Best Resort for a Honeymoon?

My niece will be going to WDW for her Honeymoon in October.:wub: She hasn’t been since she was a child and her new husband has never been. She’s just finishing nursing school the spring and will hopefully be employed by the wedding but money will be tight.

I’ve priced them out a stay at one of the values but I’m trying to help them understand renting points. If they rent I think they may be able to afford just about anywhere in a studio. For a Honeymoon where would you stay?

BWI and SSR ar every romantic.

I am a huge fan of POR, great place for romance I think with their beautiful grounds and waterways all around.

I think Wilderness Lodge would be a good honeymoon resort.

I agree with you on that.

I honeymooned many years ago at the Polynesian. It is very romantic with a tropic flare. We still go back when we can.

If they’re renting points I’d definitely go with the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Very romantic.:wub:

POFQ, if there are n points to rent…

I second POR!
Horse drown carriages, come on that screams romance!

Wilderness Lodge for a peaceful stay, Any of the Epcot resorts if they want to have lots to do outside of the parks at night.

We did the Grand Floridian this year for our Anniversary and for that purpose it was really nice and romantic. However, I would fully recommend the Polynesian. It is great, romantic, dark corners to enjoy each other (cleanly, lol) and in the evening nothing is better than sitting on the sand on the beach watching “Wishes”. Can you tell I love the Poly?

Beach Club for a deluxe and CSR for a moderate.

CSR has its own night club, a spa for massages, a fitness center and much more.

I am so happy that a ton of resorts are cropping up on this thread! It tells me there are a lot of romantic places to be found…

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn’t really have put “romantic” and “Disney World” in the same sentence before. How wrong I am! :happy:

Thanks for all the suggestions keep them coming! It looks like on points AKV would be the least expensive but I’ve never even been to the AKL to look around, I’m planning on going to at least look around this August. Is it romantic?:heart:

She really likes the Polynesian because that’s where her parents stayed for their Honeymoon years and years ago but I doubt they can swing that. Right now all they think they can do is one of the values, and I know they are fine but I really want this to be special.:wub: The family is chipping in for tickets (hopefully) and gift cards to use for meals.

The Polynesian is incredible. The lush tropical atmosphere is perfect for a honeymoon.

Renting DVC points: Wilderness Lodge Villas or Bay Lake Tower (MK view).
If you want a hotel for a honeymoon (which you really don’t want to do in a value or even a mod) Grand Floridian, Contemporary Tower (MK view (what’s more romantic than being able to look at the castle from bed?), Wilderness Lodge, with honorable mentions to Poly, Yacht, and Beach. AK savannah view is also good.
The Boardwalk is nice too, but I’m thinking more in terms of what I feel are romantic surroundings.

The lush tropical atmosphere is something I can get 24 hours a day just by stepping outside (after all, I do live in Florida), so that doesn’t do as much for me. In fact, that’s probably one of the reasons I love Wilderness Lodge so much, it’s the antithesis of Florida and more like US Park Service lodges like the Old Faithful Inn.

I’m going to quote several of you when I try to talk them into renting points. I completely agree with Soundgod I really don’t want them to honeymoon at a Value. If they are still afraid of renting points I’m keep my fingers crossed for a really good special for October!

[QUOTE=NinerMouse;1015119]Thanks for all the suggestions keep them coming! It looks like on points AKV would be the least expensive but I’ve never even been to the AKL to look around, I’m planning on going to at least look around this August. Is it romantic?:heart:

She really likes the Polynesian because that’s where her parents stayed for their Honeymoon years and years ago but I doubt they can swing that. Right now all they think they can do is one of the values, and I know they are fine but I really want this to be special.:wub: The family is chipping in for tickets (hopefully) and gift cards to use for meals.[/QUOTE]

I’ve stayed at AKL (Kidani Village), and couldn’t be happier. I’ve stayed twice at the Poly and loved that, too! AKL has a nice pool area and just a nice cozy feel. The Poly has that Hawaiian feel. Hmmm, I would pick AKL over Poly for a Honeymoon, we :heart: it!!

POFQ was our choice back in 1993, we’ve stayed at other resorts since…nothing quite matches it in terms of romance and ambiance at any price, IMHO.