Best and worst character meals?

I need opinions of character meals. I am looking for character meals for two little boys. I have been to Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey’s for breakfast. So, which others should we try and which to avoid? Thanks!

Try breakfast at the Polly with lilo and stitch at Ohanas. Its a family served meal but really good and not to be missed for us.

We love the O’hanas breakfast too!

We love Cape May. The best Goofy ever is here. He really plays and goofs around with the kids. Food is good too-buffet with lots for everyone to choose from.

I also like the Goofy at Cape May. We went sans kids in 2007, and Goofy was hilarious, flirting with me, telling me to call him, making faces at df lol. It was a riot!

Best is Ohana or Cinderella’s Royal Table, but that is just for total atmosphere. Worst? Worst I have had so far was Liberty Tree, but I like the atmosphere and the food was decent. The characters were only by for about 2 seconds and had too many people to see. But, I am willing to go back now for the food now that it is not a character meal.

Oh, if you have a girl, that is an easy one. Akershus. This is my daughters favorite, she LOVES the princesses.

We love Cape May Cafe. It’s not BIG like Chef Mickey’s or Donald’s Safari. Not loud either and the characters seem to spend more time.

1900 Park Fare is good too. The breakfast has Alice in Wonderland and friends and dinner is Cinderella, Prince Charming, her sisters and fairy god mothers. We had a blast with the step sisters on this trip. They were absolutely hysterical!

Donald’s Safari is fun too! They have a celebration during the meal. Only thing is, we were there for more than a 1/2 hour and only saw one character, Donald. When it was the breakfastosaurus, we saw every character by the time breakfast was done and we weren’t in there for more than 45 minutes.

What about Garden Grill in the Land pavillion? We’ve never eaten there but there is a character meal there too.

This is a great one. We’ve done it every year since DD10 was 5 years old. DD5 has requested it for this year, just when we were planning NO character meals. DH and I are having to revisit that idea.

We’ve done this one many times too. It is really fun. The last time we went stepmother and the stepsisters were new to the cast, and they were VERY funny! DD5 was only 3 at the time (almost 4), and was angry with the steps because “they’re mean.” She was refusing to have her picture made with them, and I said, “Oh, Bonnie. Have your picture taken with the stepmother.” The stepmother quickly reprimanded me with, “That’s Lady Tremaine to you, ma’am.” :blush::laugh::laugh::laugh:I have to admit, at first I was a little embarrassed! My whole family cracked up. I should add too, that DH and I were a little disappointed in the food that time (it was October 2007). DH says he’ll never go back-it was that bad.

Tusker House (Breakfast) is good … We had a wonderful time. Great Cast Members there to help with the pics of Donald,Mickey,Goofy, and Daisy.

For breakfasts for boys, choose 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Cafe, and Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. You might get good mileage at 'Ohana with Stitch as well, but check the menu before you decide as it’s very limited when compared to the buffets.

We love ohana’s for breakfast and dinner. But tusker house is fastly becoming my favorite. I enjoyed it when it was Donald’s Restraurantosaurus, but this new on is so much better.

Breakfast is Alice, Mad Hatter (my favorite), Mary Poppins, Tigger, and Eyore.
There are NO step sisters or princesses at breakfast. (And boys have no need of princesses!)

I’d like to disagree here. I liked Breakfastosaurus much better than Tusker House and the Tusker House version is almost as hard to get reservations for as Chef Mickey’s (and almost from day one).
'Ohana doesn’t really appeal to me, breakfast or dinner, but that’s just my opinion.

Did we mention Tusker House ??? :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;962979]Breakfast is Alice, Mad Hatter (my favorite), Mary Poppins, Tigger, and Eyore.
There are NO step sisters or princesses at breakfast. (And boys have no need of princesses!)[/QUOTE]

Oh, I beg to differ. I think my son is in love with Cinderella!

We have only done Chef Mickeys for breakfast and it was ok, but not great. We are trying Tusker House this year (if we can get an ADR)

Our boys favorites are Ohana breakfast (with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey & Pluto) and Garden Grill (they LOVE Chip and Dale, so this is a must do for them). We’re trying Tusker house b-fast for the first time in Aug, so I’m hoping they’ll like that one, too!

Our favorites our Crystal Palace(winnie the pooh, tigger, piglet, and eeyore), Garden Grille(Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Chip, and Dale), and Donalds Breakfast(Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse ETC.)

“(And boys have no need of princesses!)”

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;963044]Oh, I beg to differ. I think my son is in love with Cinderella!

We have only done Chef Mickeys for breakfast and it was ok, but not great. We are trying Tusker House this year (if we can get an ADR)[/QUOTE]

At least he doesn’t need princes:glare:

At Chef Mickey’s you can have omelets and eggs made to order, which is a big plus and a big draw for me.
At Tusker House, unlike Breakfastosaurus, there is no option for eggs to order or omelets to order, a big drawback for me.

I’d have to vote CRT as the worst character meal because it is so overpriced and menu limited. And the biggest reason it’s overpriced is the mandatory photo package that is included with your meal.
Your opinions will vary.