Best food plan?

We have rented points for the first time and we’re wondering. What is the best dinner plan for us. If I remember right we wouldn’t be able to use free dining if it were available so what’s the next best thing. We’re going in November if it matters.

Give us a little more info Loretta…are you renting a one or two bedroom with a full kitchen? How many are going? Ages?

Just dh and I are going and we’ll be staying in a studio at OKW. I may make toast or english muffins for our breakfast, but that will be it as far as our little kitchenette. We have two ts meals planned, but rest will be cs, I think. :rolleyes:

It depends on the type of traveler you are. If you have random table service meals and it’s not important to you to have them, go with the counter plan. If you like having once nice, sit-down meal a day, go with the plus dining plan. If you are a foodie and that mainly what you enjoy about vacation, the deluxe dining plan is for you.

Dana hit pretty much everything if you don’t have an Annual Pass.

If so, and you are going to break $400.00 total for sit down meals and adult beverages at the resort and with meals, then consider OOP and the TiW card.

we did too, Loretta. Where are you staying and when?

We’d never take the deluxe - for us it would just be too much food and too much pressure. I like the counter-service for the freedom it gives you, but then you sacrifice nice sit-down dinners. I’d go with the regular dining plan, but double up on some dinners - having a 2 credit meal every other night. That way you have some leeway in your plans, and you get to eat at the nicer restaurants.

OKW studio. We’re going Nov. 7th-14th. Just before you. We had enough ff miles, so the airfare is free. Good thing too because the flight alone would have been over $1000. What with renting points and the free ride, it’s going to be one of our cheaper stays. :happy:

That’s our usual week to go. You will love not seeing lines that are too long, if they even exist and you’ll love the weather. and I hate that we’ll miss each other :pinch:

Should you not be happy with that studio, don’t say it before we go, ok?!

I love the deluxe plan.
No, I loved the deluxe plan. It just is too much food.
I always feel like we have to use all the points so we make ADR’s for a sit down breakfast and a signature dinner. But there are other restaurants that we would like to try and cannot because they are not on the dining plan. At least not the dining plan that we can afford.

Oh how fun!!! :happy:

If you are not going to eat TS every day or double up for signatue meals then go CS or even oop. You really have to use all the TS to get your moneys worth out of the plus plan.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1104019]That’s our usual week to go. You will love not seeing lines that are too long, if they even exist and you’ll love the weather. and I hate that we’ll miss each other :pinch:

Should you not be happy with that studio, don’t say it before we go, ok?!

I love the deluxe plan.
No, I loved the deluxe plan. It just is too much food.
I always feel like we have to use all the points so we make ADR’s for a sit down breakfast and a signature dinner. But there are other restaurants that we would like to try and cannot because they are not on the dining plan. At least not the dining plan that we can afford.[/QUOTE]

Lips are sealed Iris.

I’m thinking, at least for now we’ll go oop for our meals. That could change several times before November. Thanks for all the help my friends.