Bamboozeled DVC Style

I’m on the phone with a DVC rep yesterday attempting to book a BLT room with a MK view for my trip in Sept. I already have a room at AKV just in case, but we will be there seven days so I kind of wanted to split the time between two resorts.

She informs me there is a one bedroom available, and all she has to do is get some extra points to cover. While she’s making the change, someone else gets the room! It’s nobody’s fault, it just really bummed me out.

They have lots of lake view rooms, so I might just get one of those. I might also look at another resort to split time with. Maybe BWV.

We had a lake veiw and it was fantastic! We watched illuminations, could see spaceship earth, tree of life, everest, hs. It was soooo nice!

I’ve seen some pictures of lake views that have a nice view of MK. I know it’s just luck to get one but maybe you’ll get lucky. What if you booked the lake view and waitlisted a MK view?

Sounds good to me. I don’t think it’s really a good or bad view situation, it’s just different.

If you ge tthe lakeview room, you can always go to the DVC lounge and watch fireworks every night, if you can’t see them from your room!

I still don’t understand how she could be working on booking your one bedroom, and then it disappear. I thought they lock it in somehow during the time of processing. I agree with the waitlisting. You never know when a cancellation is going to happen.

Also, we are doing the same thing as you, split staying our trip, 2 days MK view BLT and the rest at AKV. I think everyone is testing the waters to give BLT a try. Good luck with your waitlist!

I have actually had that happen when booking through CRO a couple of times. It would be good if they did make it if a CM is marking the reservation that it locks the room.

I do think you should go with the lake view and waitlist for MK view though

Some of the lake view actually have limited MK view. We had friends staying in a lake view studio and the view was almost as good as out MK view.

DW was worried about not seeing the fireworks, so this info will put her at ease. Thanks!

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1015530]I still don’t understand how she could be working on booking your one bedroom, and then it disappear. I thought they lock it in somehow during the time of processing. I agree with the waitlisting. You never know when a cancellation is going to happen.

Also, we are doing the same thing as you, split staying our trip, 2 days MK view BLT and the rest at AKV. I think everyone is testing the waters to give BLT a try. Good luck with your waitlist![/QUOTE]

We’ve only stayed at SSR, so we could really go to any of the resorts. I told my DW that we could go there for years and never stay at the same place twice. That’s one thing I really like about DVC; there are lots of options.

[QUOTE=KingOMiami;1015535]I have actually had that happen when booking through CRO a couple of times. It would be good if they did make it if a CM is marking the reservation that it locks the room.

I do think you should go with the lake view and waitlist for MK view though[/QUOTE]

It was very disappointing for it to be there and then be gone. I agree, if an inquiry is made by a CM, it should be locked for a set period of time (10 minutes, maybe) while they do their thing.

If you look at the reviews of tripadvisor, it doesn’t take long to realize people really like the lake view. Someone said “why would you want to see the parking lot?”. My DD really wants to see that castle, though, so we’ll stay on the waitlist and see what happens.

we watched wishes from the hallway. it was great~! and there is the dvc lounge. my only suggestion is put in a room request for the highest floor possible. we were on the 12th floor and the view was so amazing but i can’t imagine it being as great a few floors down.

You are most welcome! Check out Wishuponastar’s most recent trip report. She has photos of the amazing lounge area just for DVCers and it looks awesome. Pics of BLT and th elounge start with post #59!

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/53344-wishy-s-most-magical-fantastic-stupendous-best-disney-trip-like-ever-tr-4.html

Yeah, I have to tell ya, I think we’ll be staying Lake View from now on. We had a MK view room this past December on a nice high floor with an excellent view BUT at night we always wanted to go up to the lounge & chill, just for atmosphere. We never really sat on our balcony and stared at the MK, I did a couple times to take pictures but that’s it. The public areas of BLT are so beautiful (rooftop lounge & observation deck) that I’d be PERFECTLY satisfied having a different view. Plus, the lake view is pretty awesome; in a lot of instances you’d see the whole pool area or even the Contemporary boat dock area, a nice calm lake, if you’re high up you may even see a lot of other cool structures on WDW property.

I was thinking about that…if you were on the 3rd floor, I don’t think it would matter which side you were on.

I’m beginning to think that the lake view maybe the better of the two. I know that DVC Mike said his wife really loved the MK view, though. In the end, it’s a five star Disney property so I can’t imagine being disappointed in either one.

Exactly, you are going to have a great stay no matter what view you have. Who knows, you may try all the views before you’re done.