Back From My 1st Disneyland Visit!

Yesterday I got the chance to experience Disneyland for the 1st time and “WOW”!
While I was in the park, it was a lot of fun, but the magic of it all didn’t really sink in until I started thinking about it today and looking back at pictures.

We actually got free tickets to the park by participating in the “Give A Day, Get A Day” program back in February. At the ticket booth, they gave my friend and I these buttons that we wore all day. Whenever a cast member, character, or even a regular guest, saw our buttons, we would get complimented. I thought that was pretty cool.

The park wasn’t super crowded, which was a plus. The cast members said we came on a really good week. Apparently, spring break ended last week, so the crowds slowed down dramatically. There were still very long lines for Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, & Peter Pan (…and after riding Peter Pan I didn’t understand why it was swamped ALL DAY…just my opinion…), BUT we barely waited in ANY lines all day!
I used this AMAZING program called RideMax and it helped me ride every. single. ride.
…at least every ride/attraction I wanted to do…which were a whopping 22.
The ONLY lines that I waited in the entire day were the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and Peter Pan. No lie. It was awesome looking at all the other poor people waiting in long lines. lol!

We had lunch at Blue Bayou in the afternoon (waterside seats :happy:).

The fireworks were AMAZING! We had a view right on Main Street in the hub. The way the fireworks were synced with the lights and music was absolutely jaw dropping.

After the fireworks, I had 2 more rides to experience to complete my goal. My friend was pooped so he went back to the hotel while I stayed and played in the park until closing :goofybounce:

Next time I go back, I will be giving California Adventure a shot. I felt like it would’ve been a waste this trip considering all the changes going on over there…

Now I’m preparing a trip to Walt Disney World next summer. I haven’t been in about 10 years…

**And thanks to anaheimboy for giving me some great Disneyland sites. That really helped make my day great :slight_smile:

Congrats on the trip, more pictures please:mickey:

Sounds like you had a great time!! Glad you experience the magic of Walt’s original park:happy:

It sounds like you had a magical day!! Hope you post more pictures! I could use a DL fix!!!

I’m still in Cali, but as soon as I get home, I’ll upload some more pics :slight_smile:

Awesome! I knew you would have a great time! Im happy you got to experience the Joy and Pure Magic of Walt’s Personal and Original park and Im really happy you got good seats at the Blue Bayou (waterside are awesome) and Im happy you loved the fireworks, some of the best in any Disney park! And Peter Pan and Nemo ALWAYS have long lines, even on the most dead days. Peter Pan always has long lines because its one of the most low-guest capacity per hour attractions and one of the most popular with kids and Nemo, because it’s another low-guest capacity per hour attraction. I can’t wait until you go back and experience DCA, it will be even better when you go because it will be done or close to being done! Share some pics sometime if you can!

Awesome job on getting that free ticket! It’s volunteers like you & “Uncle Walt” that make dreams come true!

My family & I will be there for the 1st time in June. I’ll be looking into that RideMax you wrote about. :goofybounce:

[QUOTE=LENA;1029249]Awesome job on getting that free ticket! It’s volunteers like you & “Uncle Walt” that make dreams come true!

My family & I will be there for the 1st time in June. I’ll be looking into that RideMax you wrote about. :goofybounce:[/QUOTE]

Yes! It felt great to volunteer and the reward for doing so was really awesome!

DEFINITELY look into Ridemax! GREAT TOOL!
BUT I must admit that it may not be for everyone. You HAVE to stay very close to the schedule. Some people just like to browse and enjoy the park which is absolutely great to do, you’ll still have LOTS of fun and make great memories, but I’m a total ride junkie so riding everything was important to me.

I hope your trip is FANTASTIC. I can’t wait for you to tell us about it after you come back :slight_smile:

Thanks for explaining The Peter Pan line cause I was floored at how long that line stayed ALL DAY. Same with Nemo.

I can’t wait until I go back and experience DCA when it’s done too!! Really excited about that :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=BigKidBen;1029266]Thanks for explaining The Peter Pan line cause I was floored at how long that line stayed ALL DAY. Same with Nemo.

I can’t wait until I go back and experience DCA when it’s done too!! Really excited about that :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, you will love DCA, check out MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney… every Monday and Friday, they have bi-weekly DLR pictorial updates/editorials if you’re ever interested (and they feature other articles throughout the week too).

Hey guys!
Here is a slide show I put together for those of you who wanted to see pics from my Disneyland trip: Disneyland 2010 by Benjamin
Better late than never :happy:

[QUOTE=BigKidBen;1029626]Hey guys!
Here is a slide show I put together for those of you who wanted to see pics from my Disneyland trip: Disneyland 2010 by Benjamin
Better late than never :happy:[/QUOTE]

Great pictures!!

Hey Happy Camper … great photos!!!

The pictures were great! Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like a wonderful first experience…means you are going to go back and get sucked in like the rest of us.:laugh:

Thanks for sharing the picture slideshow, great pics!