Beach Club Tips?

We are staying at the BC Sept 17th-22nd with our 5-year old who has been to WDW once before (age-3). I was wondering if anyone had any cool tips or advice for us as far as things only folks who had stayed there before might know, interesting diversions, tips, secrets, etc…

We have all of our dining reservations taken care of and have decided to use a car service when we arrive to get checked in and settled as soon as possible. Any information is much appreciated!

Hi and welcome to MB.
I can’t help you with tips from the BC, I wish I had stayed there :crying:

Which car service are you using? We always use Quicksilver and love it.

Yes at Scott from Mouseketrips recommendation we booked them. We also use a car service here at home to and from Phila International. It is the one luxury that I really value! So much easier and less hassle to be driven and dropped off right at the terminal than having to go through long term parking and then the shuttle to the terminal. Especially with luggage and a 5-year old in tow!

FYI - last visit we stayed at the WL and really enjoyed that! We were there the week before Thanksgiving…went to bed one night and woke up the next morning to a 50’ decorated tree and lit pine garland everywhere in the lobby. What could have been cooler than that for a 3-year old?

[QUOTE=copcarguyp71;870962]Yes at Scott from Mouseketrips recommendation we booked them. We also use a car service here at home to and from Phila International. It is the one luxury that I really value! So much easier and less hassle to be driven and dropped off right at the terminal than having to go through long term parking and then the shuttle to the terminal. Especially with luggage and a 5-year old in tow!

FYI - last visit we stayed at the WL and really enjoyed that! We were there the week before Thanksgiving…went to bed one night and woke up the next morning to a 50’ decorated tree and lit pine garland everywhere in the lobby. What could have been cooler than that for a 3-year old?[/QUOTE]

that’s the famous Disney magic :happy:

[QUOTE=copcarguyp71;870951]We are staying at the BC Sept 17th-22nd with our 5-year old who has been to WDW once before (age-3). I was wondering if anyone had any cool tips or advice for us as far as things only folks who had stayed there before might know, interesting diversions, tips, secrets, etc…

We have all of our dining reservations taken care of and have decided to use a car service when we arrive to get checked in and settled as soon as possible. Any information is much appreciated![/QUOTE]

Welcome to MouseBuzz !!

Your 5 year old will enjoy watching the Mouse Keepers making and giving away the towel animals they make in the lobby. Ask what time they do that.

Check out ALL the pools. We stayed there many times before we realized there was a kids’ pool near the ship (opposite side of the walkway - closer to the lake). Shhhhhhhhhhhh. It has a small slide for the kids. Shhhhhhhhhhhh. The kids also like the “toilet bowl” in the big pool. There are pools everywhere. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The kids’ sand pool is fun too. Get the picture? :pirate:

Also, the Marketplace has great snacks (Gelato :laugh:) and the food is pretty good too. You can pick up things from the Bakery and several kinds of sandwiches.

Say “Hi!” to Art.

Be sure to ask about activities for the kids such as the Albatross Treasure Cruise. It costs a few bucks, but the kids will have fun.

Beaches & Cream - we prefer to use the take-out window and find a nice seat outside.

Nice walks around the Boardwalk. Look for the street entertainers. Find a bench for Illuminations. With your ice cream.

Walk to Epcot for a special treat at night. Our kids like to get candy from the UK.

We like the walk to HS too.

Definitely do the breakfast, the food was great and a wonderful way to start the vacation. TAKE THE BOAT! My son (the same age as yours) loved riding the boat to MGM and Epcot.

I 2nd the pool, if I had one thing to do over we would have spent more time at the pool(s). We had a wonderful time and there are so many, sand castles at the beach, waterfalls … THey provide the shovels and the buckets.

Have a wonderful time!

:pirate:

Thanks so far to all!!

Nice to see a local face here Elmo…I worked in Dtown for a while back in the early nineties when I was in school. Very nice area!

If you haven’t already made all your ADR’s, try the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Goofy, Minnie Mouse, Chip and Dale stop by the table and they usually spent a lot of time at each one. Also, the pool has a natural sand bottom. It’s like going into the sea!!!

Welcome to MB!!!

We tried for ADR’s at the Cape May breakfast but could not get anything for any of the days of our stay. I am told that we will probably be able to make arrangements once we are on site either at the concierge or simply walk-up. We will have to see then I guess.

We did get a breakfast at the Crystal Palace…this is one of my favorites so worst case is at least we have that going for us…Hooray for sugar coated french toast!!:wub:

If you are going to be using the pools ‘lazy river’, bring a float. They rent them, but they are not cheap. My husband and I bought a couple for $4. a piece at Target. Get the round tube style, and be sure they are see-through. Ours had colors, but you could clearly see through them…I guess the liveguards don’t want anything hampering their vision. We spent a lot of our time in them, and at the end of the vaca, gave them to a couple kids by the pool so we would not have to de-flate and pack to bring back home. We certainly got our $8 of fun out of them. Already have mine purchased and packed for our Sept 7-12 trip! Enjoy!

[QUOTE=copcarguyp71;871494] I am told that we will probably be able to make arrangements once we are on site either at the concierge or simply walk-up.
[/QUOTE]

It never hurts to stay in touch with the Disney Dining Line. We’ve been shut out of ADR’s, but called to check availability with good luck. Be flexible.

The pool is a blast! It’s great to just wander around and play. The carousel should be up in the lobby. It’s beautiful and there are hidden mickeys all around it, which are fun to look for!! With a 5 yr old I agree take the boat!! The walk can be a little long to HS, but it’s a neat walk if you are up for it! Enjoy!

If you feel like a stroll, try the walk over to Disney Studios… it’s a little adventure! And rent those little boats and cruise around the lake. So fun for kids!

Man, thanks for all the help on this!! Maybe we will do the walk in the morning to HS (depending on temp and weather) and then the boat in the afternoon when we are pooped. Although we would want to try and get there at the rope drop to try to get on MM so we will have to see what is the better option for that.

Does anyone know if they have begun the renovations to the BC rooms yet?

[QUOTE=copcarguyp71;874133]

Does anyone know if they have begun the renovations to the BC rooms yet?[/QUOTE]

I know many (if not all) of the rooms have new sleeper sofas. I don’t believe they have started any full room renovations.

The AM walk to HS & Boat home is a good idea.