Beaches and Cream burgers

I’ve never eaten here, and I’m wondering, are the burgers at Beaches and Cream the same as the burgers you can get at Cosmic Ray’s? I’m trying to decide if it would be worth using a TS credit for an actual meal here or if we should just go for dessert.

Not ever having had a Cosmic Ray’s burger, I can’t compare the two…that said…B & C has the BEST burger I’ve ever had in WDW, and DW agrees!!

Don’t they also have a counter service?

It shows on the DDP pdf that I downloaded as a TS. I’d love to know if we can use our CS credits there too.:happy:

Well, that helps! Thank you! I :heart: yummy cheeseburgers and onion rings!:happy:

My iPhone app shows it as a quick service, one credit!!!

I didn’t think about my iPhone app. Duh! Where is my brain today?!:laugh: I’ll look at that too. Thanks!:happy:

Your phone app may, but this official Disney Dining Plan pdf says it’s table service only:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

The only thing they serve at the counter is take away ice cream.
Looking at the menu, it would be a waste of a table credit, the prices are pretty much out of line for what they offer.
$8 for a hot dog and $14 for a double cheeseburger that at Cosmic Ray’s would only cost $6.59 and $8.59 respectively. Unless of course you’re talking about a half pound burger and a 3/4 pound dog, but even then…

Beaches and Cream Menu - Beach Club
Beaches and Cream To Go Menu – Beach Club – Counter Service
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe - Tomorrowland - Magic Kingdom

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1033593]Your phone app may, but this official Disney Dining Plan pdf says it’s table service only:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

The only thing they serve at the counter is take away ice cream.
Looking at the menu, it would be a waste of a table credit, the prices are pretty much out of line for what they offer.
$8 for a hot dog and $14 for a double cheeseburger that at Cosmic Ray’s would only cost $6.59 and $8.59 respectively. Unless of course you’re talking about a half pound burger and a 3/4 pound dog, but even then…

Beaches and Cream Menu - Beach Club
Beaches and Cream To Go Menu – Beach Club – Counter Service
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe - Tomorrowland - Magic Kingdom[/QUOTE]
Have you eaten here, Doug? Are the burgers comparable to Cosmic Ray’s? If they are, I, like you, agree that it’s not worth a TS credit to eat something that I could get for a CS credit. To be quite honest, I’m not a fan of WDW’s basic burger. They are too dry, and if that’s what they offer at Beaches and Cream, I’d rather use my credits elsewhere. If, however, it is a big, juicy burger then it is worth the TS credit to me. :happy:

We only had the kitchen sink there.

Missy the last time we ate at ESPN they had the big juicy burgers, and it’s on DDP. Might try that if you haven’t already.

I’ve never eaten a meal there. I have gotten ice cream at the take out counter.
I just think that for $14, I’ll pass and wait till I get home, grind up some rib eye and make it myself. And even then, I’ll wait for rib eye steaks to go on sale for $7 or $8 a pound before I’ll grind up a steak like that:laugh:

You’ve read this forum for a while and know there are enough people that report enjoyable meals at Beaches and Cream, so I’d say give it a shot.

Mickeybug makes a good point suggesting ESPN as an alternative. Their menu is much more extensive and looks like it would be a better use of a table credit.

Thanks to all for the help. We’ll keep looking at menus prior to our trip. We just thought we might try some new places this trip, and this is one we’ve considered. I love a good cheeseburger (think Five Guys . . . if you have one near you, you know that is the BEST burger EVER!), and vacation is a good time to indulge in one.:laugh:

Can you tell me the name of the App please - I have a few Disney apps on my Iphone but not one with the dining plan-thanks in advance.

Just HAD to mention 5 Guys, huh??..there’s one practically right around the corner…as a matter of fact…I’m a trifle hungry right now…hmmm

In all honesty…B & C isn’t that far off from 5G…not as many toppings to choose from, obviously…but all in all…the resemblance is there.

The one I have is just Walt Disney World Dining. I think it was only 99 cents–one of the cheap apps!:laugh:How much would that be across the pond?

[QUOTE=jerseymouse;1033651]Just HAD to mention 5 Guys, huh??..there’s one practically right around the corner…as a matter of fact…I’m a trifle hungry right now…hmmm

In all honesty…B & C isn’t that far off from 5G…not as many toppings to choose from, obviously…but all in all…the resemblance is there.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Yes! Five Guys is my favorite! We have one very close to us too. :pinch:Not good! Way too tempting for me!:laugh:

Good to know that B&C is close to my beloved 5G burger! I have an excuse to eat like that on vacation!:laugh:

[QUOTE=missymouse;1033653]:laugh: Yes! Five Guys is my favorite! We have one very close to us too. :pinch:Not good! Way too tempting for me!:laugh:

Good to know that B&C is close to my beloved 5G burger! I have an excuse to eat like that on vacation!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

The 5G here is in the same complex as a pizza place that won “best of” in 2009…so I must have better willpower than I imagined, simply because I still have the ability to look down and see my toes!!

I haven’t had the burgers at Beaches & Cream, BUT I had a surprisingly GREAT burger yesterday at Rose & Crown in Epcot! Really not what I was expecting for Rose & Crown…best burger I’ve ever had on WDW property though.

Oooo, thanks! That might be one to do again. We haven’t been to R&C in probably 5 years.