Bay Lake Tower Questions

Hi!
I’m new here and also a new DVC member. We’re staying at Bay Lake Tower for the first time in September.

Have any of you hired extra housekeeping or towel/trash days? Do you know how I can get more information about this?

Anything special I need to know? I’m so excited, but not sure what to expect! We’re staying in a 2 bedroom suite, theme park view.

Thanks for any info!
Margo

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to Mousebuzz.

I think these prices are current:

Housekeeping

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you’re using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
Provide fresh bathroom linens.
Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you’re using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Full Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

Change the bed linens.
Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
Clean the bathroom(s).
Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Pay As You Play
All accommodations offer daily housekeeping service with a 24-hour notice and an additional fee.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you’ll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Note: Rates are subject to change

Welcome to Mousebuzz. Come often as you like, it’s the friendliest and most informative community around.

Welcome Home and Welcome to Mousebuzz!

<— I’m one of those names on the fountain at BLT. And we love it.

I never pay for the extra mousekeeping. To me it’s just not worth the extra $$$. It’s home away from home and nobody makes my bed for me and puts in fresh towels at home everyday, so it’s no big deal.

If you get a little trashy, there are places on each floor to dump your trash but it’s never really been an issue either.

Richard

Welcome Home and Welcome to Mousebuzz.

We’ve been members since 2007, and I’ve never gotten extra mousekeeping either. Before I leave for the parks I sort of pull the covers and sheets into place. You’ll have a washer and dryer in the unit. Just toss those wet towels in the wash before leaving for the parks, and when you return home just throw them in the dryer. (each bathroom usually has 4 bath towels) I never use the kitchen so I don’t need anyone to clean there, but it does have a dishwasher. We once stayed at Kadani and for some reason they gave us mousekeeping everyday, it was nice, but unneeded for my family. But whatever makes your vacation more enjoyable for you do it. But honestly, you probably won’t even miss it.

Welcome to MB and Welcome Home! (You’re going to love hearing that!) I swear - sometimes it brings tears to my eyes!

Like others, we don’t bother with additional mousekeeping. Everyone is asked to help out by putting their dishes in the dishwasher and throwing dirty laundry into the washer. Personally, I really don’t mind cleaning up a little in the evenings. Call me weird, but I like the idea of “straightening” my little WDW home. However, everyone is different. It’s your vacation so do what’s best for you.

[QUOTE=llama;1115358]Welcome to MB and Welcome Home! (You’re going to love hearing that!) I swear - sometimes it brings tears to my eyes!

Like others, we don’t bother with additional mousekeeping. Everyone is asked to help out by putting their dishes in the dishwasher and throwing dirty laundry into the washer. Personally, I really don’t mind cleaning up a little in the evenings. Call me weird, but I like the idea of “straightening” my little WDW home. However, everyone is different. It’s your vacation so do what’s best for you.[/QUOTE]

Same with us, everyone chips in and helps out a little. Everyone has a place for their little stuff and we have a place for everything else so the room is always neat. I make our beds even in a regular hotel room because I’m weird like that. Other than missing the clean towels every day I don’t miss daily housekeeping at all, in fact I like knowing no one is going to be in our room while we’re out.

I actually like not having housekeeping coming every day. We can take naps when we please without worrying when someone is going to walk in. I know, I can put out the do not disturb sign, but there is something about not having that hanging over your head that they are waiting on you to complete their job.

As for towels, just throw them in the wash when you are getting low. We’ve had a couple times happen to us where there were less towels in the bathroom than the number of people staying there. So, a call to housekeeping requesting more fixes it. They usually bring another stack instead of just the one that was missing, so I tend to believe they are probably a little lax in keeping track of actually how many towels you have.

Really good point, Beth.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1115368]I actually like not having housekeeping coming every day. We can take naps when we please without worrying when someone is going to walk in. I know, I can put out the do not disturb sign, but there is something about not having that hanging over your head that they are waiting on you to complete their job.
[/QUOTE]

We feel the same way.

As far as towels, you’ll have plenty and the washer/dryer like everyone said.

Last trip we stayed in a one bedroom at BCV (only one bathroom) with DH, DD and 2 DGDs. I knew I would run out of towels even with washing, so I brought my terrycloth bathrobe. Surprisingly, I was able to squish it into a 2 gallon ziplock bag.

I have no answer for you, but welcome to MouseBuzz. People come here for the information. They stay for the insanity of this place.