Basin bath bombs?

They seem so simple, like there’s nothing to them but my son has tried tried to use my Basin Bath Bombs a couple of different times and has had some type of reaction to them every time. He says they burn his skin, the first time it happened he was practically screaming saying it felt like his skin was on fire. I thought it might be a dye in the first one so months later he tried a white one that I thought might not have as much dye in it but the same thing happened.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Huh…does he typically have sensitive skin? Dave bought a few and used them over the last year and loves them. I’ve never used them so I can’t speak from experience.

Soap has never bothered him, we change things up all the time and he’s never reacted to any shower gel. I just thought it was strange to react to something that seemed so simple.

Nate loves the bombs. I have some left that he wants to use but after reacting twice I really don’t want him to use them. I’m really sure he used a couple of them with no issues but listening to him cry isn’t worth it.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;973109]Soap has never bothered him, we change things up all the time and he’s never reacted to any shower gel. I just thought it was strange to react to something that seemed so simple.

Nate loves the bombs. I have some left that he wants to use but after reacting twice I really don’t want him to use them. I’m really sure he used a couple of them with no issues but listening to him cry isn’t worth it.[/QUOTE]

Poor Nate! I wouldn’t let him use them either. I wonder if he got a bad batch or something?

Wow! Maybe start off in the sink, and just put his hand in the water, if that’s OK move it to the bath?

I don’t know what to think. The first one was really red, the tub was full of really red water, it just didn’t look good at all. I brushed that one off to lots of red dye but the second time didn’t seem to have any dye in it, it was white.

We tried something like that the second time but I guess we didn’t take it slow enough because he started screaming once he got his whole body in the tub. One foot/ankle seemed fine but once he got in it was too much.

Did you google to see if anyone else experienced this issue with the bombs?

Good idea! :blush:

That is so freaky. I’ve used those bombs a few times but never had any type of reaction. (The ones I used were white and/or pale blue though, so no red.)

I do know that dyes/scents can definitely have a big effect on kids though! When I ran out of kids’ bubble bath for Alice once, I used some B&BW stuff I had…she was BRILLIANT PINK by the time she came out, because she’d been scratching herself to death! I don’t know why, but she can’t use the Cherry Blossom scented stuff…but she uses the B&BW Fresh Vanilla all the time. It’s strange.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;973126]That is so freaky. I’ve used those bombs a few times but never had any type of reaction. (The ones I used were white and/or pale blue though, so no red.)

I do know that dyes can definitely have a big effect on kids though! When I ran out of kids’ bubble bath for Alice once, I used some B&BW stuff I had…she was BRILLIANT PINK by the time she came out, because she’d been scratching herself to death! I don’t know why, but she can’t use the Cherry Blossom scented stuff…but she uses the B&BW Fresh Vanilla all the time. It’s strange.[/QUOTE]

I’m also thinking it’s the dye. He’s always used different bath products-- bubbles, soap, shower gel… He uses my stuff if he’s out of his so he’s tried a variety of different soaps over the years and hasn’t reacted.

After coming across some of his bath bombs today I thought I would see if anyone else had reacted to them.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;973128]I’m also thinking it’s the dye. He’s always used different bath products-- bubbles, soap, shower gel… He uses my stuff if he’s out of his so he’s tried a variety of different soaps over the years and hasn’t reacted.

After coming across some of his bath bombs today I thought I would see if anyone else had reacted to them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it’s something about red dye in particular? Because Alice can’t use any of the stuff that’s bright pink, now that I think of it, but she’s used everything from yellow to blue and back again. Maybe red dye is particularly potent! Who knows.

Well, the water was really red, too red. :laugh:

Perhaps it is something in the dye he has a reaction to. I love the bath bombs and never had any trouble.

Somehow I’m not sure I’d want to be bathing in that much RED. :laugh: It seems a little unnatural…

It was just too red for my taste, it didn’t look right for bath water.

The DW loves this place, She gets bath minerals and gets the soaps with the pictures in them… Beach with sunset (smells like coconut) They fall apart easy though. As far as having a reaction to the bombs, I have felt skin irritation when she brought back a oval shaped soap that to me looked liked a big lemon drop …really that’s what it looked like and I tried it in the shower. I wound up using the picture soap and thinking I’m going to smell like a Big ol’ Coconut!

:laugh: A big ol’ coconut? :laugh: I bough my husband the fishermans lucky soap once and he refused to use it thinking it wouldnt bring him luck:laugh: I wish they had a pina coloda one:happy:

Wondering if it’s the stuff that makes it fizzy that he’s reacting to? From what I can tell, it’s baking soda and citric acid that give the fizziness. Could he have a sensitivity to citrus?

And so much red dye that the water looks wrong? :nonono2:

[QUOTE=Cynsayshi;973432]Wondering if it’s the stuff that makes it fizzy that he’s reacting to? From what I can tell, it’s baking soda and citric acid that give the fizziness. Could he have a sensitivity to citrus?

And so much red dye that the water looks wrong? :nonono2:[/QUOTE]

It may be that, it’s so hard to tell. At least this is something we can easily avoid and it’s not a big deal.