Best Day for Each Park

I may have dreamed this up, but I thought the Unofficial Guide had suggestions of which days to go to which parks. Does anyone have this information? I can’t find it anywhere in my guide.

I believe that you can also find this information at touringplans.com. I’ve used their crowd calendar in the past and it’s been very helpful.

I really wouldn’t put to much faith in that as it’s not always correct. I love the unoffical guide, but don’t think this part of it’s accurate. It’s really simple…if you use EMH in the AM, go to that park and hop to another one at lunch. If you avoid EMH, don’t go near the park that is hosting AM or PM EMH as they get crowded. The guide more or less steers you away from the parks that host EMH and that’s it.

Great tip! And go to the back of the park first . . . save the pictures near the main entrance for later in the day! Like at MK sometimes I swear everyone is on Main Street, cuz we’ll get to the back of the park and it’s like “Where’d everyone go?”

We used the touring plans guide for our recent trip in December. When I came back, I couldn’t believe the amount of trip reviews I read saying the parks were crowded. We had only one crowded day, and totally expected it. It was the day they filmed the Christmas Day Parade at the MK.

We were able to standby Toy Story Mania, twice, in the same day for less than 35 minutes.

Thanks for the tips!

My only suggestion is to stay away from the Magic Kingdom on weekends. I believe it is the bussiest.

• Justin

I have also heard never go to MK on Mondays and it’s good to hit EMH parks during the EMH’s but then go to the park that had the EMH the day before since most people will have already been there.

I have the frommer recommendations:
busiest days are Sat and Sun because that is when the locals come to the parks; Mon,Thurs and Sat hectic at MK, Tues and Fri at Epcot, Sun and Wed at HS, and Mon, Tues and Wed at AK
That is what the book says. I do know Mk always seems to be busy on Mon since most people come in on the weekend and like to start with this park.

[QUOTE=LAURENGOLD;922395]We used the touring plans guide for our recent trip in December. When I came back, I couldn’t believe the amount of trip reviews I read saying the parks were crowded. We had only one crowded day, and totally expected it. It was the day they filmed the Christmas Day Parade at the MK.

We were able to standby Toy Story Mania, twice, in the same day for less than 35 minutes.[/QUOTE]

which day do they tape that always wondered.

When we first started going to DW often, about 25 years ago, I always used unofficial guide plan. It was fantastic and always saved us a lot of line time and crowd control. My family thought I was the Disney Gestapo directing them this way and that. Now, that we have been so many times I can let up a little…lol. I used to be determined that we did everything possible to do! Mostly, I remember it said to avoid MK at the first of the week because everyone who arrives on the weekend wants to go there first.

This year it was December 5th and 6th. We were there on the 6th and saw Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus.

Where do you order the book at?

You can order the Unofficial Guide from Amazon, buy it at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.

On our last trip, the guide was spot on for crowd predictions.

whichever park has extra magic hours on I would say avoid as those parks get a lot busier on these days. I think Allears has some info on this?

[QUOTE=lovemysons;922926]You can order the Unofficial Guide from Amazon, buy it at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc.

On our last trip, the guide was spot on for crowd predictions.[/QUOTE]

Cool! I most definetly will have to order this book!

My one trip was July 4th week of 07’ and I planned like crazy to avoid crowds and get the most for my money (btw I used the park capacity predictor). I got there and my planned changed quickly. EVERYONE tries to get to rope drop at the parks and use Morning EMH. So, as of day 2 we avoided parks with morning EMH, I just wasn’t going to start another rushed and in a hurry. Then at around 3:00pm we would leave…go shower…maybe cat nap…and then hit the parks with Evening EMH (luckily I had already reserved dining plans at the parks with Evening EMH). Evening EMH’s seemed to be ALOT less crowded than morning EMH at times although there were nights it was still packed. We would then go back to resort and CRASH and sleep late - 9am or so and start over. What I found was that the 1 day we did morning EMH, I was grumpy b/c I was tired, which instantly doubled the park capacity…and when I slept in and hit Evening EMH…I was not rushed and I was rested, which instantly shrank the capacity. So my general rules.

1. Avoid MK on Holidays and Saturdays (which we didn’t do-I just wanted to be there on the 4th-but we left that night to go to Epcot)

2. Hit Evening EMH and don’t stress Morning EMH.

3. On Holidays and Saturdays you might want to hit Epcot…big park and will disperse the crowd just by having such a huge space to cover.

Yes, I got my capacity predictor from AllEars.com