Best On Site place for 8 people?

Wondering what the best onsite resort for 8 people?

It really depends on thier budget. They could rent points and get a 2 bedroom at one of the DVC,or, get 2 rooms at a moderate or Value. My choice would be for a moderate, alot of people,including me, love POFQ, and for a value, PC.

For a moderate, I’d recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR now offers business class club level rooms now with lounge access.

The room has queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don’t have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Have a great trip!

Check out my website below.

I didn’t catch whether all 8 are adults or there are some kids in the 8.

I don’t recommend 4 adults in a value or moderate room. It’s just my opinion but if you can help it–either get another room or another location. I think 2 adults are enough in the mods and certainly in the value size rooms. Two adults and two kids in each room is ok, but if it’s possible, I would spread out more in the mods and value if you have all adults. Two adults in each room would be my max to be comfortable.

I can’t speak for any other type of rooms except mods and value…have never stayed in a suite or Deluxe. The family suites at Art of Animation look nice but I don’t think they hold 8 either.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1136165]I didn’t catch whether all 8 are adults or there are some kids in the 8.

I don’t recommend 4 adults in a value or moderate room. It’s just my opinion but if you can help it–either get another room or another location. I think 2 adults are enough in the mods and certainly in the value size rooms. Two adults and two kids in each room is ok, but if it’s possible, I would spread out more in the mods and value if you have all adults. Two adults in each room would be my max to be comfortable.

I can’t speak for any other type of rooms except mods and value…have never stayed in a suite or Deluxe. The family suites at Art of Animation look nice but I don’t think they hold 8 either.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. It would be helpful if we knew the adult/kid ratio. A two bedroom villa at Old Key West would give you a huge amount of space and sleep 8, plus the benefit of two bathrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, living room and laundry room. Could we have more details?

For 8 people together, I suggest a two bedroom at Old Key West or Saratoga. for 8 people in a value, I suggest THREE rooms at a value resort. There is no way in heck I would cram 4 people unless I had no choice and still - no. At a moderate, i suggest POFQ always because it’s compact and every room a good location. I would still get three rooms if you could at a moderate. Another suggestion would be two family suites at either Art of Animation or All Star Music. that would be the best of both worlds in my opinion.

I agree!!!..My DD and I are enough for a room at POFQ! lol I just can’t imagine having more than 2 adults comfortably in the mod rooms—even though they say for 4 adults!! Just having a place for your “stuff” takes up enough for 2 adults.

We have the same problem in the Deluxe resorts. We stayed 3 Adults in the Yacht Club one year for 10 days and there really isn’t much drawer space.

…forgot all about that—drawer space—I was thinking about “stuff” such as suitcases, backpacks etc…but drawer space is another thing to consider. Plus—I haven’t stayed with 4 adults but I would think that getting everyone in and out of the shower would take that much longer…as it is with 2 one of us is always waiting on the other to get going in the morning…:happy:

rent DVC. Just stayed at SSR in a 2 BR. WOuld do it again in a heartbeat. (and I love all those other resorts too-but this was wonderful!)

To say nothing of four adults + one bathroom + EMH = chaos

At kidani, a 2 bedroom bedrooms three bathrooms. For 8 people, that would be wonderful.

Woohoo had eight of us (four adults, four minors) in a three bedroom two bath Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa. :wub:

No bumping into each other at all. :pirate: