Been gone awhile

Hello fellow MouseBuzzers! I haven’t been on much, life has been crazy! Keeping busy with my boys sporting events, working lots of OT, and just to make it more interesting went back to school last week:ohmy:…I’m getting very excited about my next trip though, so I though I’d pop in for any last minute advice from all of you!

Leaving for California (first time) in 27 days:goofybounce: We are flying into San Francisco for 3 nights, driving down the coast and staying in Pismo Beach, then onto Anaheim for 5 nights to see:mickey:, then south to Dana Point for 6 nights…day trips planned to San Diego to go to Seaworld. SOoooo…

We have 3 days in Disney starting the week of March 26. Originally I was going to go twice that week and drive up from Dana Point one day the following week. What I’m reading says the week before Easter is CRAZY!!!, so maybe we’ll do all 3 days the week of March 26. Thoughts?

What should we do first?
Must do’s?

Thanks

Welcome back…no idea, I have only been to DL once…have a great trip!

Hi welcome back, I can’t help either, never been at all- have fun planning!

[QUOTE=ktcheck;1102849]
Leaving for California (first time) in 27 days:goofybounce: We are flying into San Francisco for 3 nights, driving down the coast and staying in Pismo Beach, then onto Anaheim for 5 nights to see:mickey:, then south to Dana Point for 6 nights…day trips planned to San Diego to go to Seaworld. SOoooo…[/QUOTE]

You’ll have fun! I can’ remember the other mousebuzzer family that did that. Just be prepared for the cost of San Francisco. :pirate:

[QUOTE=ktcheck;1102849]
We have 3 days in Disney starting the week of March 26. Originally I was going to go twice that week and drive up from Dana Point one day the following week. What I’m reading says the week before Easter is CRAZY!!!, so maybe we’ll do all 3 days the week of March 26. Thoughts?

What should we do first?
Must do’s?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
Three days is actually enough time to do the Disney Resort. Even if it’s crowded. Just try to use your fast pass as a way to start saving seats on the best rides. The key (when you have a large party, is for one person to take all the tickets and get fast passes en masse. It also helps if that person isn’t all that enthused about going on the ride the others are standing in line for. :wub:

Matterhorn and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride are the two rides not available in WDW. And definitely go to Buzz Lightyear’s. It’s a lot better than the WDW version.

Park Hoppers are a good idea, as you can take advantage of California Adventure when Disneyland gets too crowded during certain hours.

Let me know if there are any specific questions you have about San Francisco (I went there with my heir apparent in 2005) or about traveling to San Diego (lived there for fifteen years) besides Sea World :cool:

I thought 3 days would be enough. I think the Matterhorn is closed for refurbishment :mad: but what can you do. I know I won’t be prepared for California prices…hoping to share meals when we can:closedeye I think we ar going to try and do a whale watching cruise out of Dana Point…anyone ever done one? I’m getting excited, but I’ve been busy w1ith work, school, and the boys that I haven’t had much time to think about it!

There is the Poor Man’s way to go through California. No one is forcing you to pay $9.00 for a bowl of soup at Fisherman’s Wharf. You’d be amazed how far a loaf of Sourdough goes from the bakery. =)

Whale watching is a good way to get out and enjoy the salt air. Not sure what the season is, though, as to when the whales are normally going by…

Sorry to hear about the Matterhorn being closed. Also, on the commute between Disneyland and San Diego… (I’ve done that a lot) the earlier you leave, the earlier you avoid traffic. :pirate:

[QUOTE=Experiment6-2-6;1103013]There is the Poor Man’s way to go through California. No one is forcing you to pay $9.00 for a bowl of soup at Fisherman’s Wharf. You’d be amazed how far a loaf of Sourdough goes from the bakery. =)

Whale watching is a good way to get out and enjoy the salt air. Not sure what the season is, though, as to when the whales are normally going by…

Sorry to hear about the Matterhorn being closed. Also, on the commute between Disneyland and San Diego… (I’ve done that a lot) the earlier you leave, the earlier you avoid traffic. :pirate:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on traffic! Not sure if we are going to all 3 days while staying in Anaheim, or drive up from Dana Point ( which is half way between LA and San Diego). Guess we’ll figure it out when we get there! Anyone have any MUST DO’s, or touring ideas? Planning on definitely going on Tuesday and Wednesday the last week of March.

I agree with the park-hoppers. Since the two parks are across the promenade, its pretty easy to walk back and forth.

A couple of the places I suggest (since they’re not at WDW, or different from WDW)
At California Adventure:
-Monster’s Inc
-Little Mermaid
-Aladdin Show
-Art of Animation Building

At Disneyland:
-Indiana Jones
-Nemo Submarines
-Storybook Canal
-Autopia
-Alice in Wonderland
-Toontown
-Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-thru

Head to get Fastpasses for Star Tours first thing in the morning, because it gets really crowded. And get fastpasses for Indiana sometime early in the day too, because they go really fast, and it consistently has the longest wait times. Hopefully that time of the year, it won’t be too crowded!