the DDP. that is actually the first thing they tell you when you check in there. “are you on the DDP, do you know we are not part of it”…we already knew but that is good they do that, imagine how many surprised guests they had when they thought their meal was covered!:ohmy:

Be warned about the Yachtsman. DW was there in Dec. and had horable service. My DS’s meal was the worst he had and DW tried his too and said his steak was awful. They asked for their desert to go and waited so long they left with out it. The waitress was very snoty. It was so bad she complained to Disney and she does not complain about anything.

I like…

Ohanna - polynesian…must do for us
Boma - book it on a sat or wed night
Momma Melrose - not a favorite to all, but I love it there
1900 park fare - my DD loved it and she was 15 at the time
Crystal palace - must do every trip

[QUOTE=Dana;1015619]I like…

Boma - book it on a sat or wed night
[/QUOTE]

Why a Sat or Wed night?

They have their ribs those nights…holy smokes! Worth the trip over there just for them. they are delicious~!:heart:

Great Tip!
We love good ribs!

Thanks!