BBQ in the parks?

I have a relative going to DisneyWorld in August. She is looking for a place to eat BBQ. I just looked up and the dates she is going (mid August) the Flame Tree BBQ in AK is closed for renovations.

Any other CS or table service to go to in the parks?

I see that the Boardwalk has the Big River Grille and Brewing Works but I am not sure if my relative wants to go outside the parks as she has three kids and only will be there a short time (5 days) so she may want to stay in the parks to maximize their time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Pecos Bill’s in MK has a pulled pork sandwich. In DHS I believe there is one in Backlot Express.

How about th Raintree Forest Resturant. Allears.com has complete menus for all the spots in the world.

I was about to post something else and then a light bulb snapped on:
Cosmic Ray’s in the Magic Kingdom has chicken and ribs, plus it’s air conditioned, which Flame Tree isn’t.
We’re talking big meaty spare ribs, not the over done baby backs I’ve had at every Rainforest I’ve ever tried.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1042096]I was about to post something else and then a light bulb snapped on:
Cosmic Ray’s in the Magic Kingdom has chicken and ribs, plus it’s air conditioned, which Flame Tree isn’t.
We’re talking big meaty spare ribs, not the over done baby backs I’ve had at every Rainforest I’ve ever tried.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn’t want to suggest a place they could go to at home so Rainforest, although cool, is not a special restaurant. I will however suggest Cosmic Rays.

I went to Allears and they have a search function but BBQ is not a searchable field so it would be pretty labor intensive to read every menu. I figured I would come here and use the expertise of this site to help. :biggrin:

Maybe this is 'cause I’m from the south and we have good BBQ where I live and even better a couple states away, but I’m not a big fan of Disney BBQ. I’m not saying this to be Negative Nancy, but just as a thought that you might want to tell your relative that some of the other cuisine choices at Disney are much better than the BBQ. I’m all for good BBQ wherever it’s available, but average BBQ is just blah to me.

Actually, I haven’t tried this so I can’t say whether it’s good, but Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge has a good variety of BBQ.

From allears:
Canyon Skillet
All You Care To Enjoy $26.99 per person

Smoked Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Oven-roasted Chicken, Beef Brisket, Mashed Potatoes, Cowboy Beans, and Corn on the Cob Mixed Greens Salad with Apple Vinaigrette, Coleslaw, and Fresh-baked Cornbread

Good luck!

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;1042106]Actually, I haven’t tried this so I can’t say whether it’s good, but Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge has a good variety of BBQ.

From allears:
Canyon Skillet
All You Care To Enjoy $26.99 per person

Smoked Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Oven-roasted Chicken, Beef Brisket, Mashed Potatoes, Cowboy Beans, and Corn on the Cob Mixed Greens Salad with Apple Vinaigrette, Coleslaw, and Fresh-baked Cornbread

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks, not sure if they want to go to another resort. They have limited time and young kids so they may want to stay in the Parks to eat all their meals.

I think I have to agree.
Yes, Flame Tree is OK and Cosmic Ray’s is OK, but there are much better ribs to be had outside the confines of WDW.
However, you take what you can get.
Speaking of, House of Blues has reasonable ribs, but we’re talking a dinner entree at a sit down and not an in park quick serve.