Awesome Thanksgiving at WDW!

I didn’t want to have to go into a full blown trip report but I do want to share some highlights of my recent Thanksgiving holiday with Mickey Mouse and the gang.

• My children and I had a perfect flight, now wait at Magical Express, my Garden Grocer order was waiting for me when I checked in and our luggage arrived within 4 hours.

• The weather was spectacular. It was cool, sometimes cold, in the mornings and evenings but during the day it was perfect.

• We had great character meals at 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey. This was the first time I’d ever met Lady Tremaine and the evil stepsisters. I also ordered the mini castle cake for my DD8 at 1900 Park Fare and she absolutely loved it. It was delicious!!

• We had a very good lunch at Tony’s Town Square. We were celebrating my mother’s birthday and were expecting the very good ice cream sundae that they usually bring to the table for such celebrations. We were pleasantly surprised this time that it was actually a small Mickey icon cake decorated in green and red sprinkles and had a hint of peppermint flavor. The waiter told us it was special for the holidays. I highly recommend stopping by for a taste!

• This was our third trip during the YOAMD and our third time to win a dream…Fastpasses at Magic Kingdom!! Boy, was I excited and I think I embarrassed my children with my jumping up and down.

• The best new ride was Toy Story Mania. We also had the opportunity to witness The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at HS, The Candlelight Processional starring John O’Hurley and Holidays Around the World at EPCOT.

• My daughter’s best friend and her mom joined us for the latter part of our trip. They had never been and had a blast. They can’t wait to go again.

It was a fantastic 10 day trip and I cannot wait to go again. I’m glad that I had the opportunity to see all of the parks decorated for the holidays. If I can get my DS14 to help me :blush: I will post some pictures.

Wow! Sounds fabulous . . . post some pics please!! :wub:

Love your mini reprt but would love to hear all the details

Glad you had a great time!!! I remember when we would fly in on Thanksgiving day and stay for at least 10 days and do all the holiday stuff. Might do it again some day, but Oct. and Food & Wine and MNSSHP are awesome! Again, glad you had such a great time!

Congrats on the fastpasses! Sounds like a good trip. We’d love to see those pics. :wink:

WOW sounds like a great time and we all hope to see some pictures
PLEASE

So glad you had such a great trip but would love to see photos if you have time?

So glad you had such a great trip! We were there the same time as you, but we were sick for the first 4 days of our trip. :glare: I have to agree, the weather was GREAT!!! VERY chilly in the mornings and at night, but during the day it was PERFECT!

Didn’t you think the parks were REALLY crowded??? :blink:

How great is that. I am glad you had a wonderful trip.

Are Lady Tremaine and the step sisters at the Park Fare? Yay, that is totally cool. We have an ADR there :biggrin:

Were you there for Thanksgiving day? If you were where did u get turkey and stuff did u even? lol I know weird questions but i always wante dto know. Also were the parks really crowded?

[QUOTE=poohbe66;910397]Were you there for Thanksgiving day? If you were where did u get turkey and stuff did u even? lol I know weird questions but i always wante dto know. Also were the parks really crowded?[/QUOTE]

I was there for Thanksgiving Day, but didn’t venture into the parks. We had a traditional Thanksgiving meal at 'OHANA. Although it was good, I was REALLY disappointed that NOTHING off their regular menu was included…except for the salad, which was AWESOME. I would have scheduled 'Ohana for another night, had I known it would be just turkey, mashed and stuffing that I coulda had ANYWHERE. Even the POP Century Food Court had a Turkey Day dinner for a Counter Service Credit. :laugh:

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;910392]So glad you had such a great trip! We were there the same time as you, but we were sick for the first 4 days of our trip. :glare: I have to agree, the weather was GREAT!!! VERY chilly in the mornings and at night, but during the day it was PERFECT!

Didn’t you think the parks were REALLY crowded??? :blink:[/QUOTE]

OMG! YES! It was soooo crowded…We expected it during Thanksgiving week, but thought it would be empty beginning the Sunday after Thanksgiving…but it wasn’t:blink::pinch:

[QUOTE=poohbe66;910397]Were you there for Thanksgiving day? If you were where did u get turkey and stuff did u even? lol I know weird questions but i always wante dto know. Also were the parks really crowded?[/QUOTE]

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickey. They are all the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and the like as well as many other options. I’m glad to say I didn’t overeat!! The parks were great but starting on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving they got extremely crowded.

[QUOTE=Dopey;910394]How great is that. I am glad you had a wonderful trip.

Are Lady Tremaine and the step sisters at the Park Fare? Yay, that is totally cool. We have an ADR there :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Yes, at 1900 Park Fare. They were new characters for us so that was a lot of fun.