Best "little known" things to do at WDW

so let me have it ~ what are some of the best “little-known” or relatively “unknown” activities at WDW? I was reading about the Chip & Dale campfire & thought, wow, there’s probably all kinds of cool, low-cost or free stuff like this that our family doesn’t even know about…we really want this trip to be all about making memories & enjoying our time with each other so let me hear what you’ve done with your families…
:wub:

Horseback riding and fishing are things I’ve done.
There is parasailing (sp) at CR, and Tom Petty’s Driving experience.
Just a few things off the top of my head, all are not cheap.
Go to Disneyworld.com and check it out for other things to do.

Kim Possible - FREE!!!

Id have to say the mini-golf! It wasn’t something we had done until last trip and it was one of the best afternoons of the whole trip!

Is this at Epcot? We noticed some kids doing something with it last year but not sure of the details~ I’ll check on WDW website~ is it like a scavenger hunt? :confused:

One of ours is walking along the Boardwalk at night when the performers are out.

yes at EPCOT

Oh, I found the Boardwalk this last trip - We loved it. and then walking through that back gate at EPCOT was SWEEEEET, considering the crowds we were dealing with at CHristmas.

Actually, from our last trip I have a picture of myself next to the scoreboard with the lowest score of the day!

We went to see the horses at Fort Wilderness. That was a highlight. The stable hand was great to talk with, and of course, the horses are a beautiful sight to see.

[QUOTE=joseph3947;1032192]Horseback riding and fishing are things I’ve done.
There is parasailing (sp) at CR, and Tom Petty’s Driving experience.
Just a few things off the top of my head, all are not cheap.
Go to Disneyworld.com and check it out for other things to do.[/QUOTE]

It’s Richard Petty, but that is an awesome faux pas! I got tickled with that one. LOL. I would probably make the same mistake, but now I have this vision of Tom Petty driving a Nascar going “Into the great wide open, under them stars of blue!” Love that!

Where is the boardwalk located? We are down to a few days before our trip, and am looking forward to a nice stroll in warm weather.

It is the Boardwalk Resort. You will love the atmosphere at night.

Naked fountain hopping.

(As long as it’s not “pool-hopping”.:ohmy::eek:

Mine is sitting at Germany (Sommerfest) knocking off a couple of tall Spaten’s and watching the crowd go by while the girls are over shopping at Japan.

So that was YOU? :laugh:

Our favourite low cost thing to do is wait until Wishes is over grab some cokes and a bench and watch everyone panic when they see how long the bus lines are!!! On a good night the water parade happens too so while everyone else is trying to make a mad dash back to their resorts we have a great time crowd watching!!!

There is gate between France and England at EPCOT that you can walk out of and either walk (looking for the stroll - it is definitely walkable) or take the boat.

Thanks! We’ll be sure to check this out in a few days:happy:

[QUOTE=3DisneyDivas;1032190]so let me have it ~ what are some of the best “little-known” or relatively “unknown” activities at WDW? I was reading about the Chip & Dale campfire & thought, wow, there’s probably all kinds of cool, low-cost or free stuff like this that our family doesn’t even know about…we really want this trip to be all about making memories & enjoying our time with each other so let me hear what you’ve done with your families…
:wub:[/QUOTE]

We LOVE the campfire. We take the boat form MK stop by the stables and then walk to the campfire. Bring your own sticks and smores kits though, they are $8 at the campfire (feeds 4) sticks are .75¢ each.

Another fun thing is the “hair dos” at the barber shop on Main Street. For $6 +tip, girls get a ponytail with colored hair gel and pixie dust, Boys get a faux hawk with colored gels and pixie dust (way cheaper then BBB) and my girls LOVE it!