Autograph Books and How-Tos

Woooo!!! First thread!!!

So, I’ve been making my own autograph books since I was a little kid and we went to Disney with some family friends. I didn’t want them to feel left out because they didn’t have autograph books, and we were going to several character dining restaurants. (We ate at what was then Donald’s Breakfastosaurus, Crystal Palace, and Hollywood & Vine back when it was Minnie and friends.) So, I took 8.5 x 11 paper, cut it in half, then folded the halves in half, and made us all autograph books!

Since then, my autograph books have become a little bit more professional-looking.

I recently made my own autograph books and found it easy to do (though time-consuming). I was able to fit three 4x6s to a page. I printed the autograph pages onto printer paper and the title pages and cover onto cardstock. I cut out the pages using a rotary paper cutter (these can be found at an office supply or craft store in a variety of sizes and prices). It was quicker than scissors, and my lines were straight. I laminated (I laminated mine at home, but you can take yours to a copy shop or office supply store to get it laminated) the front and back cover (for the back cover, I used colored cardstock in a coordinating color). Be sure to trim the lamination close to the edge on the side that the binding will be on. There are many different options when binding the book. I bound mine using plastic binding combs (you can get this done at a copy shop or office supply store). You could punch holes and tie the pages together with a ribbon or pipe cleaner. Or you could use binder rings. Or you could buy a 4x6 photo album to slip the cards in and out of.

Here’s some photos of my books from my February trip(more in my photobucket under “Completed DISigns”):

For my upcoming graduation trip (two days!!!), I decided on 5x7s, since I was only making two books.

My laptop battery died when I was printing Rachel’s at the end, and the printer shut off, so that’s why hers is messed up at the bottom. I didn’t want to waste ink and paper by printing her another one. :frown:

I just used generic WDW pages because we aren’t going to be there too long.

For the character meals, I made a page for each character at the meal.

So, if you’re feeling inspired and would like to create your own autograph book, I have many designs to choose from, and they are free for all!

Check out my photobucket!

I have autograph book covers, park-specific autograph book pages, individual character autograph pages, and character dining autograph book pages.

Truly amazing, Victoria! My kids are going to love giving these a try. Thanks for sharing!

yaaaaay first Arts & Crafts post!!! :happy:

Your autograph books are so very cute and so well made!! Thanks so much for sharing them! I LOVE the idea of making customized books for each trip! I may have to start doing this… I bet the pages would look great in a scrapbook afterwards too! :happy:

Your books are awesome!! I’ll have to make one!!

Thanks for sharing!! My DD7 and I decided to make their books this year!! We purchased 5x7 stencil books and were going to use scrapbooking stuff, but I just showed her your designs and she loves them. I am computer illiterate, so can we print them off?

Those are so nice and truly one of a kind. Thanks for sharing!

They are great Victoria!
Happy graduation :mickey:

Victoria, I was looking through your wonderful designs and wondered if when you print them do you “fade” them so that the signature will show - or is there no need to?

Thank you for posting these! I was thinking of making my own this year and these are perfect. I think I’ll have to attempt some!

Absolutely! And if you need anything personalized with her name, just let me know! I’d be more than willing to personalize an autograph cover with your DD’s name or character dining covers with your dates.

As for printing, they are not copywrite protected, so just right-click and save!

For all that use my designs, I just request that they post pictures of their autograph book creations!!! :happpy:

The background on all of the signature cards is light enough that the signature shows up with a dark pen. I use thick Crayola markers for the characters to sign with so that they don’t stain or bleed through. If you plan on using Sharpies or permanent markers, I recommend that you print the pages onto cardstock.

Those are super fantastic!

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1035394]Absolutely! And if you need anything personalized with her name, just let me know! I’d be more than willing to personalize an autograph cover with your DD’s name or character dining covers with your dates.

As for printing, they are not copywrite protected, so just right-click and save!

For all that use my designs, I just request that they post pictures of their autograph book creations!!! :happpy:[/QUOTE]

OMGosh…that would be so awesome and she would love it!! Are you sure that won’t be too time consuming for you?? I think my DS9 might even get into making his own!!

You are so creative!

Thank you so much for sharing! I’ve been thinking about making my own autograph book for this summer’s trip! :heart:

Not at all - I do it all the time. Just fixing a name is really easy. If you want a new design, that’ll take a little bit longer, but I’m happy to do it if it’ll put a smile on someone’s face! :happy:

You are awesome, thanks so much!! Should I PM you with their names and our dates?

Oops, yes I missed this post. Sure, a PM would work!