Best month to go?

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone had any idea which the best month to go would be between Jan, Feb or March. We were planning on going in Oct however I will be going back to university to take an extra semester so a fall trip is out of the question. We will be going for 10 days to do disney, universal and sea world so were trying to figure out which month would have the lowest crowds.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Puremagic;1133456]Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone had any idea which the best month to go would be between Jan, Feb or March. We were planning on going in Oct however I will be going back to university to take an extra semester so a fall trip is out of the question. We will be going for 10 days to do disney, universal and sea world so were trying to figure out which month would have the lowest crowds.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

…I think it depends on a lot of different factors. If you don’t mind if it gets cold, January has been a good time to go for us—crowd wise. It has been cold a few times though—very very cold so we decided that we would not go back during the winter. But that’s us. If you don’t mind taking a chance on cold, the crowds were definitely down the times we went in January.

On the other hand—when you get to March—spring breaks start so you can get back into larger crowds again…

It’s just what you want to “deal with”…good luck planning. I understand having to work around schedules. That’s why we never have a set time to go anymore.

I would recommend late January to early February, after MLK’s birthday but before President’s Day. Splash may be closed for rehab, but you’ll be there before Spring Break begins.

The cold definitely doesn’t bother us lol were from Ontario, and our temps up here are between -30 and -40 degrees Celsius. We have been during December before and the temps were perfect for us :). Would much rather avoid the crowds!

…lol…then definitely go in January or February! A lot of people want to use the pools and although they are heated, we have been in January when the canals froze over so thats definitely too cold for ME to swim!! :laugh:

The holiday crowds go home after the first week in January, and we have found the parks to be really nice crowd wise from about Jan 5th on…

…Oh and it’s not always cold…most years it has been in the 70’s during the day—60’s at night—sweater weather. You just have to be prepared for cold because sometimes it does dip down…we were not prepared the year that it was below freezing–but after that we learned to be prepared. :happy:

I echo post holiday in January through February. March does start the Spring break crowd from the 2nd or 3rd week of March into the 3rd week of April. And if Easter is in March the week before and after are busy.

As too weather, we have had temps ranging from highs into the 80’s to lows into the 30’s. One Februaury we were in shorts the whole trip, the next year at the end of March we had to wear jackets and/or sweatshirts the whole time. No pools that trip.

I like January personally, but February is perfectly awesome as well. Stay away from Martin Luther King holiday in January and Presidents holiday in February.

I would say sometime in Feb. would be my choice out of the three. March being last because of Spring Break.

Jan/Feb by far has the emptiest parks. I would have to say though that we like late September and early December though because we can do the Halloween party or the Christmas party. Both times are empty and we can still do something different. Out of your months though, February for sure, despite the short days.

I read somewhere that there were a lot of tour groups in January this year. Not sure if that’s the norm or not. March does have spring break, but many schools follow close to Easter so it really does vary depending on what date Easter is on.

My personal vote would be for the first weeks of January - perhaps starting around the 3rd until MLK Day, or the first two weeks of February.

Love January. IF you get there early in the month you can check out the tail end of the Christmas decorations.

I would also suggest late Jan to early Feb. It does seem to get busy around President’s Day weekend.

I was there in March 2008, it was pretty busy due to Spring Breaks.

I would say Jan or Feb and not around a holiday, just be ready for some chilly nights, if you are coming from the North than it won’t be as cold to you.

I was there in Feb 2009 for ESPN Weekend, it was pretty nice overall, had one overcast chilly day

The first week of January after the New Years crowd leaves is nice. Probably the emptiest i have ever seen the parks. If you go later in Jan remember marathon weekend will cause the crowds to increase.

I would personally vote for late April into May. The weather is beautiful, warm enough to swim day and night, your not melting like the summer months and best you can come home with the beginnings of your summer tan lol… Being from Ontario the best time we had was in May, the only thing was one day we were there and MK was shut down for high school grad’s. Didn’t mean a big deal to me since we just did Animal Kingdom (extra magic hours there that night) and came back to the rsort for a late night swim…

I agree!! The weekend before MLK can be crowded but when we were there in 2008, 2009 and 2010 it had cleared out A LOT by Wednesday of that week afterwards. Even the Tuesday aftr was a lot better. However, the weekend beore MLK is marathon weekend…so keep that in mind. January weather is a mixed bag…we have been ther freezing is 35 degree weather and on separate trips it was 70 and lovely.

Never been in February…but aside from Presidnets day I hear it is ideal.

As for March…dont go anytime around Easter…Oh My! The crowds were awful and that is NOT my cup of tea!!

Im a big fan of the beginning of September. The north east kids just went back to school and the south east kids have been in about 3 weeks. Its “dead” down there.