Beach Club veterans?

Does the Beach Club have that “disney magic” as the other resorts like AKL or WL or Poly? I just booked five nights at the Beach Club because of the proximity to Epcot and pool area for the teens. Plus, its a resort we have not stayed or even visited on previous trips. Anyway…
Is the atmosphere disappointing? From the pictures it seems like it might be like your average beach hotel. I hope I didn’t make a mistake.
Thanks in advance for your opinion:)

I think it does. Love the beach club. In fact, its my favorite resort.

I don’t think you can go wrong. Having stayed at the Poly and AKL, I think its about the same in terms of Disney Magic.

Plus, the walk to Epcot is great.

Enjoy!

We think BC has a lot of magic. WL was the first resort we fell in love with and BC was the second. I think WL has a bigger awe factor but BC has a happy vibe. The magic is there, it’s just a different magic if that makes sense. I think you will enjoy your stay, just keep an open mind. BC is busier than some of the other resorts but we don’t live in the lobby so that really doesn’t bother us.

Enjoy your stay!

Disney Teacher, thanks, I didn’t look at it that way but now that I do, it does make sense about having a “different kind of magic”. I think I was mistaking the “awe factor” for disney magic. If they can make you feel like your on Martha’s Vineyard in Florida, thats pretty magical.

We went to BC in October and loved it. We are going back in May with the family. I think a different kind of awe factor is the right words. Pop has the icons as well as all the value resorts. the mods have about the same. The delux has a wow factor in the sense that they offer cool onsite amenities,like movies on the beach, daily activities for kids and adults, nice game rooms, and the atmosphere is just totally relaxing. I love the pool at BC and all the great things they offer as far as activities go. At BC a campfire every night,movie every night, a beach area to sit on and look at BW and all its beauty. Beaches which has the best ice cream and a cool game room. A big plus is the 5 minute walk to Epcot. Besides the beauty of the whole resort I really do not think you will be disappointed at all. They kids will totally LOVE the sandy bottom pool. Its something I experinced for the first time and wow, it was totally cool. My toes could not find the bottom of the pool cause of all the sand at the bottom. the neat thing about the sand is it does not get all in the pool, it just sits at the bottom.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1069060]We think BC has a lot of magic. WL was the first resort we fell in love with and BC was the second. I think WL has a bigger awe factor but BC has a happy vibe. The magic is there, it’s just a different magic if that makes sense. I think you will enjoy your stay, just keep an open mind. BC is busier than some of the other resorts but we don’t live in the lobby so that really doesn’t bother us.

Enjoy your stay![/QUOTE]

There are alot of people that hang out in the lobby of the BC. . not sure why.

We live in Maine, so WL has never been a pick since I live it every day :laugh:

[QUOTE=Magic;1069084]There are alot of people that hang out in the lobby of the BC. . not sure why.
[/QUOTE]

That’s mostly because they’re waiting for their tables to open up at Cape May.

Beach and Yacht do have Disney Magic, but it’s more understated than AKL or WL.

I think it has tons of magic; it just says “holiday!” to me - casual and beautiful - just like a beach vacation should be; and of course, you have the very best pool at WDW. Epcot is steps away…a wonderful resort.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1069098]That’s mostly because they’re waiting for their tables to open up at Cape May.

Beach and Yacht do have Disney Magic, but it’s more understated than AKL or WL.[/QUOTE]

That’s why we hang out there.:happy:

Or maybe waiting for their room to open up. You know that “it will be ready in about 1/2 hr” line? If my DH was told that, he’d wait. He favorite moment at disney is the first official nap, while I run around looking at stuff and buying milk, oj, etc. (his second favorite is when the buzzer goes off for Cape May

:laugh:This statement made me giggle!:laugh: Nothing like being relaxed on vacation.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1069140]That’s why we hang out there.:happy:

Or maybe waiting for their room to open up. You know that “it will be ready in about 1/2 hr” line? If my DH was told that, he’d wait. He favorite moment at disney is the first official nap, while I run around looking at stuff and buying milk, oj, etc. (his second favorite is when the buzzer goes off for Cape May[/QUOTE]

We hang out in the lobby on check out day waiting for our ME bus to arrive. I’m OCD about being on time so we’re really early for the bus and end up hanging out for an hour or so.

A lot of people do that at all of the hotels with decent sized lobbies.
I’ve seen people waiting at all hours of the day and night at AKL and WL.