Behind the steam trains tour?

Well, Cole is finally old enough to do this tour, so I am wondering if there are any mousebuzzers out there who might shed some light on the tour? Reviews? Thoughts? :slight_smile:

If you really like trains and you really like backstage tours, then do it.
The tour is conducted mostly before the park opens and among other highlights, you will be passengers on the train that participates in the park opening ceremony.

I don’t know if we are fans of backstage tours, but we are huge train fans, I am thinking it might be something fun to surprise the boys with this summer. Being on the opening train ride sounds like it would be a fun thing to do. :slight_smile:

This is a tour we’ve considered in the past as well. Very cool that you get to be part of the opening ceremony!!

I know! Decisions, decisions!:happy:

We have not taken this tour but it is one of the ones that sounds really neat. I would go for it! :laugh:

Who? Me?
I’ve taken almost every tour excepting Behind the Seeds, Divequest, and the new tour in AK.
I think I like tours, but I’ll have to get back to you on that with a definitive answer:laugh:

If they’re train buffs, they’ll really like this tour.

(Edit: I’ve heard of dyslexia, but have you ever had it so bad that you see “we” but understand it as “you”? I thought you said “I don’t know if “YOU” are fans of backstage tours”)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1080652]Who? Me?
I’ve taken almost every tour excepting Behind the Seeds, Divequest, and the new tour in AK.
I think I like tours, but I’ll have to get back to you on that with a definitive answer:laugh:

(Edit: I’ve heard of dyslexia, but have you ever had it so bad that you see “we” but understand it as “you”? I thought you said “I don’t know if “YOU” are fans of backstage tours”)[/QUOTE]

Funny the only tour we have taken is Behind the Seeds. We really enjoyed it!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1080652]Who? Me?

(Edit: I’ve heard of dyslexia, but have you ever had it so bad that you see “we” but understand it as “you”? I thought you said “I don’t know if “YOU” are fans of backstage tours”)[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey, I missed your birthday, hope it was a good one. Did you get yourself an authentic Brooklyn egg cream? :cool:

After my Dad made us stand around watching the trains arrive and leave the Toontown station for a half hour three trips ago, I decided to surprise him with this tour on our our trip last fall.

He really enjoyed the tour and said that the tour guides were really friendly and engaging. He had a great time and would definitely recommend it.

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1081262]After my Dad made us stand around watching the trains arrive and leave the Toontown station for a half hour three trips ago, I decided to surprise him with this tour on our our trip last fall.

He really enjoyed the tour and said that the tour guides were really friendly and engaging. He had a great time and would definitely recommend it.[/QUOTE]

That is good to know! Thank you. :slight_smile:

Most, if not all, of the tour guides for the steam trains tour are also engineers and they’re all train buffs too.
If I remember the trivia properly, one of Disneyland’s engines came into their possession right around the day I was born, if not exactly on that day.
No, not birthday, I mean June 14, 1955. Which as we all know was 33 days before Disneyland opened.

We’ve done the Keys to the Kingdom and loved it.

>.Funny the only tour we have taken is Behind the Seeds. We really enjoyed it!<<

Did they tell you WHY the aquaculture “room” has red lights?? I’ve asked a bunch of CM’s there and no one seems to know.

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1081358]We’ve done the Keys to the Kingdom and loved it.

>.Funny the only tour we have taken is Behind the Seeds. We really enjoyed it!<<

Did they tell you WHY the aquaculture “room” has red lights?? I’ve asked a bunch of CM’s there and no one seems to know.

Frank[/QUOTE]

I do not remember them mentioning anything about the red lights. When I am there in August, I will try to ask. I really wish they still had a live person leading the boat ride. :frown:

Live person and original Listen to the Land music.
Frank

This would worry me.

One of my crew would think it was the “In-Front of the train tour”

Which, of course, would not end well…

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1081395]This would worry me.

One of my crew would think it was the “In-Front of the train tour”

Which, of course, would not end well…[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You kill me.