Bay Lake Towers is taking reservations for non DVC members?

Hmmmmm, I thought this was interesting!

While the girls and I were in Disney this weekend, we were discussing the trip we took last Christmas week. Sooooo, as I always do when I return, (come on you know you do it too!:blush:) I decided to punch in the dates to see the costs were.

I was SHOCKED to see this come up:

[B]Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort[/B]
Rooms from $375 to $2,430 per night**

Disney Deluxe Villa Resort

The brand new Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Florida is a beautiful complement to the original Resort building. Bay Lake Tower, near Magic Kingdom Theme Park, promises to deliver some of the most dramatic views of Walt Disney World Resort.

A MK View Studio for the week before Xmas would cost me $4219.98!!

(Now if I could just win the lottery! :pinch:)

IS THIS NORMAL for it to be offered to the general public?

Fantastic opportunity for a none DVC member, but if I was a member, I’d be annoyed if I couldn’t get in the week because it was given to the general public!?!?!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;942107]Hmmmmm, I thought this was interesting!

While the girls and I were in Disney this weekend, we were discussing the trip we took last Christmas week. Sooooo, as I always do when I return, (come on you know you do it too!:blush:) I decided to punch in the dates to see the costs were.

I was SHOCKED to see this come up:

Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Rooms from $375 to $2,430 per night**

Disney Deluxe Villa Resort

The brand new Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Florida is a beautiful complement to the original Resort building. Bay Lake Tower, near Magic Kingdom Theme Park, promises to deliver some of the most dramatic views of Walt Disney World Resort.

A MK View Studio for the week before Xmas would cost me $4219.98!!

(Now if I could just win the lottery! :pinch:)

IS THIS NORMAL for it to be offered to the general public?

Fantastic opportunity for a none DVC member, but if I was a member, I’d be annoyed if I couldn’t get in the week because it was given to the general public!?!?![/QUOTE]

I think the rooms are offered to the General Public because all units are not sold yet. Unsold DVC inventory will then go into the Central Reservations Inventory Pool.

Yeah, there are always a small percentage of DVC Villa rooms available for “cash reservations.” You can also call & book a room at SSR, etc…

I see . . . interesting! (now help me come up with a way to afford it! :wink:)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! :flowers:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;942128]I see . . . interesting! (now help me come up with a way to afford it! :wink:)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! :flowers:[/QUOTE]

RENT points. DVC Members that don’t own BLT can book at the 7 month window. BLT members can book 11 month window but most of us have used our 2009 points and I’ve even borrowed some of the 2010 already. :noo:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;942128]I see . . . interesting! (now help me come up with a way to afford it! :wink:)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese! :flowers:[/QUOTE]

I have Christmas week (5 nights, 12/22-12/27) already booked in a MK View Room that I will be renting! :mickey:

OooOoO mickeysgirlz; I think you should rent those dates from iluvwdw! Those are AWESOME days to have in a MK view!

I would love too, but I need 12/17 - 12/24

Why not cancel and use those points.

We’re not going this year…and DH only agreed to buy it if I agreed to rent the points for 2009 and 2010. However, I am convincing him to use a little more than half of our points for President’s Week next year. :laugh:

I’ve seen all of the DVC resorts on other booking sites (Disney website, expedia, travelocity, etc.) at some time or another. It does seem a little early for them to be advertising BLT, though. But DVC members did have first dibs.

As for price, it is much more affordable to book the resort through DVC or by renting points.

We got SSR last year as non-DVC members through our travel agent but its not dissapeared from booking! I wonder if that might happen with BLT?

All the resorts will be listed, but that doesn’t mean that there is a lot of availability.

DVC units are owned by the members. CRO can only rent DVC that has been traded or unsold (includes a very small number of spare units for maint.)