August trip?

We typically go to WDW in September (over Labor Day), mid October, or mid January(over MLK). We are considering going this year from maybe 8/12-8/24 to avoid taking kids out of school. Can anyone tell me how crowds might be? I know it will be hot like it is in early September!! We typcially go the parks right at rope drop and then take an afternoon break no matter when we go!

That’s the same time frame we go. Crowds have never seemed that bad. I’m thinking 20 to 30 minute waits, which is very doable. The difference between August and September is that August is more humid than September, so make sure your focus is keeping hydrated. Enjoy and have a good time!

We usually go the last 2 weeks fo August, but my friend goes 2 weeks befores us (we usually overlap a few days). She says the crowds are heavier until the last week of August. She says its definitely less towards the end of the month.

The crowds will start thinning during the last two weeks of August. T

I honestly don’t think there are any really “slow” times at WDW anymore. As soon as a holiday is over, Disney introduces free dining or discounts - and the parks fill up again. :glare:

[QUOTE=llama;1015322]The crowds will start thinning during the last two weeks of August. T

I honestly don’t think there are any really “slow” times at WDW anymore. As soon as a holiday is over, Disney introduces free dining or discounts - and the parks fill up again. :glare:[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with that statement!

We’ve been in August the past 2 years and are going again this August, because of school schedules too. It’s crowded but not to the point that you can’t enjoy the trip. It is hot and very humid, plan for afternoon showers. We always go to the parks in the morning and come back and swim a little then go back out for the evenings.

The only park that seems to be really crowed and can be unpleasant is HS. We’ve decided it’s the hottest park because it’s all asphalt and not to many trees or green areas. The heat just beats on you there so we have learned to go there really early and get out before the brutal afternoon heat.

But honestly no time is a bad time at WDW!

We typically go in September but, last year went in August so that we did not have to pull the kids out of school. We noticed that the parks where significantly more crowded. We will not go back in August!