Best French Toast in WDW?

Hello, I’m looking to find the best “French Toast” in WDW?
prefer not buffet, but something a la carte…
any suggestions?

So I guess the puffed French toast at Crystal Palace is out of consideration then.
I can’t really say where the best ala carte French toast in WDW is. POR’s Boatswright’s was good, but they’ve dropped breakfast.
Maybe Kona Cafe in the Poly would do.

Kina cafe (or in Captain Cook’s) was good, but it was a little different-stuffed with banana, and rolled in cinnamon sugar… YUM!

The Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe is probably the most popular French Toast at WDW - however it’s not “classic” French Toast. It’s French Toast with bananas sandwiched in between, then fried and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.

We do the buffet at Captain’s Grill. (Best eggs Benidict if you ask me). They offer A la carte french toast (not sure if its on the buffet). Have not tried it but have always been please with our breakfast. You may want to at least check it out.

You can get the Tonga toast at Captain Cook’s (Quick service location at the Poly). I love it, but my kids don’t care for the banana…

Tonga Toast looks very yummy… thank you for the information, i think that Kona will be the place… never been, and really want to try it…

Kona serves one of the nicest breakfasts at WDW. Everything is very good, the service is friendly and fast and the atmosphere is very laid back and relaxed. We love it. (they also have just a regular-style French Toast on the menu).

Our favorite breakfast in all of Disney (so far)…the French Toast plate at Cinderella’s Royal Table…I dream it in between trips!:laugh:

I agree this stuff is heaven! I’ve made it at home before also…it’s good but not as good as eating it in WDW.

TOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGAAAAA!!! Honestly, Kona Cafe is the best breakfast at Disney. Period, in my humble yet worthless opinion. LOL. Seriously, Tonga Toast.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1027464]So I guess the puffed French toast at Crystal Palace is out of consideration then.
I can’t really say where the best ala carte French toast in WDW is. POR’s Boatswright’s was good, but they’ve dropped breakfast.
Maybe Kona Cafe in the Poly would do.[/QUOTE]

Oh I agree with you 100%! It is the best at CP. For me why mess with perfection and add banana’s, etc.

In my humble yet worthless opinion too!! It’s our traditional way to start our vacation. Kona - then on to the monorail to the MK. (they have the best sausages, too.:wub:)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1027464]So I guess the puffed French toast at Crystal Palace is out of consideration then.

I have to agree with Soundgod. Boatwright had the best French Toast. I had the recipe, but lost it. :crying:

Tonga! Tonga! Tonga Toast is Yummy!

Yes that puffed stuff at CP is good.
Boatswright’s we liked better but, like soundgod said, they no longer serve breakfast. A fact that makes no sense to me since they were always much busier for breakfast than for dinner :confused:

Funny thing here.
I forgot they serve Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe in place of regular French toast.
I don’t care for banana’s. However, I was sure my wife had gotten regular French toast there, but I’m probably wrong and she may have gotten a waffle?

You guys all know I’m an omelet junkie, right? French toast to me, seems like such an overpriced dish to order ala carte.

Most of the servers we’ve had at Kona have been excellent and attentive.
The “worst” we’ve experienced is very good.:blush:

Recipe - Tonga Toast

Ingredients:

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
1 banana
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
oil or shortening for frying
whipped butter and/or syrup

Method:

Cut a 1-inch pocket in one side of each bread slice. Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise. Remove peel and stuff two pieces of fruit in each pocket of bread; set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Mix together well the egg, milk and vanilla.

Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350º F. Dip stuffed bread into egg/milk mixture and let it soak a few seconds to let penetrate bread. Fry bread on both sides in hot oil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels or wire rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve.

All I read was TONGA TOAST…:wub::wub::wub: Aweosme!