Beaches

Looking to enjoy a day away from the WORLD. We do have a vehicle and are looking to drive, around an hour ( coming from Canada 22 hours drive not all that interested in driving more than I have to after that drive and then driving it home as well)
We are looking to enjoy a day at a beach. East or West coast either or but considering all that is going on in the Gulf coast right now I think we are leaning towards the East Coast.
So if any MB’ers have any info that will help much appreciated

I would recommend Cocoa Beach. I think it’s around an hour drive and it is on the east coast of FL.

We have a condo on Cocoa Beach and it is the closest beach to WDW. It is an hour drive and real easy to get to also just a straight drive east from WDW. The beach is beautiful, Ron Jon’s is a must for tourists and it is MUCH cooler on the Atlantic side as it is on the Gulf side. I highly recommend it. Any questions feel free to ask.

I’m going to agree with Cocoa Beach. It’s a nice, clean beach about an hour away. I agree you must go to Ron Jon.

Cocoa Beach is a straight shot down State Road 528 (The Beach Line).
It’s also always been one of my favorite beaches. Just don’t go looking for Major Nelson and Jeanie’s house. It never existed in Florida.
If you decide to take US 192 from Kissimmee out to Melbourne, the beach is OK there too, but overall I think Cocoa Beach is the better choice. Plus, you can see the launch towers at Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral Air Force Station from there.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1042384]Cocoa Beach is a straight shot down State Road 528 (The Beach Line).
It’s also always been one of my favorite beaches. Just don’t go looking for Major Nelson and Jeanie’s house. It never existed in Florida.
If you decide to take US 192 from Kissimmee out to Melbourne, the beach is OK there too, but overall I think Cocoa Beach is the better choice. Plus, you can see the launch towers at Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral Air Force Station from there.[/QUOTE]

But there is a “I Dream of Jeanie Way” close to downtown Cocoa Beach right by the dog park.

The year we drove down we spent a night at Cocoa Beach and really enjoyed it!! We were not even a 5 minute walk from teh beach and it was beautiful, clean and actually quite quiet! The kids, well my son, enjoyed a roll around and play in the sand and the public washrooms weren’t nearly as icky as the ones around our public beaches!! We always said if we drive down again we’ll go again!!

My friend just went to Cocoa Beach last month, she was shocked when I told her about all the rave reviews posted here. She’s a Floridian, and she said it was so terrible, and so disappointing, they ended up driving to WDW and staying there instead.

I’ll have to ask her exactly where she was . . . so you can avoid that area.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1042400]My friend just went to Cocoa Beach last month, she was shocked when I told her about all the rave reviews posted here. She’s a Floridian, and she said it was so terrible, and so disappointing, they ended up driving to WDW and staying there instead.

I’ll have to ask her exactly where she was . . . so you can avoid that area.[/QUOTE]

Yes, would love to know where she was. We have been going down there for over 10 years before buying a place and never have had a bad experience.