Beach Club Clambake?

Has anyone been there??? I was wondering on what you thought. We love Seafood and thought it would be a neat place to try (We’re trying a couple different places this time instead of the good ol’ stand by’s…LOL)

Thanks everyone!

Yes and we go every trip! they have all of the items you would find at a clambake and also things like pasta, ribs, usually carved flank steak. Clam chowder is excellent and the desserts are fantastic!!

Coming from New England We could never bring ourself to try it as we have had the real thing on the beach. I would like to hear from someone from NE who has tried this also and see what they think

We have and love it! We didnt have a great server last time but again its a buffett so I dont expect the server to be around as much :laugh:

My DH and I went last sept. While waiting in the lobby, my DH got very grumpy cause he thought the food set up was terrible. I mean he was ready to leave. Then we got seated. The food setup can be confusing but my DH loved it. I am a picky eater and also waddled out of that place. It is on our "must do " list for our next trip.

There are usually ribs at a clambake? :huh:

(Pardon my ignorance: Southerner speaking.)

[QUOTE=allirella;967883]There are usually ribs at a clambake? :huh:

(Pardon my ignorance: Southerner speaking.)[/QUOTE]

That’s for those picky eaters like me.:redface: My DH eats the clams and mussels and other slimy things that live in the ocean. I prefer eating things that run around on the ground. :laugh: And of course that little known wild animal known as pizza.:laugh:

You sound like me. I think I am a seafood snob. :happy:
When you’re used to cold water shellfish, the warm water kind is just blech :pinch:.

But I ended up going to this one a couple of years ago with a group of friends and it wasn’t bad at all.

[QUOTE=allirella;967883]There are usually ribs at a clambake? :huh:

(Pardon my ignorance: Southerner speaking.)[/QUOTE]

No, you’re right: ribs are not common fare at a clambake. But surprisingly, sausage is!

[QUOTE=ddoll;967902]You sound like me. I think I am a seafood snob. :happy:
When you’re used to cold water shellfish, the warm water kind is just blech :pinch:.

But I ended up going to this one a couple of years ago with a group of friends and it wasn’t bad at all.[/QUOTE]

I guess it’s us folks from up North that seem to know a good clam bake - Ha Ha

Clam Bake? we’ll pass on. Now if it were a crawfish boil then we’d talk!:laugh:

That’s great!! It was on my Mom’s “List” of choices. I’m glad they have a little something for everyone, since my kids aren’t exactly “seafood fans” while mom and I are…

Thanks again everyone!!!

I have been to Cape May several times and it is passable at best.