Back from 14 days in WDW...restaurant reviews

I set up 3 catagories regarding the restaurants…

Restaurants we ate at this trip and would do so again next time, restaurants we ate at this time and have no interest in returning to, and restaurants we didn’t get to, but want to next time.

These are the places we ate and would not hesitate to eat at again…

Beaches and Cream…this place is SO us…best burgers in WDW, and awesome sundaes, we actually ate here when there was a fire that closed Yachtsman during our 10th anniversary trip in 2003 and we were starving so we decided to pop in here on the fly, and felt more at home, and have been coming here yearly ever since.

Mama Melrose…good food, fun decor, decent service.

50’s Prime Time…one of our faves every year, not to many places say WDW to us like this one, and the PB & J Milkshakes don’t hurt!

The Wave…as high end as DW and I go…I could’ve made a meal out of their chili appetizer and been very, very happy.

Via Napoli…so glad this is here, Italy needed a place like this…very fun and good food…lively place.

Wolfgang Puck Express…a perfect first night of the trip place…a nice boat ride down the Sassagoula from POFQ and tasty pizzas

Crystal Plaza…we do this every year for our anniversary celebration breakfast, this was the only true sit down breakfast we had on this trip…buffet style grub takes care of breakfast and lunch! Best way to see the characters, IMHO as opposed to doing the line thing.

Plaza Restaurant…good sandwiches for lunch.

POFQ food court…we ate here more than any other place and found the food perfectly acceptable, nothing great, but it is, after all, a food court.

Places we won’t go back to…

LeCellier…it was ok, it just wasn’t worth all the fuss of trying to score a priority seating…ho-hum staff, lunch burgers no better than B & C…and astronomical prices for dinner

Worst service we ever had on this trip was Columbia Harbor House…just awful…they seemed unprepared for a dinner crowd…lots of running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Places we’d like to try next time…

La Hacienda

Perhaps we’d give the Sci-Fi drive in another go as well.

As you can probably gather, we’re not high-end dining types, although we do enjoy Artist Point every couple of years.

'Ohana will also be on the docket next time.

This is about as trip reportish as I get, sorry.

IMHO it was a great report. I like the conciseness and it gave us some great tips for our upcoming trip. Thanks

I must say, I liked your trip report/restaurant review very much. Short and to the point. How about pictures, are there any for us to see?

what burgers ???..do you not know they are not in fashion right now,just kidding sounds like you had a great time and about NAPOLI we like it so much ,this last trip we went twice…besides the food a great atmosphere…good report also

I’ll add some pics in the coming days, definitely.

Great TR! We love Primetime Cafe too!!! YUMMY!!