Best of the Value resorts?

Hello fellow MB’ers…

In your opinions, out of the 3 All-Star resorts, and Pop Century, which would you recommend for a couple with no children. This coming year, we are staying at POFQ…in the future, however, we are starting to consider the value of saving money as opposed to having a place with more amenities to rest our bones at night.

Thanks!!

I would recommend POP. We have stayed there several times, and my whole family enjoys it. We stayed at ASMo last summer, and we didn’t like it as much. The resort itself was fine, but the bus system for All Stars was a disappointment.

We are also a couple with no children and out of the 4 value resorts, we prefer Pop Century. We only stayed at the All Stars once and my DH absolutely refuses to stay there ever again. We’ve stayed at Pop twice now and are looking at booking a trip there this May. The bus service at Pop is much better and overall I think the resort is just a lot cleaner and brighter.

Pop, it’s so much better than the all-stars; and it has it’s own bus stop (no sharing with the other values).

Another vote for Pop century. It is nicer, cleaner, newer and a little quieter.

I would say Pop, even though I have never stayed there… I can just tell you that on MB over the years, Pop has seemed to have a huge bunch of fans!

POP is ours.

POP, hands down!

POP!! We are also a couple without children. We like POP more than the other values.

I stayed at Music way back, it was ok. If I were to pick a Value I’d pick Music or Pop. Sports just doesn’t appeal to me at all. We’re hooked on POFQ and dh is adamant about Mod or Deluxe only, so if we can’t afford either, then there is no trip for this family. Secretly I kind of agree, but not so secretly I’m yelling “But I’ll stay anywhere as long as it means DISNEY!” :ph34r:

Definately POP!!!

I have stayed at all but music and by far i love POP

I have priced out staying at a Value over staying at POFQ and it doesn’t make much of a difference money wise so I wouldn’t ever plan on staying at a value. I figure if I have to pay extra for a preferred room and then extra for a fridge than there really is no point. I remember going down last time and waiting for a bus to get to our resort and looking over at the lines to get back to a value and it made me shutter. The lines were much much longer than the POFQ line every time.

That being said, before we got hooked on POFQ we did look at staying at a value and out of all of them we thought POP would be the one we’d stay at. But in the end our agent and us all agreed that POFQ was the best value out of all of them.

POP CENTURY!!

:laugh: HANDS DOWN! It has the best everything in Value Resorts! My family loves everything about the resort. And that age range spands from 1-50 years old. The best bus transportation (never late in our experience, and only rarely do they fill up, usually in the mornings) Best counter service food court. If you decide to stay try and get the 50’s decade! It’s the Lady and the Tramp one. It’s really close to the main building but still far enough away where you feel a little secluded and relaxed! 70’s is a mob scene! (the one right outside the main lobby) While they have a very neat pool, and poolside bar it still is close enough to 50’s for you to walk over there and use that pool as well! :]

If you have any questions, I’d be glad to help!

[QUOTE=InHouseMouse;1016813]I have priced out staying at a Value over staying at POFQ and it doesn’t make much of a difference money wise so I wouldn’t ever plan on staying at a value. I figure if I have to pay extra for a preferred room and then extra for a fridge than there really is no point. I remember going down last time and waiting for a bus to get to our resort and looking over at the lines to get back to a value and it made me shutter. The lines were much much longer than the POFQ line every time.
.[/QUOTE]

We will need a fridge in our room for as long as I can tell anyways. Plus with the money we’d save on b-fast and snacks/drinks by having a fridge, it all kinda of evens out. POFQ is much quieter than a Value from what I’ve seen personally, plus heard from others.

But they are festive and fun looking I’ll give them that.

I LOOOVVVEEE POP. We’ve stayed there twice. Great both times.

That being said. We stayed at POFQ the last time because POP didn’t have anything available for the free dining when we were going. I also really liked POFQ. I like the atmosphere of POP better - gives more of the disney feeling with the oversized icons. But, I loved the dressing area in the room of POFQ and the bus there was amazing. Leave MK after fireworks or epcot after illuminations - no wait! You’re not even like sardines in a can on the bus.

and the boat ride to DTD is so relaxing and enjoyable compared to the buses and I think it is actually shorter time wise.

Both times we stayed at Pop we have had nothing but wonderful things to say!!! We always stayed in the 50’s section (the bowling ball pool was great for a quiet swim!) and the mousekeeping was excellent!!

Thanks everyone!!! Certainly sounds like POP, hands-down, if we do decide to go Value resort next time…because we stay for 2 weeks when we go, the money off would start to add up, and I think it would be fun to stay there, I especially like the fact it has its own bus stop, whereas the other values all share.

Really enjoyed reading your opinions!!

Another vote for POP and the 50’s section. Stayed there in November and was not excited about it based on my memories of staying at the All Stars, but ended up LOVING it. I would absolutely stay there again. The food court was fantastic, the bus service was great, the room was clean and adequate and the CMs were all very friendly!

They’re all pretty much the same.
The three All Stars are all 2000 room hotels and share their buses to some of the parks most of the time.
Pop has 3000 rooms and share their buses with no one else. However I think parking is a bit tighter than the All Stars.