Best bus strategy when staying at POR

So we’re staying at POR for the first time this year :smile: but DH & I are a little nervous about the Disney bus situation…we’ve read that because the resort is so large, there are several internal bus stops so buses fill up quickly, take longer to get out on the road, etc. Can anyone offer a good strategy? I’ve read that the main stop near the general store(?) is the best & 1st stop & will usually guarantee you a seat, but a long ride. Any times when taking a cab to the parks is the best bet?

We always rent a car :wink: No bus problems for us.
But I have seen the mass loads of people waiting for the busses at POR.
When we went in June, we meet people at Epcot form POR and it took them 40+minutes longer than us.
Good Luck, sorry to be a Debbie Downer :pinch:

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1045140]We always rent a car :wink: No bus problems for us.
But I have seen the mass loads of people waiting for the busses at POR.
When we went in June, we meet people at Epcot form POR and it took them 40+minutes longer than us.
Good Luck, sorry to be a Debbie Downer :pinch:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info ~you’re not a downer:wink: ~ I would just rather know the reality & be prepared before we get there. At least this way, I can figure out how much time to allow for travel to & from the parks.

Its not that bad just roll with it and enjoy,

I was just going to say that too, It’s never been a huge problem for us and we use the bus service all the time. Occasionally we’ve had to stand but not for long. I think all the Disney buse’s can get very busy, our worst experience with the bus service was at CBR.

Ours was the year we stayed at All Star Sports - lesson learned. We NEVER had a bad experience at Pop.

Plus, also you are going in September. Crowd calendar shows 1 through 4’s, so I would imagine the bus stops won’t be as crowded due to a lot less people.

The stop by the store seems to be the best stop. There is no guarantee that you get a seat even there, because often that bus comes from POFQ and already has people on board. The ride to any of the parks never seems all that long to me, there’s much to see and so many people on the bus to talk to and have fun with :wink:

Early mornings before nine the buses only stop at the bus stop in the front of POR. The buses usually don’t stop at PO they have one for themselves until around 9AM. This is due to the fact that the buses become full just from this stop.

We stayed at POR at Christmas a few years ago and didn’t have any issues with the bus. We also didn’t go to the main stop, we just used the stop near our building. Sure, we had to stand a few times but we’ve had to stand on a bus no matter what resort we’re staying at. I didn’t see any difference between POR and any other resort other than all the stops but it wasn’t a big deal. We try to relax on vacation and not worry about the things we can’t control, doesn’t always work but we try.

we stayed at POFQ last November - shared a bus most times with POR. It does NOT take that long to go around the POR resort. Alot of the times our bus was not even full. Sometimes some had to stand, but remember on the trip back to resorts. POFQ gets off first and alot of seats free up for the rest of the ride.

I would just take the nearest stop to your room and not worry about it. I loved POFQ just for the buses, if not for the resort!

sometimes,depeding where your room is it is just best to find the nearest depot,during certain timesof the day the south depot is the first stop sometimes its the last,POR has 4 stops …if at anytime you wait longer than normal,ask a bus driver to call dispatch and inform them of the discrepancy…in my years of staying there,there have been times when the busses are spotty ,but for the most part they are great