Bay Lake Tower Rental

looking to rent at Bay Lake Tower for June 3-7 2012 for a 1 or 2 bedroom.

We just got back the 25th of June. If you have been to Disney and stayed at the resorts, I wouldn’t do it. We loved the resort, but honestly BLT to us is not great Disney. WL villas are a better choice.

Sorry if you don’t want the opinion, I just had to let you know. It was fantastic if you want a hotel, but for us, there are many other better options. We had a great time, but there was nothing special about it and we even had the 16th floor.

Totally disagree. We own at BLT and love it. The views from the rooms are fantastic. Plus, if you have access, the bar at the roof is awesome. It’s not my favorite place (the Poly), but it’s amazing.

I am not disagreeing on whether it is fantastic. Plus you are right, the views are amazing no matter which side you are on. Just saying I would have to compare the points/money between maybe WL Villas and BLT. BLT was awesome for a trip, but wasn’t our favorite. That is all.

And I agree with you, the Poly is amazing! That is my favorite too. WL is second, with BLT being my 3rd or 4th in my top 10.

I heard they were letting you use your points now for the other non DVC resorts now, but the points breakdown I saw was horrible. Have you checked that out CMRNCRAZ15?

Yeah, the policy is limited to reorts that don’t have DVC units. But the point cost per night is really high. If you consider just the annual dues cost per point, it works out to a discount off the rack rate, but there are often better deals with AP discounts etc. PLUS there is a $95 reservation fee that they add on top which can make a short stay MORE expensive than rack rate!

I really like WL as well. I think it’s really underrated, along with Saratoga. I’d like to stay in the Treehouse Villa sometime, just to see.

Everyone has different tastes. Personally, as our family has gotten older, we prefer the less “Disney” resorts, so we absolutely fell in love with BLT. I love contemporary design and they are so beautifully decorated. When our kids were smaller we were drawn to the more “fun” resorts, but now I prefer a luxury resort feel. That is what is so nice about Disney - something for everyone.

Lllllllaaaaammmmmaaa!!! NOOOOOO!!? Less Disney? Wh-what?

Just teasing. Makes sense. My wife and I are total geeks and want MORE Disney, but more of the vein of the Poly or WL. We love the “Pirate” rooms and that like, but that is too Disney. We like moderate Disney at best.

Makes sense. I just can’t fall in love with BLT. Maybe if I tried it again and had a park view. I am sure I would love that.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1083543]Lllllllaaaaammmmmaaa!!! NOOOOOO!!? Less Disney? Wh-what?

Just teasing. Makes sense. My wife and I are total geeks and want MORE Disney, but more of the vein of the Poly or WL. We love the “Pirate” rooms and that like, but that is too Disney. We like moderate Disney at best.

Makes sense. I just can’t fall in love with BLT. Maybe if I tried it again and had a park view. I am sure I would love that.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know, I should be beaten out of MB with an out-of-date mug.:laugh:

When the girls were small it was like I hated even going to sleep and missing one magic moment; but times change. Not “less Disney”, just Disney in a different way.

Mouseowners.com has active points listings if you haven’t found anything yet.

I can’t say we fell in love with BLT but we enjoyed our stay there. We had a MK view on the 11th floor and that made everything perfect. Falling asleep watching the castle change colors is nothing short of pure magic. It did feel a little hotel-ish but that’s ok, not every resort is made to be cozy. That said, Beach Club is still our favorite resort and Wilderness Lodge is second but I would stay at BLT again in a second.

I loved BLT !!! Keep trying if that is what you want!

If you do get BLT, try to get the 16th floor. Besides the annoyance of using your key to get on the floor, it has fantastic views. Put in a special request, at least you can enjoy the lounge and fireworks viewing area.