August or November

Ok, here is my problem. my hubby and i had planned to go to disney August 25th-september 1st. we cancelled out disney cruise so we could have extra days in WDW. then we watched the christmas parade. now we are wondering if we should go in november when the xmas decorations are up. we were looking at november 10-17th. can someone help us make this decision easier!??!?!? we can only afford to go once right now, so unfortunately my idea of going twice in one year wont fly lol. this is my first visit, so i really need some advise. thank you all in advance!:mickey:

I’d pick Nov for less heat and more decorations.

The osborne lights in HS should be up and since the Christmas parties in MK start in early Nov, the decorations will be all up there too.

I don’t know how much Epcot has up by that time. The Christmas processional doesn’t start until after Thanksgiving and I don’t know about the story tellers.

Hands Down…November…

It is horribly HOT in August/September and the crowds should still be there as they usually taper off after Labor Day.

The weather in November is BEAUTIFUL!! The crowds should be fairly low. November 11th is the last day of Food & Wine Fest at Epcot and the decorations will be up.

We like Nov as well. Have done it twice now and the weather was very nice both times.

Plus if the lights aqre up it is really pretty at the parks.

-Harry

If you only have one option to make it to WDW I would also consider November. I enjoy the summer heat, but the crowds are generally much lower. During the beginning of the month F&W fest is a good draw, but that is mainly isolated to activities in Epcot.

November for a whole host of reasons including lower crowds, lower temps, next to 0% chance of a hurricane, and value season prices.

We went Nov 12th - 17th a couple years back and the weather was perfect, crowds were low and a lot of Christmas decorations were up. Christmas won’t be in full bloom yet, but there will be enough for you to enjoy. Definitely would recommend November. Osbourne lights alone would make that decision for me!

Are there dates for the food and wine festival next year? I really wanted to go, but I know that the park gets really crowded at that time. It would be nice to be thrre the last day or two of it. How much of the christmas lights and decorations are up when we are talking about going. I think that is the week before thanksgiving next year. Btw, is it lame that I am watching tangled while im writing:happy: this? Lol

Our family were just there from the 11th of November to the 18th The decorations were onlypartially up. Resorts were lacking and The theme parks were done nicely Well at least HS and Mk Epcot and AK were starting to put up decorations We went to see the resort decorations as we had been in the past and the resorts are truly an amazing site but this year nothing as we were to early so be warned and ready for some disappointment if you go at this time

Sept 28- Nov 11, 2012 are the set dates for next year. I would avoid the weekends of F&W Fest if at all possible because they get packed!

Another vote for November here! I have been at both times and though we have had a trip or two in August with okay crowds and not terrible heat, we’ve also experienced big crowds and a lot of tropical weather. If it were my trip, I would pick November hands down. Good luck with your choice!

I promise you - you do not want to go during the Food and Wine Festival. The crowds are an absolute nightmare! And the food…well, personally, we just dn’t think it’s worth fighting the crowds and if you are paying out of hand it can add-up very quickly.

The Christmas decorations go up right around Thanksgiving. We were there from Nov. 25 to Dec. 2 this year and except for the tree at the MK, all the decorations were up. And the crowds were non-existent. It was a great time to go.

August can be brutally hot. The week right after Labour Day is a terrific time - crowd-wise.

thank you guys so much for all your advise. we ended up changing our dates for november 10-17th. its really the closest we can go to christmas. i work at a 5 star restaurant where i live, and december is a blacked out month for us. plus i have read that the week of thanksgiving is really busy there. so i will see whatever decorations i can when i am there. hopefully there will be something up since i will be there the week before thanksgiving.

Although the decorations are beautiful and very nice to see…small crowds are a bigger bonus and the week you picked should be one of the slowest of the year. It use to be easy to predict when the slow times at WDW would be - that doesn’t seem to apply anymore. Anytime Disney spots a “slow” time, they’ll offer an incentive (ie. free dining) to get people into the parks - so you never really get “uncrowded” times anymore - but you’ve still picked one of the best for low crowds and good weather. Now, start planning!:happy:

August is rediculously HOT, but not hot enough to keep us away. Our favorite time is November/December with all the decorations. We are headed down in a few days and this will be out first January trip. I’ll let everyone know about January weather when we get back. Extended forecast shows some pretty nice weather.

[QUOTE=llama;1098170]I promise you - you do not want to go during the Food and Wine Festival. The crowds are an absolute nightmare! And the food…well, personally, we just dn’t think it’s worth fighting the crowds and if you are paying out of hand it can add-up very quickly.

The Christmas decorations go up right around Thanksgiving. We were there from Nov. 25 to Dec. 2 this year and except for the tree at the MK, all the decorations were up. And the crowds were non-existent. It was a great time to go.

August can be brutally hot. The week right after Labour Day is a terrific time - crowd-wise.[/QUOTE]

We were there this past October (end of October) and didn’t find the crowds to be bad at all. Epcot had some crowds in the evening for the food and wine, but it wasn’t bad except around the Worlds. August/September is hot. November weather is nice. There are pros and cons of each time. Have fun!

I can attest to Llamas concern with the crowds at Food and Wine. I believe we were there around the same time and boy, I have never seen Epcot so crowded in all my years. You were shoulder to shoulder, not even able to pass to the next kiosk to enjoy the food. I believe that was a Saturday, so I’m assuming weekends are worse.

We’ve gone twice in August but never again, it’s TOO HOT!!! (and that’s an understatement).

Weekends ARE horrible!! I will never ever ever ever do F&W on a Saturday again!

Yes, I have heard that Food and Wine attracts locals on the weekend hence a bigger crowd. But, crowds in the other parks are not bad that time of year.