Beaches and Cream

How is the food at Beaches and Cream? We are thinking about heading down to the Boardwalk/Beach Club area for dinner the night we are doing the Studios. We really don’t care for the restaurants at the Studios and we want to take on the Kitchen Sink!

Go for it!!
Here’s my review: Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!
A great place and a lot of fun.
Enjoy!

The Kitchen Sink is HUGE!! We saw one family down there enjoying one, but weren’t brave enough to try it ourselves…LOL… The milkshakes are great, coming in those big steel milkshake mixers with a glass…My daughter loved hers!! Burgers and fries were, well burger and fries…LOL…

We will have quite a few people so we are going to give the Kitchen Sink our best effort! Are the burgers and fries like burgers and fries anywhere else at DW or are they more diner style?

I always wanted to try it too! Maybe when my family goes in september we will give that sink a try:laugh:

I want to know this too. I love a great burger - not the fastfood style that DW usually serves.

It really is like the older style ice cream parlors. Like a diner? Maybe. Every time we have been there we enjoyed it. Truthfully, I do like the burgers there more then a burger at a regular CS. Go for the Kitchen Sink and “A Whole Can Of Whipped Cream!!!”

Think 50’s style diner/ice cream parlour. The food is great, but make sure to leave room for all that ice cream!

We always say we are going to try a Kitchen Sink but are always too full! This time we are staying at the BCV so it will have to happen this trip for sure!

We like everything about Beaches and Cream. The atmosphere is great, we think the burgers are really good, however, we have never tackled a Kitchen Sink, but have seen other diners have one and they look great fun. I think you’d really enjoy it there.

Thanks everyone! I’m excited about trying it!

i have thought about trying it

I really like their burgers. Fries are good too,
Ice cream is really, really cool.
Neat place. Gets very crowded, very quickly, so have patience.
They give you one of those buzzer thingies, but I’d check the book every now and then too.
We went a few weeks ago for lunch. it wasn’t crowded but the CM attendant wasn’t paying too much attention to what was happening.
If you’re going to be over at the Epcot resorts and like sushi, you may want to try Kimono’s in the Swan. Only place on property I order it. Very good, reasonably priced. Go early, unless you actually like the sing along stuff. Ahh, I don’t.
Cape May has a great buffet… also gets crowded.
Curious why you don’t like Brown Derby??
Frank

Personally, Beaches and Cream doesn’t really do anything for me and I don’t see what all the excitement is.
They don’t have more than the standard assortment of ice cream flavors and I don’t find the menu to be anything more special than your everyday Friendly’s. Actually, it’s more limited.
That’s pretty much why I usually reserve comment (or suggestion to eat there).
But if it appeals to you, then do it.

If I have a taste for softserve, I’ll go to the Dolphin Fountain.
I can remember when there used to be battles on the… I think it was CompuServe Disney board over Beaches & Cream vs Dolphin Fountain. This was YEARS ago.
Frank

I have never had their food but their ice cream is awesome and you can customize the kitchen sink however you like. One thing to keep in mind is that the parlor is not very big at all so you might want to consider reservations if you are going during the busy season.

>>One thing to keep in mind is that the parlor is not very big at all so you might want to consider reservations if you are going during the busy season.<

I don’t think they take reservations at Beaches & Cream.
Frank

They don’t do reservations, we tried last year. It does have limited space and fills up quickly. We went one day for lunch and arrived early (11:30?am) as it was opening. They were packed by the time we left around an hour later.

My kids love the kitchen sink and it is a must do for our family! Enjoy

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1024082]Personally, Beaches and Cream doesn’t really do anything for me and I don’t see what all the excitement is.
They don’t have more than the standard assortment of ice cream flavors and I don’t find the menu to be anything more special than your everyday Friendly’s. Actually, it’s more limited.
That’s pretty much why I usually reserve comment (or suggestion to eat there).
But if it appeals to you, then do it.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of it is the atmosphere, it’s something different.