Best Counter Service?

I know there are probably similar threads, but wanted to check with everyone what they feel is the best deal counter service wise using the Dining Plan. We are getting DDP this next trip (splurging) and I have all the sit downs settled, but in the mist of things while we are at the parks, we usually end up with burgers or wraps. I want to try new counter service locations that offer a better meal. To do that, I’m looking at everyones suggestions, and then will make up a little “cheat sheet” to keep with myself at the parks so when we are ready for lunch or breakfast at counter service, will be able to look up your suggestions and try new things.

MK- Columbia House
EP- Try one of the countries in World Showcase you do not get at home
HS- good luck
AK- Flame Tree

Columbia Harbour House, Sunshine Seasons, and Earl of Sandwich.

I agree. Along with Boulangerie Bakery in the Franch Pavillion (croissant sandwiches, fruit, cheese and baguettes), Kringla Bakery in Norway - great variety of sandwiches. Yak & Yeti at AK. Wolfgang Puck Express at the Marketplace.

MK Columbia Harbour House
AK Pizza Place - forget the name
HS Pizza Planet
Epcot - I have to agree with any of the countries

Downtown - Earl or Wolfgang Puck Express

We go to Columbia Harbour House often too, the tuna sandwiches are great. The other counter services we frequent are Sunshine Seasons (EPCOT), Cosmic Ray’s (chicken or rib platters are good), Yak & Yeti (AK), Tangierine Cafe (EPCOT) & Wolfgang Puck Express. If we are in the Studios park we usually leave & get lunch elsewhere 'cause the counter service is so bad.

I don’t like any CS in MK or HS.:closedeye
EP-Boulangerie Bakery in the French Pavilion (love their quiche!)
AK-Yak and Yeti (yummy honey chicken)
Downtown Disney has the best CS hands down–Wolfgang Puck Express on the Marketplace side. It is great!

Last summer we used the QS DDP and we left MK a couple of times and took the monorail to the Contemporary and ate at Contempo. It was good–not my favorite, but better than anything that we could get in MK in our opinions. :happy:

I have been thinking about that croissant sandwich for weeks, it is sooo good. The bakery is going to be one of our first stops this summer.

I like Peco’s Bill’s.

I found that Sunshine Seasons gives you alot of food and alot to choose from. There desserts are awsome. Their portions sizes seem to be more than enough. MK, Rays Starlight Cafe is good. DTD,Earl and WGP are awesome.

I agree and will be getting one tomorrow afternoon for lunch.

These are some of our favorite QS places:

MK - Pecos Bills
EC - Mexico, China, Morrocco, United Kingdom
HS - Rosie’s Cafe, Catalina Eddie’s, Fairfax Fare
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
Marketplace - Wolfgang Puck Express
Resorts - Coronado’s Pepper Mill

Okay, now I’m hungry!!

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House / Cosmic Ray’s (2nd)
Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ / Pizzafari (2nd)
Hollywood Studios - Really nothing there!
Epcot - La Cantina De San Angel (Hello Margarita’s!!!)

You are so lucky. I can’t believe we’ve been going to WDW for years and hadn’t tried one until last summer.

It’s a mystery to me why they haven’t done anything about the HS counterservice. It’s TERRIBLE! The only thing which was reasonably ok was the Cuban Sandwich at the Commissary - and they’ve taken that off the menu. We got stuck there for lunch last trip (didn’t feel like leaving the park). I ended up with a hot dog. With those annoying little packets where you can only squeeze out half the mustard or relish.:glare:

If you want a snack there, however, go to the bookstop for a carrot cake cookie - fantastic.

[QUOTE=llama;1015724]It’s a mystery to me why they haven’t done anything about the HS counterservice. It’s TERRIBLE! The only thing which was reasonably ok was the Cuban Sandwich at the Commissary - and they’ve taken that off the menu. We got stuck there for lunch last trip (didn’t feel like leaving the park). I ended up with a hot dog. With those annoying little packets where you can only squeeze out half the mustard or relish.:glare:

If you want a snack there, however, go to the bookstop for a carrot cake cookie - fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Seriously true- HS counter service is awful. The kids eat a churro for a snack and then we leave the park for something else to eat.

Hmmm,

MK- Columbia Harbour House or Peco’s Bill (thats where we always eat!) Aside from CHH, in MK they are all pretty equal.
HS- PIZZA PLANET, hands down. A close second is Rosie the Rivetters.
EPCOT- in FW, Electric Umbrella<3 (I will always love this place! :laugh:). In the WS, pretty much ANY CS is delicious. Personal favorites, Japan and Mexico!
AK- We usually eat at The Dinosaur McDonalds. It’s nothing special food wise, but we all love it. Although I’ve never eaten there, I hear Yak and Yeti is really good!

MK - Columbia Harbour House!!! we eat there almost everytime!
EC - I would go to a country that you normally wouldn’y eat at!
AK - Pizzafari
HS - Pizza Planet… its good but not great… if you like pizza I would go to Pizzafari over Pizza Planet anyday!

DITTO!!! :wub:

I’d like to add the turkey brie sandwich at Artist Palette, as well…

EPCOT - We really like the fish and chips in England.

HS - We thought we were just making bad choices!