BEST "Decade" in Pop Century?

Hi! :happy:

I would like your comments… I’m going to Pop Century for the first time and I would like to best the best “spots”. Is there any extra fee when you REQUEST to be in a specific “decade” area? :confused:

Thank you!!!

There are preferred rooms which are closer to the main hall and pools, and those are a little more! Folks here will fill you in on the best centuries! :wub:

We stayed in the 50’s it was perfect.

We stayed in the 70’s building. It was nice because it was in-between the main pool & the computer pool…the only bad thing was our room faced the ‘service road’ so during the day you could hear all the worker people driving through there. but at night, it was nice & quiet.

50’s are considered “preferred” because of their location, but they’re hard to get (and I think about $10 more per night).

I like the 80’s. They’re actually closer to the bus-stop if you walk across the parking lot. They seem quieter too b/c they’re not close to the pools.

Oh thats another thing, our room in the 70’s bldg was pretty close to the bus stops…we just walked out our room, to the left along the parking lot and there we were!!

Welcome to MB and as stated even though I never stayed there yet It seems to us the 50’s or 70’s may be the most prefered locations and at any Disney properties there is a slightly higher charge for Prefered locations.

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;895033]
I like the 80’s. They’re actually closer to the bus-stop if you walk across the parking lot. [/QUOTE]
I agree…I like the 80’s

I loved the 80’s! It was nice and quiet and the computer pool was close by and usually empty.

Incidentally, does anyone know what’s going to happen “across the lake” yet?

The buildings are all there, just empty!
someone when we were there mentioned that they have to be torn down because they arent up to code anymore…that would stink!

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;895033]50’s are considered “preferred” because of their location, but they’re hard to get (and I think about $10 more per night).

I like the 80’s. They’re actually closer to the bus-stop if you walk across the parking lot. They seem quieter too b/c they’re not close to the pools.[/QUOTE]

We were in in the 50’s and it wasn’t considered Preferred. We always go for the standard room.

[QUOTE=tinkfans;895114]The buildings are all there, just empty!
someone when we were there mentioned that they have to be torn down because they arent up to code anymore…that would stink![/QUOTE]

According to the most recent Wikipedia update (Disney’s Pop Century Resort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), Disney is taking bids on construction…

:mickey:

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;895127]According to the most recent Wikipedia update (Disney’s Pop Century Resort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), Disney is taking bids on construction…

:mickey:[/QUOTE]

Cooooool!!! I hope they don’t make ALL the rooms family suites . . . WDW needs more value rooms . . . this last year, “calling on a whim” I never got a room!!

On the otherhand, there are families like mine with grown children that could take the family suite, rather than renting two rooms. So even if they make a bunch of them suites, it should still open up alot more value level rooms.

We stayed in the 60’s building and it was very close to the lobby/food court/gift shop. You just walk through the gift shop to the buses. We got a room around the corner from the pool and it was close to everything but was also nice and quiet.

We’ve stayed at Pop twice and I MUCH prefer to be close to everything, we’ve stayed in 60’s both times and it was awesome. Perfect for an exhausting night after the parks to have your room right there.