Best Moderate resort?

Hi,
I’ve stayed at CBR and Port Orleans FQ and RS. My favorive of those 3 is FQ but I’m debating on whether to save the money and go value this year or try another mod resort. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I dont know much about the mods, but I just wanted to welcome you to DC.

I would go with the moderate more specifically POFQ. I loved my stay there. It was the best customer service I have ever received on WDW property.

Thank you!

Yes the FQ was my favorite also. I’m hearing nice things about CS and they are starting a shuttle service within the resort for convenience to the guests.

Honestly, I find that resort just a tad to large for my taste. If they have a shuttle that would make it a bit easier and quicker to get from one place to another…the place is monster size…lol Where are my manners? Welcome to Disney Central. :heart:

Good question I was wondering the same thing or to bite the bullet and pay the money for a deluxe.

I’ve stayed at both CB and Coronado Springs and they were both pretty nice. I’ve never stayed at Port Orleans though. For me, I don’t really see much of a difference between them and say, Pop Century though… It’s just a place to sleep for me…

The big difference to me is when you move up from Value or Mod to Deluxe. That’s when you can really see the difference…

Oh…and welcome to DC Mremail…

Do you feel value and mod offer pretty much the same thing in terms of rooms and atmosphere?

We love CSR!

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and even offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR offers a salon, a spa, a gym that other moderates or values do not offer. CSR offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages. Again, it is not a perfect system but it is something not offered at other resorts. CSR also offers a full menu room service.

CSR has terrific transportation. It is not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 8 at CBR).

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, a playground and kiddie pool at the main pool area, something for each age group.

Good luck deciding!

IMO…mod’s have better atmosphere/theme and I know the rooms are at least a little larger. Also I believe they offer more options for food.

Yes, I agree. The atmosphere is not quite as “crazy” as the Values, either. We’ve stayed at all the moderates and my favourite was FQ, no contest. It’s been quite a while since we stayed at CS, but I found the “convention” feel a little less “Disney” than the other mods. And = Welcome to DC!

To me, the rooms at the POFQ were about the same as the ASSports. But the rooms at the CR were much bigger. We loved the atmosphere and the pool at the POFQ the best. But we did save a lot of money staying at the ASSports on our last trip. Other than the pool not having a slide, we were fine with everthing. I was so afraid I was going to be disappointed, but I wasn’t at all. If I wanted to save money, I would have no problem staying at a value again. It’s still at Disney and very Disney-themed.

If you are renting a car, CBR seemed the way to go for us. We’ve stayed at CBR several times and looked at the other resorts. All the other Mods had parking that seemed too far away from the rooms.

I still want to stay at POR. If only I can convince DH:(

Welcome to DC, Mremail1964. Can’t give you too much advice like these veteran DCers, but we stayed at CBR last year and it was really nice. We’re trying CSR this year. I read it’s only about a 1 mile walk all the way around the lake. That’s not so bad. We’re trying to get a room in Cabanas to be a little closer to the main building, theme pool, and bus stop.

So you’re from Sayreville?!? I grew up in S.R right over the Causeway bridge! Moved out as soon as I graduated college, though.

I was actually going to suggest that as well. Why not try one you haven’t stayed at?

Welcome to D.C. We stayed in a mod last year and from what information I have seen on values it seemes to be like the difference between a hotel and a motel. Avalue might seem good for saving money but if you spend any time at all in your room or hanging around the resort the difference might be worth it.

We’re giving Coronado Springs a try this trip. We’ve stayed at CBR, POR, AKL. We’ve loved all three. AKL is a deluxe resort, of course and is incredibly beautiful. The thing I understand to be true about Coronado Springs is that, though you pay moderate prices, you get some deluxe amenities due to the convention crowd. I’ve also heard people say that the busses are less crowded because of the conventioneers. Don’t know if that’s true yet, will know better in a couple weeks.

Welcome to DC!!! It’s a great place to hang out