Beach club villas?

Our family wants to rent a DVC Beach Club villa for a week in June/July 2014.

We are NOT DVC members and I just want to know how how all this works, as far a renting points, etc. Been to WDW a jillion times, but always stayed in resort hotels… this time, we’re planning a family trip that will include six adults and two kids (one will be 5 the other will be 2).

We’ve stayed at the Yacht Club and decided Beach Club villas that location because we love the location and Stormalong Bay for the kids (and us lol).

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?? Welcome any advice, info and ideas …

Thanks!
:mickey:

BCV is a fabulous resort. Unfortunately I don’t have any points that I can rent…put a post in the DVC forum in Trades/Requests. Some MB members do rent. We have rented points to MB members and the procedure is very easy. You simply agree on a price, dates, accomodation, etc., then the member makes the reservation for you. We used Paypal for the transaction - I think that’s probably a pretty normal course. Although I hate to give them credit for anything, DisBoards has a very active trading forum.

Llama summed it up well. We rented points a couple of times before becoming members and it was a very easy process. Be aware that this is a private transaction between you and the member so there’s some trust involved. Mickey used to recommend an escrow account for protection but I don’t know if anyone here has tried that. We rented from two different long time members here so I didn’t have any question about the member being honest and everything be fine when we checked in.

Mouseowners . com also has a very active rent/trade board.

We have rented 3 times and it was GREAT! Twice I’ve rented from MBers and once from David’s DVC rental site. All transactions were smooth and easy. David’s site does charge a little more per point but it is easier if you want a specific resort like BCV which is hard to get less than 7 months out.

What they said…

BCV is smaller and depending on when you want to visit, almost impossible to get after the 7 month point when DVC reservations open to all DVC members. Members who own at BCV get a priority booking window from 7-11 months in advance.

So at about a year ahead, post a note that you are looking to rent an you will probably get someone.

Most of the people here who rent points have been here a long time and have rented many times. I’d be cautious of someone who just joins MB (or any site) and offers points.

Renting is a little different that normal reservations. It involves some trust. Some people rent non refundable, some have restricted refund policy - and as an owner, you have to be able to protect yourself. (If someone cancels at the last minute there is a good chance you won’t be able to rent or use the points and that means the owner looses.

Get it in writing. Contracts are not enforceable unless in writing. And it greatly reduces any chances of problems and misunderstandings.

I would NOT pay with a debit card or money order. Only use a credit card - it protects both parties. You will get a reservation in your name, and if you don’t you can dispute the charge on your credit card.

Any changes to the reservation must be made by the member.

Renting points is a real win-win-win situation.

Win 1. You get great savings over WDW rates.
Win 2. Member covers their cost and then some.
Win 3. Renters often turn into DVC members themselves which is a win for WDW.

[QUOTE=phayes93;1116202]Our family wants to rent a DVC Beach Club villa for a week in June/July 2014.

We are NOT DVC members and I just want to know how how all this works, as far a renting points, etc. Been to WDW a jillion times, but always stayed in resort hotels… this time, we’re planning a family trip that will include six adults and two kids (one will be 5 the other will be 2).

We’ve stayed at the Yacht Club and decided Beach Club villas that location because we love the location and Stormalong Bay for the kids (and us lol).

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP?? Welcome any advice, info and ideas …

Thanks!
:mickey:[/QUOTE]
I recently booked a cottage from an online store. Visit link removed for more information on lodging onto any over sea’s hotel, villa, cottage.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1116214]Llama summed it up well. We rented points a couple of times before becoming members and it was a very easy process. Be aware that this is a private transaction between you and the member so there’s some trust involved. Mickey used to recommend an escrow account for protection but I don’t know if anyone here has tried that. We rented from two different long time members here so I didn’t have any question about the member being honest and everything be fine when we checked in.

Mouseowners . com also has a very active rent/trade board.[/QUOTE]

In regard tot eh reference to MouseOwners…we have used Paul at The DVC Rental Store to rent our points several times and had a great experience…good luck