Bay Lake Tower questions

We’ll be staying at Bay Lake Tower in February with friends who are new DVC members. Have heard internet service ($10/day) is free to DVC members???
Also, with a suite with a kitchen do you still only get housekeeping every third day or something like that? …or do they come in to tidy the kitchen, etc? (not that we’ll be cooking…are on the dining plan).

[QUOTE=hillfamily4;1013975]We’ll be staying at Bay Lake Tower in February with friends who are new DVC members. Have heard internet service ($10/day) is free to DVC members???
Also, with a suite with a kitchen do you still only get housekeeping every third day or something like that? …or do they come in to tidy the kitchen, etc? (not that we’ll be cooking…are on the dining plan).[/QUOTE]

DVc members do get the internet free in their rooms. You said your friend is a DVC member, are you staying in the same room with them or do you have your own “cash booked” room. If you are staying in the same room, yes, they’ll have the internet connection for free.

When you are staying on DVC points you DO NOT get housekeeping everyday, you are able to pay for additional housekeeping services if you wish, but otherwise they only come every 3rd (or maybe it’s 4th) day of your trip.

I think trash and towel day is day 4 and a full cleaning is your 8th day but I’m not 100% sure.

We were there for 11 days this month - and we didn’t get a full-cleaning at all - in fact, we only got one trash and towel day. I didn’t bother about calling Housekeeping - actually, I didn’t realize it until we had left - but thinking about it now…HEY!!:angry:

Welcome to MB hillfamily4.:happy:

have fun you will LOVE it!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

As long as you are staying using dvc points you will get free internet!

Great thank you…we are staying in a 2 bedroom which is booked with DVC points…good to know about the internet.
Does anyone know if we should request a certain area of the resort…I have read that the upper floors obviously give you the better view. We are booked into “lake view”…which i am reading most people are prefering over the more pricey MK view which also gives you a great shot of the parking lot. I would love to be able to see epcot/illuminations from the room…any chance of that? I think if we want to see Wishes from the hotel we would just opt for the lounge at the top.

[QUOTE=hillfamily4;1014026]Great thank you…we are staying in a 2 bedroom which is booked with DVC points…good to know about the internet.
Does anyone know if we should request a certain area of the resort…I have read that the upper floors obviously give you the better view. We are booked into “lake view”…which i am reading most people are prefering over the more pricey MK view which also gives you a great shot of the parking lot. I would love to be able to see epcot/illuminations from the room…any chance of that? I think if we want to see Wishes from the hotel we would just opt for the lounge at the top.[/QUOTE]

We stayed at BLT this past December and were on floor 11, which seemed like a great height above everything for good views. I was in a MK view though, not a Lake View. It never hurts to put a request on your reservation, even though they can’t guarantee it, I’d place a request for a “high floor.” We had that request on our reservation and I was definately happy with our bird’s eye view.

I have to say that I watched Wishes from my jacuzzi bath tub last month at BLT and I’m still smiling!! You quickly overlook the parking lot once you see the Castle and Space Mountain. Yes, an upper floor is a better view in my opinion.

Can’t answer about Epcot for sure, though looking at a map, depending upon where in the “circle” you are, you could see Illuminations. I would request an upper floor. Enjoy!

[QUOTE=hillfamily4;1014026]Great thank you…we are staying in a 2 bedroom which is booked with DVC points…good to know about the internet.
Does anyone know if we should request a certain area of the resort…I have read that the upper floors obviously give you the better view. We are booked into “lake view”…which i am reading most people are prefering over the more pricey MK view which also gives you a great shot of the parking lot. I would love to be able to see epcot/illuminations from the room…any chance of that? I think if we want to see Wishes from the hotel we would just opt for the lounge at the top.[/QUOTE]

We had a lake view studio with a bonus theme park view. There are a few rooms that have a straight view of the lake, but if you get up next to the railing, you can easily look over and view MK. We were able to watch fireworks from our room.

I posted my BLT pictures on the DISboards BLT photo thread, and someone PMed me asking what the room was categorized as. She was planning on purchasing a lake view and requesting that room (I’m sure the rooms above and below have about the same view). We were in room 8206.

Ugg, I’m trying to attach some photos, but it’s not working… here’s a link to some photos of our studio and the view. Victoria on Vacation: Day 1 - BLT Studio