Aulani Resort and Spa at Ko Olina, Oahu

Have you seen the Disney web site that promotes Aulani?

The various artist renderings, construction photos, as well as a virtual flyover of the resort are all available at:

Aulani Photo Gallery | Disney Hawaii Resort | Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa

Here are construction pics as of last week. Lagoon is like this one and the sunsets will be like this. We stayed at Marriott couple of doors down before cruise. Weren’t sure if we’d see the new place or not but when they tried to get me to take a timeshare tour I told them I had all I would stand with DVC and she said Disney is coming next door…like I was going to change my mind and buy MVC?!?

Yes and I love it! Rlcarmichael your pictures are amazing…Thanks!

Yeah, a couple of sunsets like this ALMOST make the 11.5 flight worth it. All I can say is the freq flyer miles to upgrade to first class were worth every mile for that trip!!!

The new resort is only about 15-20 minutes west of Honolulu International and easy drive on the interstate. It is a resort area, and not the tropical resort you think of like Poly but it’s nothing like Wikiki which is nothing but way too many buildings for me.

Disney made a good choice location wise because there are many more flights into HNL than other islands.

Wow, it’s on gorgeous land (well… it’s Hawaii!). Beautiful location. Now I want to purchase DVC! :laugh:

I think it’s great that they’re building resorts in other locations (Disneyland and Hawaii) because trading your points to stay in hotels isn’t a very good deal. I think this will definitely bring more people to DVC. People who enjoy going to Disney, but also want to be able to vacation elsewhere.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1034594]Have you seen the Disney web site that promotes Aulani?

The various artist renderings, construction photos, as well as a virtual flyover of the resort are all available at:

Aulani Photo Gallery | Disney Hawaii Resort | Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa[/QUOTE]

DVC Mike, you HAVE to get me a job with you. I know your looking for a Seventh Home Resort in Hawaii, Bravo too you! :cool:

It looks amazing!

I just read prices and point charts will be available July 1.

I’m guessing that there will be a warning on the cover about people with heart problems. EVERYTHING in HI is crazy expensive. At Marriott the PARKING was $38 per day!

If you want an early peek:

Point Chart

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1038164]If you want an early peek:

Point Chart[/QUOTE]

Not as bad as I expected. There’s no difference between weekend and weeknight points? I wonder if it will stay this way.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1038164]If you want an early peek:

Point Chart[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Not so bad as we will be going Adventure or Choice.

Resort Opening

Phase I (209 hotel rooms, 119 villas): August 29, 2011
Phase II (138 hotel rooms, 178 villas): December 29, 2011
Phase III (404 villas): February 28, 2013

Booking dates
Hotel rooms (non-DVC): August 2, 2010
DVC Aulani owners: September 29, 2010
All DVC members: January 29, 2011 (or 7 months prior to arrival)

We are planning to go in Oct. :smile:

Aulani Disney Vacation Club Villas - Hawaii | Disney Vacation Club