Be Our Guest-Beast's Castle

Just got off the phone with DD…cannot get CLOSE to “Be Our Guest” hile we are there. :frowning: Completly booked. Such a bummer…it just opened!

Any secrets to getting into sold out dining?

You may have luck as a walk up as soon as the restaurant opens for dinner or within the hour before they close. Also depends on the size of your party, etc. My husband and I have had some luck with walking up even during busy seasons but we’re only a party of two and we don’t mind eating super early.

I’ve read all the ADRs are booked for months to come, I’m sure it’s going to be that way for a long time. Like Wish said, you can always trying right when they open and see what happens.

If you go at a really odd between-meal time (maybe 10:30 a.m. or 3 p.m. etc), you might have even better luck as a walk-up.

They start serving lunch at 10. We got in line at 9:15 and were in the first 10 parties to get in. I belive luch is on a first come, first serve basis. It does move very quickly though.

At 9:15 and 10, I’m still thinking about breakfast.
Getting in line for lunch that early is just plain wrong!

And the lunch menu looks like it’s mostly a quick serve menu, not a sit down menu. In fact, it IS a quick serve menu. You know this because they charge one quick serve credit at lunch but one table serve credit at dinner.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1127563]At 9:15 and 10, I’m still thinking about breakfast.
Getting in line for lunch that early is just plain wrong!

And the lunch menu looks like it’s mostly a quick serve menu, not a sit down menu. In fact, it IS a quick serve menu. You know this because they charge one quick serve credit at lunch but one table serve credit at dinner.[/QUOTE]

We are not breakfast people, and eat at odd hours do to our regular work schedules. Also, do not use DDP, and pay cash so did not know about 1 credit vs 1 quick serve credit. Still very nice.

I thought about this long and hard – if I were to walk up at an odd hour, and they could take my party as a walk-up within about 10 minutes or so, I’d be really happy. But I would not be thrilled about spending more time than that hoping for a spot that might or might not come. Even though it is a new place to eat, I wouldn’t want to waste valuable park time in a food line. Probably easier to get ressies in a few months for the next trip!

I don’t remember anyone asking this so please forgive me if it’s been asked before…but is it possible to just tour the castle and the big dining room? I would just want to see the beautiful rooms…as most of you have seen me comment, we don’t go to WDW for the food…it’s the least important aspect of our visit…I wouldn’t wait for hours to eat anywhere…a little while yes but not hours…no…we are the ones that don’t do ADRs ahead of time…but we always “eat well” by being flexible…

I would love to just see the rooms though…like the big dining room I’ve seen pictures of…not going any time soon but…just curious whether that’s a tour option…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1127966]I don’t remember anyone asking this so please forgive me if it’s been asked before…but is it possible to just tour the castle and the big dining room? I would just want to see the beautiful rooms…as most of you have seen me comment, we don’t go to WDW for the food…it’s the least important aspect of our visit…I wouldn’t wait for hours to eat anywhere…a little while yes but not hours…no…we are the ones that don’t do ADRs ahead of time…but we always “eat well” by being flexible…

I would love to just see the rooms though…like the big dining room I’ve seen pictures of…not going any time soon but…just curious whether that’s a tour option…[/QUOTE]

Same here. I would love to just go check it out. There’s not a lot on the menu that really jumps out at me. I mean, it’s ok but not worth waiting for and food at other places do sound better. If they had a variety of over the top desserts then that may make a difference as i’d love to step in mid-day for a break and snack.
(Hmm, wonder if they’ll allow people in for potty stops heehee)

As it is counter service for lunch, I don’t see what would stop you from walking through it during that time. Not having been yet I can’t say for sure though. Supper would most likely be more of an issue. I can give you a definite answer in a few weeks but I am sure someone will beat me to it.

We were there three times during our stay at the end of November. I don’t think you can just go in and look at it. You have to stand in line outside and then they have CM’s take you inside at the appropriate time.

I’ve posted this on another thread but at that time, the restaurant opened at 11:00 and we walked up right at 11:00. We waited about 15 minutes outside before we went inside. Then about another 5-10 inside to get to the kiosk to order our food. Overall, not too bad to wait.

The next time, was right near the end of the lunch segment. No wait at all so we couldn’t walk away from that opportunity.

Adding a picture of our dessert cupcake. Very good.

Not liking the concept of a quick serve where you have to wait outside until a CM brings you inside to order from a kiosk/terminal.
This isn’t making much sense.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1127975]Same here. I would love to just go check it out. There’s not a lot on the menu that really jumps out at me. I mean, it’s ok but not worth waiting for and food at other places do sound better. If they had a variety of over the top desserts then that may make a difference as i’d love to step in mid-day for a break and snack.
(Hmm, wonder if they’ll allow people in for potty stops heehee)[/QUOTE]

Before lunch, you can get into the lobby and look into the main dinning room. You can not get into the west wing or the rose room. but it is nice to see. I have a couple of pics that I will try and post later.