Best place to buy tickets?

We may be able to make a trip to DW in December. We will have a place to stay so I just need to purchase a 4 day probably park hopper ticket. Is it cheapest to purchase directly from Disney or is there another place to buy it that would be cheaper since it’s not included in a package?

Check with AAA if you are a member.

…I checked with my local AAA for tickets for a trip last month, and there wasn’t any difference in price for tickets alone.

They told me that they could no longer discount Disney tickets, however they do offer some packages including tickets that are less…just not tickets/passes.

I wondered why the AAA ads for tickets had been suppressed lately…but they are pushing the packages—we didn’t want a package however. :mickey:

Try Undercover Tourist, if you use the link through Mousesavers It is supposed to save you some $$.

Another Undercover Tourist fan. Sign up for mousesavers.com newsletter, which comes out on the 15th of each month, and there will be a link that has their deepest discounts. When I order from them, I get the tickets within 3 or 4 days, and they are real tickets, not vouchers. Also, the discount may be minimum but remember, if you purchase directly through Disney, they charge you taxes. UT doesn’t.

Undercover Tourist for sure!! But use the Mousesaver link as it will save a little bit more. All shipping/taxes are included. Have ordered ALL our tickets through them for last several years and we can’t go wrong!!

We too used Undercover Tourist. Not a real BIG savings, but far better than paying full price. Very nice to deal with.

For those who use the Undercover Tourist for tickets…you get separate passes from your roomkey right? If not, how does that work?

I checked them out for our trip in August and I found the savings to not be very much at all for two people…and I thought that it would mean you would have two cards to keep up with. Maybe I am wrong on that…

I like having one card for room, charges and hoppers…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1122380]For those who use the Undercover Tourist for tickets…you get separate passes from your roomkey right? If not, how does that work?

I checked them out for our trip in August and I found the savings to not be very much at all for two people…and I thought that it would mean you would have two cards to keep up with. Maybe I am wrong on that…

I like having one card for room, charges and hoppers…[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you purchase tickets from UT, they are separate from your room key (just like they would be if you had APs or Non Expiration tickets). However, you can actually have them put your tickets on your room key at the hotel if you like to have them on the same card.

The savings isn’t huge, depending on how many/which tickets you’re buying. You’re really saving on the taxes (UT includes taxes in their pricing… Disney doesn’t, then adds taxes on at the end, so the savings don’t look as big as they actually are). My dad prefers to buy them straight through Disney for the convenience. But I have Max buy his through UT to save a little money.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1122381]Yes, if you purchase tickets from UT, they are separate from your room key (just like they would be if you had APs or Non Expiration tickets). However, you can actually have them put your tickets on your room key at the hotel if you like to have them on the same card.

The savings isn’t huge, depending on how many/which tickets you’re buying. You’re really saving on the taxes (UT includes taxes in their pricing… Disney doesn’t, then adds taxes on at the end, so the savings don’t look as big as they actually are). My dad prefers to buy them straight through Disney for the convenience. But I have Max buy his through UT to save a little money.[/QUOTE]

…thanks for this info Victoria…I just always have passes waiting for us on the room key…didn’t realize they will merge them…

Yep, after checking in and getting your room key card, just head over to Guest Services, hand them both your tickets and room key cards and they will merge them together. They always ask if you want your tickets back. I take them, just to be on the safe side if the first time I swipe at the park and it doesn’t work. Never had a problem, but better to be on the safe side.

Priceline was the cheapest when I purchased our tickets last month. Two free days if you purchase three days. Just choose the tickets only option.

Walt Disney World Resort Hotels and Tickets - Orlando, FL | Priceline.com