BCV Laundry room?

Can someone tell me about the laundry room by the pool @ BCV?
I will be staying in a studio so no washer/dryer in room.
But the laundry room, is there a fee?? and where exactly is it? so many pools there! lol

I was thinking of buying those all in one sheets that Purex I think is selling now.
Anyone use those yet? THought they would be PERFECT for travel!!

Disney Teacher reported on using them and I think she said it’s ok for vacation laundry :smile:

I brought the Purex All-in-1 sheets will us in June and really liked them. I don’t know exactly where the laundry room is at BCV but if it is like every single other DVC resort it’s a small room, usually with a TV, about 5-6 washers, and about 10 dryers. There is no charge.

Thanks Dopey and Wish!!! :happy:

The laundry room isn’t marked on the resort map, it’s on the 4th floor. The last time we used it there were two washing machines and maybe 6 dryers. They are free for members. I’m guessing that also goes for people renting points since I don’t think the machines take money.

Only 2 washers?!?! WHA’?

Yep, only two last time we were there. One was a front loading machine and the other one was a typical machine. It’s not usually busy because only the studios would need to use the laundry room.

Yep. Only 2 washers. I only had to wait once last trip when I did some laundry for someone to come back to switch their clothes. It really wasn’t ever busy. Of course I did laundry on non park days while everyone else was at the parks.

There is no fees for the laundry rooms at the DVC places. I have stayed at a studio at both OKW and SSR nad have used the laundries both times…no issues.

Thanks Steph!

Is that the 4th floor of the DVC building?
From what u can remember does the rooms have hair dryers? Iam sure they do but I gotta ask! lol
I know I had another question I thought of but cant remember at the moment!
I remember the walk being far from the parking lot.
When we get there, should we drag all our luggage into the lobby to get to our room? I dont think we would be moving our car like you would at another resort.

Thank you!!!

[QUOTE=Val32;997519]Thanks Steph!

Is that the 4th floor of the DVC building?
From what u can remember does the rooms have hair dryers? Iam sure they do but I gotta ask! lol
I know I had another question I thought of but cant remember at the moment!
I remember the walk being far from the parking lot.
When we get there, should we drag all our luggage into the lobby to get to our room? I dont think we would be moving our car like you would at another resort.

Thank you!!![/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s on the 4th floor of the DVC building. The rooms all should have a hair dryer.

If you park at the far side of the parking lot by the DVC building there’s a door and a single elevator at the very end of the building. When we’ve had our car we’ve parked, checked in, then moved the car to the lot near the DVC building and carried our own luggage up. It’s a short walk if you’re on that end of the building. If your room is near the main elevators then you’re better off going in the front door. Of course, you won’t know your room number until after you’ve checked in so I don’t know how helpful this is. You could always pull up and tell the guys that you don’t want your luggage unloaded until after you’ve checked in and know where your room is.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;997524]Yes, it’s on the 4th floor of the DVC building. The rooms all should have a hair dryer.

If you park at the far side of the parking lot by the DVC building there’s a door and a single elevator at the very end of the building. When we’ve had our car we’ve parked, checked in, then moved the car to the lot near the DVC building and carried our own luggage up. It’s a short walk if you’re on that end of the building. If your room is near the main elevators then you’re better off going in the front door. Of course, you won’t know your room number until after you’ve checked in so I don’t know how helpful this is. You could always pull up and tell the guys that you don’t want your luggage unloaded until after you’ve checked in and know where your room is.[/QUOTE]

No that was helpful!!! THank you!

There is one walk up for CS there, correct? And everything else is Table Service?
Do they have regular food court food for breakfast for kids? Eggs, oatmeal, cereal, waffles? My child is picky which I know you can relate!

Another Question, if you dont mind :blush:, If you do walk up for Beaches n Cream, is that considered a CS or TS meal?

Iam sorry to bombard you, but I know you stay there alot and I keep thinking of questions! :blush:

There is no food court. The Marketplace is CS and they have some nice breakfast sandwiches and quiche - no waffles, etc.

Even in a studio, we find we can do breakfast in the room. You have a sink, toaster, microwave, and coffee maker.

We make hot water in the coffee maker for tea and oatmeal. The kids eat cereal or toaster waffles. There are so many things that can go in the microwave.

Even on the DDP, breakfast is normally in the room. Breakfast at Spoodles :frown: was our big breakfast treat.

Does anyone know if the cabins at Fort Wilderness have a washer & dryer?

[QUOTE=Elmo;997634]There is no food court. The Marketplace is CS and they have some nice breakfast sandwiches and quiche - no waffles, etc.

Even in a studio, we find we can do breakfast in the room. You have a sink, toaster, microwave, and coffee maker.

We make hot water in the coffee maker for tea and oatmeal. The kids eat cereal or toaster waffles. There are so many things that can go in the microwave.

Even on the DDP, breakfast is normally in the room. Breakfast at Spoodles :frown: was our big breakfast treat.[/QUOTE]

I will be heading to another resort then! lol
We like to get out of the room and eat!
Esp. with my DD so picky and Iam not going grocery shopping!
Iam dying to try those beignets at Port Orleans!!!

[QUOTE=Val32;997543]No that was helpful!!! THank you!

There is one walk up for CS there, correct? And everything else is Table Service?
Do they have regular food court food for breakfast for kids? Eggs, oatmeal, cereal, waffles? My child is picky which I know you can relate!

Another Question, if you dont mind :blush:, If you do walk up for Beaches n Cream, is that considered a CS or TS meal?

Iam sorry to bombard you, but I know you stay there alot and I keep thinking of questions! :blush:[/QUOTE]

There isn’t really a food court, just a small counter in the gift shop. They have two kinds of egg breakfast sandwich plus all the bakery stuff. They also have made to order salads and pre-made cold sandwiches. We usually keep stuff in the room for breakfast so we don’t have to worry about finding something to make everyone happy.

I know lunch and dinner at Beaches and cream is table service. While we were there in August B&C was testing breakfast but I don’t know how it worked with the dining plan.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;997776]There isn’t really a food court, just a small counter in the gift shop. They have two kinds of egg breakfast sandwich plus all the bakery stuff. They also have made to order salads and pre-made cold sandwiches. We usually keep stuff in the room for breakfast so we don’t have to worry about finding something to make everyone happy.

I know lunch and dinner at Beaches and cream is table service. While we were there in August B&C was testing breakfast but I don’t know how it worked with the dining plan.[/QUOTE]

Yes I knew there wasnt a food court b’cuz it’s a DVC property.
We stayed at OKW with Wishy before and I know how limited those walk up counters can be! :blush:

We have about 3 breakfasts that we will be doing CS for. 2 of those mornings we will be at Epcot and that have that fantastic Sunshine Seaons there.
I would just love to try the food court at Port Orleans and get a beignet!!! Mmmmmmmmmm! lol
And I was also interested in eating at the Yacht CLub Galley, so we will see! :happy:

Thanks!