Best half day park?

I am travelling down to WDW Sept 11-19. We arrive on the Friday at 11:24 PM. Before you can say it, I agree, it’s a sucky time to get there but I got a good deal on the flight so beggers can’t be choosers. At least, that’s what I tell myself lol.

We won’t get to our hotel (POP) until probably close to 1-130 AM and we will obviously be tired. There is no way we are going to be getting up for rope drop the next morning so I need some expert advice.

What park will be the best to do on a late rising morning? I am thinking AK. I would pick Hlooywood Studios but I’m scared that the FP for TSM will be gone by the time we get there. I guess it does also depend on what the Fantasmic schedule is too. I want to try to get a tentative schedule together for ADR but without the park hours it’s pretty hard. I have park hoppers so I guess that makes it a bit easier. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kim

I agree, I think AK is the best 1/2 day park.

I would have to agree with AK. Definetly a half day park.

I agree with you…AK is probably the best one to go to because of all the shows and other rides that don’t really need a FP.
However, it is possible to do a quick afternoon/evening at MK just riding all the rides with shorter lines and taking in the atmosphere. Also, at MK there are more likely to be lots of FP’s left for the big ticket attractions. Just a thought.

I think AK is a great park for half day BUT we always do MK for out 1st day park no whatter what time we get there. We may see you there as we will be there Sept 10 to 20th at POP

I can’t not go to MK on my first day, but many times we hit a water park on our first day - we like to relax in the shady decks at TL and ease into our vacation. We save the major parks for the next days when we have more energy. Just a thought - Sept. is still very hot and the water parks rock.

[QUOTE=kimblebee;962509]I am travelling down to WDW Sept 11-19. We arrive on the Friday at 11:24 PM. Before you can say it, I agree, it’s a sucky time to get there but I got a good deal on the flight so beggers can’t be choosers. At least, that’s what I tell myself lol.

We won’t get to our hotel (POP) until probably close to 1-130 AM and we will obviously be tired. There is no way we are going to be getting up for rope drop the next morning so I need some expert advice.

What park will be the best to do on a late rising morning? I am thinking AK. I would pick Hlooywood Studios but I’m scared that the FP for TSM will be gone by the time we get there. I guess it does also depend on what the Fantasmic schedule is too. I want to try to get a tentative schedule together for ADR but without the park hours it’s pretty hard. I have park hoppers so I guess that makes it a bit easier. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kim[/QUOTE]
I bet that once at Disney, you’ll be up early to not miss even a minute of the fun. Just wait and see :wink:
Having said that, there really isn’t a 1/2 day park. I guess AK might be but not from where I sit.

OMGosh, :ohmy: I would not have that kind of will power unless I got to spend a month like Dixie does

The only problem with this is you have to PLAN the day around the shows if you want to see them all . . . so if you are too late, you will miss a lot of them. Since they mostly have two am shows and two pm shows with a break in the middle of the day.

IMHO- any park can be a half day . . . it just depends on what you want to see/do/accomplish on that day. :happy:

I agree with HS, if you want a TSM FP then you must be there at rope drop!

A good tip: Go to the park that had EMH the night before, sometimes the crowds are a little lighter at that park the following am.

I say MK. AK tends to close a little earlier unless it’s PM EMH. But maybe I’m just biased because AK is my least favorite park.:blush::laugh:

Thanks for all the great advice. I’m now thinking of maybe hitting AK til it closes and just have an early evening. I don’t plan on seeing all the shows that are available but that may change when my daughter has a say in it lol. I have a 5 day park hopper pass so if worse comes to worse we can travel from park to park one day seeing all the shows.

I go early Sept. so I’ll grab a show schedule then. Just pm and remind me and I’ll send you the list so you can plan around it.

Thanks so much! That would be great.

What about a water park, you could do half a day there?

I would go to MK, we always have good luck getting a lot done when we arrive late in the day. There’s so many attractions that tend to have shorter lines so we always feel like we got a lot out of the day. If nothing else there’s so much magic to soak up that you won’t even notice if you don’t do a lot of rides.

I find that AK is a half day park but it’s best if you go first thing in the morning so you can take in all the shows.

Might I suggest Islands of Adventure?

The few weeks after labor day the parks are very empty. It is hot still but gee the empty parks make you forget about the heat and humidity (really just put on sun block and drink plenty of water – which of course will make you have to pee, which in turn will cause you to go to the nice cool bathrooms).

Half day park I would say AK but if the crowds are low don’t be afraid to tackle MK (I once did all 4 parks in 1 and half days the weekend after labor day. I rode all the major attractions…a few twice).

Also remember that Sept/Oct are the heart of hurricane season. You will probably not encounter a hurricane but might have to deal with rain…bring rain gear (poncho, water proof bag, ziplock for cell phones, etc).

[QUOTE=kimblebee;962509]I am travelling down to WDW Sept 11-19. We arrive on the Friday at 11:24 PM. Before you can say it, I agree, it’s a sucky time to get there but I got a good deal on the flight so beggers can’t be choosers. At least, that’s what I tell myself lol.

Kim[/QUOTE]

I agree that AK is the best 1/2 day park

We’ve also done a half day at Epcot and just didn’t do the World Showcase. It seemed to work well. Our flight got in at a similar time to yours and we hopped on the bus as soon as we checked in (room wasn’t ready). We were the only people on the bus to Epcot!! It also worked well because it was a rainy afternoon and there’s alot to do at Epcot inside.

Epcot is my fav here. With the exception of Soarin and Test track, there really is no rush for anything. Future world gets easier after everyone heads to WS for dinner reservations and the fireworks.

It kind of depends. If you are staying more than 4 days for parks, than anyone can be a half-day park if you are going to hit it again later in the week. I agree that if the half-day is the only day you are going to make it to that particular park, that AK is the best option (I can hear all the Disney podcasters I listen to cringing because I just said AK is a ‘half-day’ park) BUT my kids are still little and not animal crazy quite yet. Bribren makes a good point about Epcot, but just like TSM, the FPs will probably be gone by the time you get there.