August park hours

Well they released the hours for August…totally screwed up my sketch plan as the EMHs are totally different from what they normally run. Typical…LOL. Not one showing of Spectro the entire time…have they canceled that parade and I missed the news on that? It’s possible since I haven’t been on that much. They have tons of EMHs the ten days I am there and that’s cool. I like to hit the parks VERy early and take advantage of them. The night EMHs not so much. They are ridiculously crowded and a waste of time unless they run until midnight or later. So now I must redo any plans that I did make and redo my dining plans. I wasn’t booking that many places, but the days would need to be changed as they won’t work with the new park hour schedule…oh well. I guess this is an excuse to plan more.:laugh: I get to make my ADRs on 2/23, so I better get cracking.

Dana – what are your dates? The website I use for schedules has the August schedule up and Spectro is listed on almost every day in August. Only a few days where it skips.

August 2010 - Walt Disney World Parades and Fireworks Times

I think there are only 4 days the whole month that don’t have Spectro listed…

That happened to me last trip but they added more when it got closer

Well, Dana - they know how much you love to plan - so they switched things around just to keep you on your toes.

You should be more like me - oblivious to everything.:huh: Oh - wait - I have you to plan my trips…:laugh:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1017104]Dana – what are your dates? The website I use for schedules has the August schedule up and Spectro is listed on almost every day in August. Only a few days where it skips.

August 2010 - Walt Disney World Parades and Fireworks Times

I think there are only 4 days the whole month that don’t have Spectro listed…[/QUOTE]

I’m on the official site (also went to allears.net.) My dates are 8/22 - 8/31. I’m sure they will add them eventually or maybe they did add them today? they were on there yesterday.

ok came up with this…see what you think

Day #1
AM - check in
Park - whatever bus comes first
Break
dinner at Chef mickey
PM - swimming/settle in

Day #2
AM - EMH HS
Break
PM - DD’s pick

Day #3
AM - EMH MK
Break
PM - DD’s pick

Day #4
AM - EMH AK
Break
PM - DD’s pick

Day #5
AM - no park sleep in
laundry and chill out
Dinner @ohanna
PM - World showcase

Day #6
AM - EMH HS
Disney Quest at 11am
Dinner at Wolfgang express
PM - DTD

Day #7
AM - Epcot FW
Break
Dinner @Boma
PM - DD’s pick

Day #8
AM - Sea World
home around 5pm or so
PM - chill at resort or whatever

Day #9
AM - Bfast at Crystal palace for 8am
Mk all day
break to pack up
PM - whatever DD wants

Day #10
check out
HS till they throw us out or the plane leaves…:frowning:
PM - travel home:frown:

[QUOTE=Dana;1017164]Park - whatever bus comes first
[/QUOTE]

That made me giggle out loud. We do this all the time. Love being foot loose, and fancy free!

Your plans sound good. Are you getting the DDP? You are brave. I never go to the parks on my check out day because im afraid of missing the plane.

I think they must have gone up today, then… as best I can tell, you can see it seven times when you are there… LOL! I think you can really trust this site, as it has always been 100% correct for me!

I will definately get back on there and add them to my workshet. Thanks!!

Tink24 - I must do the triangle of HS at least 5 times before I leave…the sorta triangle that is Rnr, TSM and TOT…lol I am on the QSDDP. I am booking a few tables, but other than those few “must dos”, I am totally uninterested in running from ADR to ADR…it really just makes me a crazy mess.

Thanks for looking at the plans.

That happened to me, I tried to guess what the EMH would be and I totally missed. I had to rework all our plans but at least I had some time between park hours being released and the day I needed to call for ADRs. We don’t have as many ADRs booked but I may add one or two before our trip gets here.

I just hope they don’t change them…that would stink…lol

LOL!

I am impatiently waiting too! I need the Sept 1-5 hours to finish my ADR and park planning. I noticed they changed all the EMH! What is the deal? It is all predictable then bam! changes! I am trying the “go to a park the day after EMH night” plan this time- does it work for crowds?
Hope they have the dates well before I have to make ADRs. We have the bounceback free dining so I want to get my use out of it! Hopefully BEFORE they announce a new FD offer and everyone starts making ADRs!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1017420]LOL!

I am impatiently waiting too! I need the Sept 1-5 hours to finish my ADR and park planning. I noticed they changed all the EMH! What is the deal? It is all predictable then bam! changes! I am trying the “go to a park the day after EMH night” plan this time- does it work for crowds?
Hope they have the dates well before I have to make ADRs. We have the bounceback free dining so I want to get my use out of it! Hopefully BEFORE they announce a new FD offer and everyone starts making ADRs![/QUOTE]

That park after EMH plan does help with crowds. Many people take advantage of those evening EMH because most people seriously aren’t interested in getting up super early and doing the morning EMh…that’s why I got to them…lol I get more done in that single hour than the entire three of evening ones.