Best counter service restaurants

Going to DW in about a month. Never been before. Have free Disney Dining Plan. I have all my Dinner reservations but I wanted to know about good counter service restaurants. I’ve heard it’s good to avoid the pizza at Disney. Will only be doing the 4 parks. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

I have lots of suggestions!

MK:
Columbia Harbor House
Pecos Bills

Epcot:
Tangerine Cafe
Cantina de San Angel
Sunshine Seasons
Lotus Blossom Cafe
Harry Ramsdens Fish and Chips

AK:
Tangerine Cafe
Yak and Yeti

HS:
None.

DTD:
Earl of Sandwich
Wolfgang Pucks Express

Welcome to Mousebuzz first off!!! I hvae been to Wolfgang Puck in Downtown Disney and it is they best all round. But if you are going to the parks I would say for Epcot, sunshine seasons is really good. Morrocco’s Tangerine(sp) cafe is really good as well. MK, I would say Columbia Harbour house is really good. Also, Pesco’s bill and Ray’s Starlite Cafe is good for the variety. I don’t have much exp. with AK and definetly not anything I can think of for HS. I know others may have some suggestions for AK and HS.

AK - Yak & Yedi - Love everything on that menu!
MK - Columbia Harbour House - We’ve always been able to get seating upstairs, and it’s fun to people watch from a bird’s eye view.
Epcot - Yakitori House - We go every year…I can’t say it’s the absolute best Japanese food we’ve ever had, but for counter service at WDW we really like it. Sit outside in the garden…very peaceful, and it’s a nice break in the middle of the day.

Oh yah - HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! I’m feeling the magic for you already! The first time is so memorable!

Cosmic Rays (hands down) in MK, Flametree in AK, and IMHO the best food court in WDW–Sunshine Seasons in EP.

Not crazy about any CS in HS.

(I do like the Saki at Yakitori House and Spaten Optimater at Sommerfest.)

[QUOTE=gingles;985148]Cosmic Rays (hands down) in MK, Flametree in AK, and IMHO the best food court in WDW–Sunshine Seasons in EP.

Not crazy about any CS in HS.[/QUOTE]

Took the words right out of my mouth!:laugh:

We really like Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays at MK. We have decided though because of all the good reviews we would try the Columbia Harbor House on our September trip. At Epcot, we really love Sunshine Seasons. Then there is HS and AK. I can always find something to eat, but there is no place I would really recommend.

Have a great trip!!!

Columbia Harbour House - MK
Flame Tree BBQ - AK
Cantina de San Angel - Epcot
Rosie’s All American Cafe
Libery Inn - Epcot

We eat the usual American Grill stuff(Chicken/Burgers) , unless were in the mood for something different (as in a big ol’ beer) from anywhere. In May we did the Flame Tree BBQ and it was suprisingly good (After hearing some bad reviews)

[QUOTE=WALL;985184]Columbia Harbour House - MK
Flame Tree BBQ - AK
Cantina de San Angel - Epcot
Rosie’s All American Cafe
Libery Inn - Epcot

We eat the usual American Grill stuff(Chicken/Burgers) , unless were in the mood for something different (as in a big ol’ beer) from anywhere. In May we did the Flame Tree BBQ and it was suprisingly good (After hear some bad reviews)[/QUOTE]

Hey do you know if they’ll give you extra BBQ sauce for the cold sandwiches (like turkey) at FT. If so then we’re there! Sorry, only food experience we have at AK is Rainforest since that’s always been a split day w/waterparks.

All my favorites have been covered so I have nothing to add~ just wanted to welcome you to mouzebuzz!!

You do want to avoid the pizza. I do not know why the pizza is so lousy but it is. And it seems to be the same pizza every where you go so don’t risk it.

My favorites would be like the Electric Umbrella at Epcot because I love the cheesecake with strawberry sauce for desert…yumm…But I also like the Lotus Blossom Cafe…mmmmm orange chicken.

I like Peco’s Bill at MK because of the toppings bar and the chili cheese fries are delicious.

No one said much about the AK which I always have a hard time finding something to eat there but I ate at the Flame Tree BBQ once and it wasn’t great but much better than the pizza at Pizzafari.

HS does not have the best food choices either but you can usually find something at Rosie’s All American Cafe or even the Backlot Express has some different options.

Welcome to MouseBuzz. You’ve got great suggestions here already. However, IMHO, the most important question has remained unasked: Will you have young children with you? Teens? Adults only? This can drastically change your outlook on what would make a good CS!

I might be mistaken but I thought I saw a BBQ dispenser at the condiment area. Just like Ketchup, they had the little cups to fill… I could have sworn I saw one.

In MK Peco Bill, AK I heard good reviews of picnic in the park but never tried it. Flame Tree BBQ was real good. In HS I have only tried Backlot Express and it wasn’t bad. In Epcot San Angel for Mexican, the CS in England for Fish and Chips. Hope this helps.

Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. It was one of the best meals we had all week, and the service was incredible!!!

My DW loves Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway and Wolfgang Express

My DS loves Pepper Market at the Coronado Resort

Mine would be Cosmic Rays or Lotus Blossom in China

My husband and I loved Earl of Sandwich in DTD. It was one of our favorites.

For us we like

MK~
Cosmic Rays. My Daughter loves the ribs

Epcot~
Sunshine Seasons has some really good grinders

HS~
We love Pizza planet. I guess because I love Toy Story. Pizza in Disney doesnt bother us. We dip it in ranch:closedeye

AK~
Ive done Flame Tree BBQ 2 times. Once was out of this world good and the other was so gross:blow:

DTD~
Earl has some great choices. I love the BLT.
I want to try wolfgang pucks while there in Sept. alot of MBers has some great reviews of that place.

Welcome to Mouse Buzz!!
Some of our favorites are:
AK: Yak & Yeti
EP: Le Cantina in Mexico
HS: ABC Commissary
MK: Col. Harb. House
DD: Earl of Sandwich