Best place to have anniversary dinner?

So my Aunt and Cousin (who is actively in the Coast Guard and is getting a great deal for disney with the current Military discounts) will be at WDW the same week we are in May (they planned to come that week–it’s their first time) and they offered to watch the kids so we could have an adult anniversary!! It was very nice of them!! We weren’t even going to ask!!

So my question to you…

Where would you go and why?

We just love Tutto’s

We loved Artist’s Point at Wilderness Lodge.

It was beautiful. The sun sets over the lake.:wub: The food is very good - and it’s generally pretty quiet.

Is this a special anniversary i.e. 10th, 25th…? How many in the party, and all adults? We have done California Grill (CR), Artist Point (WL) and Narcoossees (GF) for past anniversaries. All upscale and romantic, very nice and quiet. Very enjoyable for a special night out.

something he said!

but I would say to lean more to the California Grill and maybe during the fireworks show! try and see if you can get that.

We just celebrated our 20th anniversary at California Grill in December. It was magical – they sprinkled the table with Mickey-shaped glitter, and they sent a photographer to the table to take a pic, which they sent to our email last week.

They also gave us anniversary pins when we arrived. We kept the menu (the have a new one each day) as a keepsake, as well.

After dinner, of course, there are fireworks on the outdoor deck, which was just heavenly!

[QUOTE=DiZ NeE O8;923426]something he said!

but I would say to lean more to the California Grill and maybe during the fireworks show! try and see if you can get that.[/QUOTE]

I would def go with California grill during the fireworks that is soo romantic!

You cannot go wrong with California Grill or Artist Pointe, you may also consider Coral Reef. They will take a picture and a diver will give a special message at your table from within the aquariam.

Of Course, Victoria & Ablert’s is the most upscale restaraunt at WDW. They will seat you at the Chef’s private table and prepare a special unique menu, which you can keep. It is not on the dining plan.

It’s our 8th anniversary and it will be only the 2 of us.

[QUOTE=CarolinaTilt;923484]You cannot go wrong with California Grill or Artist Pointe, you may also consider Coral Reef. They will take a picture and a diver will give a special message at your table from within the aquariam.

Of Course, Victoria & Ablert’s is the most upscale restaraunt at WDW. They will seat you at the Chef’s private table and prepare a special unique menu, which you can keep. It is not on the dining plan.[/QUOTE]

Coral Reef I didn’t even think of!! And I could surprise dh with the diver and the menu!!

V & A’s is way out of our budget. One day though…

[QUOTE=MissDisney;923429]We just celebrated our 20th anniversary at California Grill in December. It was magical – they sprinkled the table with Mickey-shaped glitter, and they sent a photographer to the table to take a pic, which they sent to our email last week.

They also gave us anniversary pins when we arrived. We kept the menu (the have a new one each day) as a keepsake, as well.

After dinner, of course, there are fireworks on the outdoor deck, which was just heavenly![/QUOTE]

That sounds soooooo romantic!!! :wub:

California Grill or Jiko have always appealed to me.

DH and I thought Le Cellier had a romantic atmosphere.

But, when we were at Ohana, and I was wearing my bride ears, the lady that sings and dances with the kids in there came over to us. She asked us what we were celebrating and we told her a belated honeymoon. She asked us to lead the line of kids around the room and hold the limbo pole. We did. I had never seen DH act THAT goofy (and trust me there have been many times). After we did all that, the lady brought us a big cupcake, complete with Mickey head sprinkles. It was a little untraditional, romantic dinner, but still a magical night we will never forget.

I love the food and atmosphere at Ohana for an anniversary. Plus, you get to see the fireworks!

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;923519]

But, when we were at Ohana, and I was wearing my bride ears, the lady that sings and dances with the kids in there came over to us. She asked us what we were celebrating and we told her a belated honeymoon. She asked us to lead the line of kids around the room and hold the limbo pole. We did. I had never seen DH act THAT goofy (and trust me there have been many times). After we did all that, the lady brought us a big cupcake, complete with Mickey head sprinkles. It was a little untraditional, romantic dinner, but still a magical night we will never forget.

I love the food and atmosphere at Ohana for an anniversary. Plus, you get to see the fireworks![/QUOTE]

We did that on our honeymoon too:laugh: It was cute. It got slightly annoying the 8th time she had the kids do the conga line around our table.

I just can’t get excited about the idea of CA Grill. I found it loud and the decor feels so dated to me.

But I love Artist Point.

And I thought Coral Reef isn’t doing menus and signs anymore? Or am I confusing it with something else?

This question again?
Seems like there was an identical thread last week. Or was it last month and I haven’t been paying close attention.

California Grill or Narcoossee’s timed for fireworks some time during your meal.
Victoria and Albert’s, Chef’s Table if you can get a slot and if your wallet can handle it (it’s not on the dining plan and don’t forget to dress really nice)
Those would be the my top three choices/recommendations.

Jiko, Artist Point and Flying Fish are what I consider second tier choices.
I’d probably put Citrico’s, Fulton’s, and Wolfgang Puck’s Upstairs in that group as well.
It being an anniversary, I feel the panoramic vistas offered at CG and Narc’s add to the occasion, it’s not just another meal.
By the way, I’d class both of Emeril’s restaurants, Shula’s, Yachtsman’s, and Todd English’s bluezoo in the second tier as well.
All good choices for a romantic dinner, some more so than others.

The view from the California Grill is spectacular. It can be very romantic with the terrific service, food, wine, view, sunset, and fireworks.

I thought I had also read somewhere they were no longer doing the diver thing at Coral Reef. Anyway, we ate at Coral Reef in September and I don’t think I would want that as a special anniversary dinner. It didn’t seem that romantic to me. IMHO, I think I would go with California Grill or Artist Point.

We really enjoyed California Grill when we had our wedding dinner there in November:o) We love the view and the food is amazing!!!