Avatar Coming To Walt Disney World

This could be really neat or a big flop. Hopefully Cameron will allow Disney to have creative control. They could make his movie really cool.

Disney, Fox and James Cameron to Bring AVATAR to Life at Disney Parks - Yahoo! Finance

Will there be Avatar sequels? I’d hate for everyone to forget about the movie by the time construction is finished.

I never saw Avatar. It wasn’t appealing to me. Everyone says it’s an amazing movie, though.

according to the story, two sequels are in development. And I don’t think anyone will forget that film. I know I won’t. Way too gorgeous and way too powerful

Yes, two sequels are planned with a target release date of Christmas 2014 and 2015. They will shoot both installments back to back and it looks like they will venture beneath the oceans of Pandora as well as it’s Moons.

BBC News - Sigourney Weaver Avatar 2 role confirmed

This will be very cool! we loved Avatar and are looking forward to more!

Hopefully they’ll do something more than what was done with the 2nd Narnia, which was kind of lame and is still going on even after a 3rd movie has been released.

This will be HUGE for Disney, they can either make this more than we can imagine and blow us away or disappoint us. The movie is GREAT and can’t wait to see the other two.

There are several sequels announced, the first is in the late stages of pre production right now.
Nobody is going to be forgetting about Avatar any time soon.

By the way, I’ve seen the movie (we own it) and it just hasn’t grabbed me.
Then again, most movies these days don’t grab me, or so it would seem.
I think the way I measure this is how many times I’ve watched something on cable and how fast I raced out to buy it (in the case of Avatar, I bought it for the wife more than for me).

According to the IMDb Avatar 2 is due 2014 and Avatar 3 2015.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1091151]There are several sequels announced, the first is in the late stages of pre production right now.
Nobody is going to be forgetting about Avatar any time soon.

By the way, I’ve seen the movie (we own it) and it just hasn’t grabbed me.
Then again, most movies these days don’t grab me, or so it would seem.
I think the way I measure this is how many times I’ve watched something on cable and how fast I raced out to buy it (in the case of Avatar, I bought it for the wife more than for me).[/QUOTE]

As a movie I would say “meh” but the possibilities as a ride would be really great. Plus you have the added attraction that a lot of people like the film (or at least paid to see it) as well.

I liked Avatar but it bothered me that JC was making millions ripping off yet another story.

Titanic was a retelling of Romeo and Juliette in a spectacular setting.
Avatar is basically a retelling of Pocahontas, in a spectacular setting.

Hmmm, I’m hoping that I develop more interest in this. My first thought was…meh. I think it has something to do with my opinion, based on I don’t know what, of Mr. Cameron. I’m not sure why, but I don’t have a favorable opinion of him:mellow: I liked the movie fine, this just doesn’t excite me at all:confused:

Finally, the story of Avatar together with the technology of Winnie the Pooh - The ride together in one ride at Disney World.

Just kidding. I hope its at least a 3D Soarin’.

We actually saw it at WDW. It wasn’t appealing to me either. So violent.

Avatar was not my favorite movie…that being said,the thought of attractions and rides from it seem very appealing and will help disney reach out to younger generations and couple that with new technologies I expect that it will be a hit…but disney needs to look within its own vault also for future IDEAS …there are many disney themes that would also I believe do well as themed atractions

While I haven’t seen Avatar, I have to agree about looking in their vault. I would LOOOOVE to see a “Meet the Robinsons” themed anything. In my opinion, that is one of Disney’s best and most underrated movies. I absolutely love that movie!!! It has such a great message. :happy:

I have not seen the movie but I really just wish they would pull from the classic Disney movies and do something with those. I feel that Disney is pulling in non-Disney stuff when they have so much Disney stuff they could use. I wish they would get back to the classics. I have not seen the movie,and I am sure it is good,but I am really wishing they would keep it just Disney,as much as possible. Thats just me.

I’m not sold or excited about this one either.

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1091135]This could be really neat or a big flop. Hopefully Cameron will allow Disney to have creative control. They could make his movie really cool.

Disney, Fox and James Cameron to Bring AVATAR to Life at Disney Parks - Yahoo! Finance[/QUOTE]

Ok, without having read any of the comments below nor have I watched AVATAR, I think it stinks and smacks of desperation on the part of Disney. What a joke. Are they that worried that Harry Potter is taking business away from them or what?

This might be fun in the end, but in no way does this convey “Disney” to me.